Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Oh my I didn't realize it had been so long since I have been here to welcome all our new family members. I won't try to welcome each of you my name just please know that I am glad that each of you have decided to join us. It looks like we are getting more international all the time. So many of us have imigrated from other countries or still live there and via the cyber space are here with us. This is exiting to me since I have never been out of the USA and dream of someday seeing other parts of this wonderful world.

I see that there are also many crafters. we will most likely see each other on the craft forums. That is where I spend most of my time. I do a lot of dreaming there too. Thinking of things I would like to try myself. Right now I am working on things for My sister's Christmas boutique in San Jose Ca. I am hoping to go out there and help with it.

My DH and I have been married for 35 years in Dec. We have 2 DDs and 2 dgds. ! DD is single but has a signifcate other, 1 DD is divorced and she and one her girls live with me. The other dgd is in a group home. The dgd are 9 and 6. I am a SAHG and have cared for the dgd for moct of their lives. Something that I treasure very much. I am a retired teacher of hearing impaired children.

Well I didn't intend to tell mty life story but you will find that I tend to talk a lot. lol ;-)

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi everyone. Just read stitcher 45 message and was glad to har from you. Sounds as tho you are busy. and you live in Des Moines. My grand daughter went to college there and I have a cousin in San Jose CA. Small world isn't it?? I live in ND down in the SE corner almost to SD. I am a widow and have two children, both married and seven grand children and one great-grandchild. Aren't they just the most fun?? I live in the country and it is on my son's farm which was a tree claim by my grandfather in 1889 before ND was a state and has been in the family ever since. I grew up on this farm and moved back about three years before I lost my husband so he and I had some quality time here in our mobile home. Glad we made the move when we did. I keep busy with all of the jobs that your "friends" find for you when you are retired and they think you need something to do.
I am a WW member, Legion Auxiliary member or which I am the Unit Girls state chairman, sec and any other jobs they need done. I am also a state chairman of the organization and have been since I was District president about seven years ago. So I keep busy. I love to quilt and do crafts of various kinds and travel. All for now. Marian in ND
Old 08-29-2002, 09:34 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello, my name is Tiffani and I live in Las Vegas, I am a stay-at-home mother of two, I have a 5 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter. I have officially began homeschooling my son this year.

I found your sight by referral from a homeschoolers support group that I belong to. Another member was posting info on how to make your own cleaning supplies and laundry detergent but could not remember the exact recipes and directed me this site.

So please forward me any recipes that any of you have that I could try and whip up my very own cleaning collection. I am quite excited.

I'm looking forward to the interaction.
Old 08-30-2002, 04:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi All!

I know I'm still a "newbie" but I wanted to welcome all the "newer newbies" to the family! I'm addicted already!

Tiffani, I also have a 2 (DD) and a 5 year old (DS) - as well as a 14 year old DS. The 5 year old started "K" this year and loves it! Gives me time with just the baby girl during the day as well. Enjoy your babies!

Talk to you all soon!

Take care of you!

Cassie - Jiggly

Old 08-30-2002, 06:01 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi all. I'm Linda and I live in North Carolina. I'm an empty nester (finally!) and have been married for almost 37 years to the same great guy! I have 3 grown daughters, 1 grandson and 1 granddaughter. I am an avid cross stitcher. I work as an administrative assistant in Basic Skills at our community college.

I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Old 08-30-2002, 07:13 AM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome into our family....

Flags4U, Maggie W, Empty Nest Mom, Marian, Tiffani, Jigglypuff377, and LindaNC.
(and any other newbie that I might have missed...)-

Gee, we're growing by leaps and bounds! How nice. I'm sure all of you will just love being here. You'll find it very difficult to "pull the plug" on your computer, every day. The hours, not minutes, fly by so quickly, the day ends before you even think of any housework to be done. (What is "housework"???) LOL

WELCOME...

TTFN ~ ~

Carol Ann
autumnmum 2002
"Coupon~Aholic's"
Swap Club ~ 2002
[email protected]
Old 08-30-2002, 01:58 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi LindaNC

I'm a Linda, too. I've been married 35 years and have a grown son with 4 grandkids (2 grandsons, 2 granddaughters) Aren't they just the best?;-) and a grown daughter. You are just gonna love it here. There are so many forums and so much information that you will find yourself lost in here for hours. Enjoy.
Old 08-30-2002, 02:08 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome Tiffani & LindaNC

Hi , Welcome to the family Tiffani and Linda

I am so sorry i am late in welcoming you into the family , normally i am right on top of things.
Anyway , as you can see , everyone here is very friendly and helpful , so , if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask , there is always someone with a friendly hint, tip or answer just waiting to share their knowledge

If there are any specific forums you would like to see just let me know and i will find the forum links for you

Once again , Welcome to the family

Sue
Old 08-30-2002, 04:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

I have been remiss in welcoming newcomers, and am sorry. As others have said, though, all of you newbies will really love this site. Everyone is so very friendly, and full of interesting, and helpful information about so many topics. I wish this medium had been available to me when I was as young as most of you seem to be. I surely could have benefited by it. I didn't know beans about cooking, as my mother never taught me a thing about it.
When I said something to her about it some years ago, she told me I didn't want to. I said, "I didn't WANT to clean the toilet, either, but you made me."

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 08-31-2002, 12:43 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Tell us about yourself !

Hi,

My name is Lynn and I live in Jacksonville, NC. I am here by way of marriage to a former U.S. Marine. I was born and raised in NJ. I am currently divorced with no children. 41 yrs. of age and I hold a bachelor of Psychology.
I have one cat named Peanuts. For medical reasons I am currently not employed.
I have been on the internet for approximately 4 yrs.

If anyone is interested in emailing me for a bit of chat, I can be reached at [email protected]

Closed Thread