Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:17 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Welcome....

To Everyone.....

I am deborah.....resident lurker these days.....or so it seems.

I am in Mississippi, sahm to a total of 5. Homeschooling the 2 younger daughters.

Jump right on in....the forums are great! Loads of information!!

Hope everyone in the states is having a safe holiday Monday!

Take care,
deborah
Old 09-02-2002, 02:16 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi everyone

I am Dawn and I have been married to my wonderful husband for nearly 13 years.(Its our wedding anniversary on 16th Sept.) We have two children dd 12 and ds 8 and although I love them both to bits we have just spent the last six weeks together and nerves are getting a bit frayed so roll on Wednesday when they return to school. The other member of our family is a black and white cat. We live in a small town called Northwich in the North West of England.

I work part time as a deputy supervisor in a pre-school which I love and I also look after four children before and after school. They are all girls and I have been looking after them for so long they are part of the family really. I am also studying with the Open University for a degree in religious education so that I can train to be a teacher.

When I have time my hobbies include cross stitch, reading, cooking and camping with my family. I also spend far too much time playing on the computer

My husband is a senior Bank Manager and he works very long hours so that gives me plenty of time to read all the posts on this forum. I have enjoyed browsing around and picking up some great ideas. I look forward to posting and making some new friends
Old 09-02-2002, 06:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Welcome Dawn

Hi CastleLady,
Welcome. I too am new to familycorner and I am really enjoying all the neat stuff and people online. Just wanted to let you know that there is a very interesting site for cross stitch aficionados and it is: www.powerup.com.au/~sheal/freebies.html

Like you, I enjoy working with children. I teach a class on religion to 6th graders once a week in my local church (as a volunteer).

Would love to visit your beautiful country one day!
Old 09-02-2002, 06:52 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome Castlelady

Hi Dawn , Welcome to the Family

I also love to x-stitch but i have to admit that i havent done any over the summer as i have been just too busy . I like to x-stitch in the winter when it snows ... makes me feel all warm and cozy LOL
Here is the link for the craft forum you might like to look at http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...?s=&forumid=71

I love to cook also and i have found many recipes at the WHATS FOR DINNER? forum which is found here http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...=&threadid=283 They have such great ideas You might also want to look at the RECIPE EXCHANGE http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...?s=&forumid=33 I have found some new family favorites here

As you work your way through the maze of different forums on here ,you will find that everyone here is very friendly , helpful and full of useful hints and tips , so , if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask them

Once again , Welcome to the Family Dawn

Sue
Old 09-04-2002, 10:01 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Hello Everyone!!

Hello Everyone!!

My name is Deborah, I have been married 11 years, I am a SAHM to 3 boys Luke, 11, Phillip 9, and Nick 7. They keep me very busy. I just found these boards today and I really like what I see.

When I have time I love to crochet, cross stitch and do all kinds of crafts.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:23 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Welcome.....

from another deborah!

I haven't been on the board long, but it's a great place to visit and spend w---a------yyyy-----y too much time at! My favorite place to visit! Lots and lots of forums.....

I have been married to Allen 11 yrs this November. Between us we have 4 daughters and 1 son. Oldest daughter just got married in July.

Nice to meet you!
Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Take care,
deborah
(hailing from NW Mississippi)
Old 09-04-2002, 03:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky Hello everyone

When I registered I thought I'd be the "old lady" of the forum, and I see by some I've read that I probably am. Some of you aren't too far behind.

We live in Shoreview, Minnesota, and have no children but a lot of nieces and nephews. Last year I joined the Medicare bunch, and my husband has been there quite some time. We have been married 34 years (I was his child bride)!

Maybe with the diversity of the members we can find things interesting to all.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:38 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome momof3boys

Hi Deborah , Welcome to the Family

You will find that there are a lot of crafters on the boards here I am one of them I am sure you will like this forum ... it is the CRAFTING forum You can visit it by clicking here http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...?s=&forumid=71

I am sure you will find everything on the boards here but if you should have any questions please do not hesitate to ask them as there is always someone just waiting to reply with a helpful hint , tip or answer to just about anything The thing that attracted me to the boards is that everyone here is so friendly and helpful

Once again , welcome to the Family Deborah I look forward to your future posts !

Sue
Old 09-04-2002, 04:13 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome MNNorsk

Hi MNNorsk , welcome to the Family

In my opinion age is just a number , so no one is 'old' in my eyes .....everyone is young at heart

Do you have any interests or hobbies? I love to cook , craft, sew and read just to name a few .

I am sure you will find yourself getting lost in the different posts and forums as i do everytime i come on here .. i only say i will spend a few minutes on here but 2 hours later i am still reading posts lol If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask them as there is always someone here that has a friendly answer , tip or hint

Once again , welcome to the family I look forward to reading your future posts

Sue
Old 09-05-2002, 05:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Welcome MNNorsk ! Age is all in how you feel. My husband is 63 and can run circles around me ( I'm 51). I hope you enjoy Family Corner as much as I do. Everyone has something to share, age just gives you more frames of reference !

Closed Thread