Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:36 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome Flags4u

I'm sure you are gonna love it here. There are many forums and if you want to start a new one just jump right in. Everybody here is very friendly and very helpful. Warning, tho, this does become addicting..........
Old 08-28-2002, 04:07 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome Flags4U

Hi Michelle , Welcome to the Family

You mentioned something that started me laughing ... you said you should write some of the stuff that the kids do down so that when they have kids of their own you can show them lol well , my dad did that to me and has told my kids some wild stories about me LOL I write down a lot of the things they do as i plan of getting my revenge on them for giving me all these grey hairs

I am sure that you will enjoy getting los tin all the forums as I do when i get on here lol there is just so much to see and do on here that you can't just leave ..... my saying is ' just one more post then i am off!' that translates to in about an hour or two i will be finished lol The forums are very addicting

As ladyinmaille said , every one here is very helpful and friendly so please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions

Once again welcome to the family I look forward to reading your future posts

Sue
Old 08-28-2002, 06:08 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi everyone!

Not my first visit but first time chatting on the forums

I'm 45, married with two teenage girls of 18 and 14. I was born in Scotland and lived there until 4 years ago...when I came to Texas to live. It's a bit bigger here! LOL.

I work from home, which I love! That's all I can think of for now...good to be here
Old 08-28-2002, 06:13 PM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

MaggieIW

From Scotland. Way cool. My son in law would be so envious. He claims Scottish heritage and it has been his lifelong dream to go to Scotland.

And how cool to be able to work from home. My kids have been gone for years but I have 4 grandkids that live about 10 minutes away from me so I still have joy in the household.

Welcome.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Welcome Flags4u ,

I am new here also. I love reading all the posts and stuff. Everyone seems very friendly. Welcome and hope you enjoy it here also.

Fiancee of Dennis

Mom to:
Steven, 24
Kerri, 18
Chris, 13
Old 08-28-2002, 07:10 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome MaggieIW

Hi Maggie , Welcome to the Family

Do you have any hobbies? I love to craft , read , sew , and cook just to name a few I am also finding tons of other stuff to do from all these forums As you will find out that there is just about every subject covered here in the forums You will also find out that everyone here is very helpful and friendly , so , if you should have a question please don't hesitate to ask

I am originally from England but moved to here , Canada , when i was 11 ........ about ummm *does the math now * about 25 years ago

Once again Maggie , Welcome to the family and i look forward to reading your future posts

Sue
Old 08-29-2002, 06:56 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

New around here!

Hi Everybody,

I've been to this site before and get the newsletter but never checked out the board, very nice!

Going to take awhile to read through everything here

Names Jeanine or my username is Empty Nest Mom, started a web site by the same name a little over a year ago. Been a lot of work but have really enjoyed it.

Married for 37 years (to the same man even!) and have two grown sons. One is married the other, well, don't think he's looking real hard at the moment. No grandkids though, sighhhhhh, but maybe one day.

Hope to get to know some of you here a little better. Will be back again for sure.

Take care now!

Last edited by Empty Nest Mom; 08-29-2002 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2002, 07:44 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks

for the warm welcome I hope your SIL does manage a trip to Scotland ladyinmaille, it is a beautiful country. I haven't been home since I immigrated and I do get homesick sometimes. It just costs so much to go there. But we're busy saving so fingers crossed we get there sometime!

I love to cook and read too crafymom. I would love to sew but I just could never do it. I knit a lot of Arran and Icelandic stuff (the more complicated the better!) but I can't sew them together! So I always have all these pieces of cardigans and sweaters sitting there waiting for a friend to sew them up LOL I also make candles and soaps....just for my own use, not for selling...although I might one day!

I'll stop now before I turn this into a craft topic
Old 08-29-2002, 01:40 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome Empty Nest Mom

Hi Jeanine , Welcome to the Family

I think you are like most of us , in that we all used to just read the news letter and then realized that there was a great forum here and joined up

Trust me when I tell you that these forums are very addicting lol i am a Family Corner Junkie and proud of it I am here every day reading posts and replying to them I think it is because everyone is so friendly and helpful that draws me back time and time again

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask , as there is always a friendly and helpful hint , tip or trick just waiting to be typed out by one of our members

Once again Jeanine , Welcome to the Family I look forward to reading your future posts

Sue
Old 08-29-2002, 01:46 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

MaggieIW

Oh , now i know you like crafts i should direct you to the Crafting forum You can visit it here http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...?s=&forumid=71 There are just so many neat and interesting idea's going on there i still dont know which project to do first lol

Enjoy browsing the many craft subjects in there

Sue

Closed Thread