Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Welcome Lynn,

I am new here. I live in NH. Everyone here is very friendly. feel free to e-mail me if you'd like.

Fiancee of Dennis

Mom to:
Steven, 24
Kerri, 18
Chris, 13
Old 08-31-2002, 06:30 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle JUST STOPPING BY TO SAY HELLO AGAIN!

HI THERE EVERYONE - I MUST ADMIT I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR A

WHILE AS WE (DH AND MYSELF)HAVE BEEN HOUSE HUNTING IN

PRICE,UTAH FOR QUITE A FEW MONTHS AND I BARELY HAVE THE

ENERGY TO EVEN TURN ON MY COMPUTER.

LAST NIGHT I WAS ON AND READ A LITTLE ABOUT NEW
NEIGHBORS BUT THAT WAS IT. I MUST SAY IT IS GOOD TO BE
BACK. ARE NEW NEIGHBORS ALWAYS SO SCARY-BOY HAVE I HEARD SOME STORIES.

I MUST SAY IT IS NICE TO KNOW THAT MORE AND MORE MEMBERS ARE SHOWING UP EVERY DAY. SO ---
WELCOME EVERYONE !
THIS IS ONE SITE YOU WILL NEVER REGRET HAVING SIGNED UP FOR.

TALK TO YOU ALL REAL SOON - YOUR BUDDY GLADYS
MAYBE WE CAN MOVE INTO OUR NEW HOME SOON!
Old 08-31-2002, 07:27 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome Poolgal

Hi Lynn , Welcome to the Family

Do you have any hobbies? I love to cook , sew , craft and read ...to name a few things If you let me know what interests you i can find the forums for you on here

As you will find out very quickly , everyone here is very friendly and helpful , so , if you have any questions what so ever , please do not hesitate to ask them There is always a friendly answer just waiting to happen

Once again , Welcome to the Family Lynn !! I look forward to reading your future posts

Sue
Old 08-31-2002, 09:25 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lynn,
I can vouch for the friednliness here! I joined not oo long ago, and this board is like a friend that you can talk to any time of the day or night!
I really appreciate the group. They have already helped me through some tough spots.
Laurie

Stang Home And Loving It!
Old 09-01-2002, 05:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcom Back GMC44! Good Luck with the house hunting! Hope you get moved in real soon so you can spend more time here at FamilyCorner.com!
Old 09-01-2002, 04:03 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky In response......

I thank you for your warm welcomes'. I have found many things on the board already that have piqued my interest. I get the feeling it will take many visits before I have exhausted all the areas that are catching my eye.

As for my hobbies, I don't really have any. I do of course have things I enjoy doing but I don't really consider them a hobby. I do love to cook, especially new recipes and ethnic foods. Each time I go visit my Mom, I make sure I spend plenty of time with my Grandmother so I can learn her family recipes.

I love to read. I have often been accused of reading too much because I am always pointing out mis-spellings and grammar errors. Not that I am perfect in grammar myself but, I mainly pick on the really obvious errors.

I used to do ceramics. I really enjoyed them. Unfortunately, money became an issue. I think I was completing my projects too quickly.

I love to garden. I have done a lot of canning and have even won blue ribbons at the county fairs. I still laugh at the thought of this NJ big-city girl canning and even entering county fair's.

I am a cleaning fanatic. As most females, I loooove to shop, whether in person or online. I love to travel, although my experiences have mostly been limited to the Eastern half of the US, Mexico and Canada.

I suppose I can say more in other posts. As you may have noticed, if I am in a chatty mood, I can 'talk' forever. I do apologize for that, I guess I am just in that mood.

Again, thanks for your warm welcome. I look forward to chatting with some of you and reading your posts.

Bye for now,
Lynn
Old 09-01-2002, 09:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

Hi! I am Valerie M. and live in Rome, NY. My husband and I have been married for 25 years, soon to be 26 years.

We have two children, Becky, age 21 and Mike, age 25. Our daughter celebrated her first anniversary with her wonderful husband, Frank.

Our son, Mike, lives in Bristol, CT. He recently bought a house. Formerly he resided in Manchester, CT. Mike has been a resident of CT for four years now after graduating from SUNY Tech with a bacherlor's degree in Telecommunications and Computer Science.

My daughter and son-in- law are both working and taking college courses so their lives are very busy.

We have a dog, Pepper-Molly, soon to be eight years old. She is a miniature schnauzer/miniature poodle mix known as a Schnoodle.

Our "grandchildren" consist of a cute Jack Russell Terrier, Flip, who is three years old and a Welsh Corgi Pembroke, Samantha, who is a year old and very sweet.

As you may have guessed, both my husband and I are dog lovers and would not be without them and their unconditional love.

I like to sew. Anybody out there have any unique and easy sewing crafts?

Exercise is an important part of my life. I try to work out five times a week to keep my endorphins up and weight down.

I am glad to be a part of this family.

Valerie M.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Welcome Valerie M,

You will meet alot of great people here and wonderful tips from cooking to cleaning and also tips on dogs. I bet you even have some good ones.

I have been married for 17 years, this is my second marriage and wish I would of met my current husband the first time around.

We are dog lovers too and have a border-collie mix, and a greyhound mix. We adopted them from the Animal Shelter. They have been great dogs with the exception of digging up my flowers or making holes in the lawn.lol They are always looking and smelling for things. We exercise them every day, or I guess they exercise me.

I admire you love of exercise, I will do it but I should do more. I do yardwork all summer, mowing, gardening and landscaping. I walk my dogs quite a bit and I have a Nordic Track to work out on too! Also have a Health Rider but now using the Nordic Track since I was getting bored. In the winter, snow removal is the big exercise thing here...it is nothing to spend a couple of hours shoveling,scooping and blowing snow. I live in Michigan and winter is about 9 months long here.lol

I only do basic sewing, make simple things and I also like to crochet, paint, cross stitch, and look for new craft ideas.

Chat with you again,

janet
Old 09-02-2002, 01:27 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

WELCOME BACK

THANK YOU KIMMYO - THAT WAS A VERY NICE WELCOME BACK FOR ME.
AFTER SPENDING A FEW HOURS ON THIS SITE (NO HOUSEWORK FOR ME TODAY-THANK GOODNESS MY HUBBY INDULGES ME)I HAVE ALOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO,BUT I SURE WOULDN'T WANT TO DO IT ANY WHERE ELSE.
TALK TO YOU ALL REAL SOON -HAVE TO GET BACK TO MY READING OF OTHER POSTS RE DECORATING.
GMC44

I DO KNOW THAT OUR OFFER HAS BEEN ACCEPTED AND CLOSING WILL BE AT THE END OF THIS MONTH.- HOPEFULLY !
Old 09-02-2002, 08:41 AM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome Valerie M.

Hi Valerie , Welcome to the Family

I have to agree with you about your dog , We have a pure bred Samoyed , who is a big big fur baby , but we wouldnt trade her in for anything in the world There is a great forum on here all about DOGS , you can find it here http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...?s=&forumid=93

I also love sewing , i will sew anything and everything I can ...well almost everything lol There is another great forum on here all dealing with sewing which can be found here http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...s=&forumid=211 There are a lot of great ideas on there that i am just itching to try when the kids are back in school

My mom and I try and walk on her days off , Fri - Tues. , either just around our town or we will treat ourselves and go for a walk along the beach and the lagoon which is about 10 mins from us. We love to walk so it really isnt any big deal for us to start off and come back an hour or so later lol

Well, my post is getting kind of long and i still havent told you how friendly everyone is here I am sure you will find out just how friendly and helpful they are when you start posting, if you have a question please don't hesitate to ask them

Once again , Welcome to the Family Valerie I look forward to reading your future posts

Sue

Closed Thread