Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

autumnmum--

You are so loyal to your mother. It is said that love is blind, and even though I appreciate your kind comments about mama's garden, you don't really know how it looks at present. It is saaaaadd!!---Front AND back. I am not going to plant another thing until next year now. Rain has killed a lot by drowning things out, and I am disgusted.

Thanks for the faith you have. I need it now. LOL!

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 08-24-2002, 06:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

craftymom--

I'm sorry to have let myself be carried away on gardening. I'll be good from now on, and post on the gardening forum. I can see it has gotten out of hand. I promise to do better. Thanks.

Old 08-24-2002, 06:38 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

chuckle Blondie

Oh i only posted the Gardening link as i wasnt sure if you had travelled over that way yet..... i didn't post it for any other reason ..... well , maybe to let you know that anytime you want to come play in my garden you are more than welcome to honest.. i didn't post it for any other reason other than to share it

Sue
Old 08-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

craftymom--

That's okay. I can see the subject should have been on the gardening forum. When I see the word, gardening, it sends me off. I'd love to come play in your garden. At least I could be sure things would grow better because of good soil. --Gee, that gives me two good places to get dirty! Oh joy! Thanks, I WILL be good from now on, though.

Old 08-24-2002, 06:51 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Blondie

Your posts are always welcome no matter where they are

As a bonus when you come to garden you can play with the bunnies in the back yard too LOL

Sue
Old 08-24-2002, 07:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

craftymom--

Hot dog! I think I'll go pack right now!!

Old 08-25-2002, 01:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Welcome all Newbies to the message boards!
You will find a great bunch of ladies here and so much creative ideas for food, decorating,crafts, and even how to handle a barking dog!

So jump on in and get to know everyone!

I am a SAHM now for 2 years and love every minute of it. I have a son and a hubby that keep me busy in the kitchen and the laundry room, but that's what life is about for me. We also have 2 spoiled dogs that we adopted from the Humane Shelter. A bordercollie mix and a greyhound mix, so I am running a swifter around the baseboards everyday to pick up the dog hair! One of them is a barker and the other is a digger. So they keep me busy too!

janet
Old 08-25-2002, 03:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Howdy yal'l, from Texas.

HI, just signed up today for the forums, but have been reading from this site for quite a while. I live with DH, two stepsons 12 & 11, and bio daughter 11. Got laid off from my job in December, and having a hard time finding a new one. Was pretty organized about shopping before, but I've had way more time lately to get serious about it! Been working on my price book, and am hoping to start a coupon swap at my local library.

I've always been into couponing, but haven't really followed through on refunding in the past. For about a year, I've planned menus based on sales and our family activities/schedule. I stock up during great sales, but hadn't been quite the penny pincher I am now. We have four supermarkets within five miles of our house - two double/triple coupons! Plan to try more 'cooking ahead' and creative uses for leftovers.

Am also starting early again this year for Christmas. Without my income, holiday shopping will be very limited. Cleaning out the garage (a MAJOR project) and finding all kinds of stuff to make Christmas crafts with my kids and my girl scout troop.

Trying to find more creative, efficient ways to spend my time and money. Necessity is the mother of invention!
Old 08-25-2002, 06:33 PM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Welcome dawny75

Hi Dawny75 , welcome to the family

I am so jealous that you have 4 super markets within 5 miles of you ...we have just one tiny grocery store in our small town so if you want to get good deals you have to drive about 45 mins away to the next town

I have found that the WHATS FOR DINNER? thread has loads of hints and recipes for left overs ...here is the link for that http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...=&threadid=283

I don't know if you are interested in the Frugal Living forum but here is the link also ... they have some great money saving idea's too .... oops here is the link http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...?s=&forumid=72

If you have any question please don't hesitate to ask them as there is always a friendly answer just waiting to happen

Once again , welcome to the family

Sue
Old 08-25-2002, 10:53 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

new to boards

hi, just wanted to say HI!. I live in graham, nc and have two
kids, one of each. I'm a sahm for the past 10 years. I have
been getting all kinds of good advice from everyone, so I
thought it was time to become a member of this family. I
hope I can contribute as well. Thanks for having me.

Closed Thread