Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:19 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello!

Hello everyone! My name is Kathy, I have been happily married for 25 years and have 2 boys-Jack and Kyle. Both of my boys are now in college and now that I have less to do for them I have more to do for myself. I love to cook, garden, read, decorate, make it to the gym on occasion, and of course spend time with all 3 of my boys. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people, and to learning new ideas
Old 01-20-2011, 09:12 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Welcome

I am a mother of 4. My boys are married. I have 1 daughter in college and 1 is a senior in high school. I have 2 granddaughters.

I understand about having free time. I haven't figured out what to do with some of my free time yet.

Everyone is wonderful here. I hope you stop by often.

Charlotte
Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Assistant Moderator

Hello Kathy, welcome aboard to a great website, where people can become friends and adopted family.. I say that because some of us are not family but our hearts tells us we are.
I've been a member here for a good time now and I still come back to say hi and to see what is going on with my friends/ adopted family members. I do have quite a few that I have adapted to be part of my inner circle and without them I would be a lost puppy.

there are tons of great threads to learn from others, to get great receipes or ideas.. You can always find someone around these parts. Make yourself welcome, grab a cup of coffee or your fav drink, and take time to get familar with the pages.

a good one to get to know one another and to chit chat is called the friendship flower, just click your search button and type in friendship flower, you should find it.. if not yell at me and I will find the link for you.. we chat about anything almost.

if you looking for something you can try that seach and see what it brings up, and if you don't then start a thread.

hope to see you around.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello, Kathy! Welcome! My name is Kathy, too! I have two daughters, 20 and 17 (soon to be 21 and 18). I have been married for 26 years and work part-time at a law firm. I was blessed to be able to be a stay-at-home mom for my daughters.

I really enjoy cooking, cross-stitch and sewing. My older daughter is teaching me how to scrapbook, and I dabble in gardening. This year, I am planning on going bigger and growing more veggies.

I have been a member for about 4 years now. This is such a wonderful place- so many friendly, lovely women. I hope to see you around on the threads!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Assistant Moderator

Kathymac, I do not think we have ran into one another, so let me say welcome. For the last 18th months I've been going thru grief, and before then taking care of a husband that was sick.. it nice to met you as well.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Barbar, you can find Kathymac busily posting away on the frugal thread!!!!!

hugs, train
Old 01-21-2011, 04:06 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Wonder, I want to officially welcome you. I know you will meet some terrific people here and find your niche.

Here are some forums that you might enjoy:

Greeting cards

Once a month cooking

Friendship Flower Thread

What's for Dinner

Gardening

Pets and Animals

Frugal Living

Just for grandparents

Local and regional forums

3D Cards

If you have any questions, please ask any moderator or assistant moderator. We'd be more than happy to answer any questions that you have. Grab yourself something to drink and jump in and make yourself at home. You won't find a friendlier group anywhere. I look forward to getting to know you. I hope to see your posts soon. You won't find a friendlier group anywhere.