Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Old 11-24-2010, 01:12 PM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Hello! Newbie Here :)

Hello, my name is Aubrie. I am a nineteen year old college student studying Accounting, Child Care, and Health & Human Services. I am currently looking for a job and transitioning into becoming a night student in order to make job hunting more successful.

I have been in a relationship with my soulmate Darren for 17 months so far, will be 18 months Dec 3rd. He is my world as is his son from a previous relationship (an abusive one to his misfortune). Andrew is our pride and joy and I see him as a son to me. Andrew was diagnosed with Autism at a year old, he is two now, a smart and hansome little man like his father. Darren and I day-to-day support and help Andrew conquor his Autism, he has CMS (Children Making Strides) & EI (Early Intervention) appointments and he learns quickly. And we love him unconditionally.

He is the pride and joy of our life and we thank the Goddess that we have him. And I thank the Goddess that I have Darren in my life as well.

I am Pagan, mainly a Hedge pagan, I deal with herbs, plants, minerals, anything having to deal with the kitchen and Mother Earth. I take pride in helping others, especially help healing them to the best of my abilities.

My hobbies include: Knitting, Cleaning, Reading, Crafting Dreamcatchers, hanging out with my boys, and furthering my education be it in or out of school.

I get along more with adults than I do anyone my own age. I was raised the old fashioned way by my parents, from the 80s down, even though I am a 90s child.

I found FamilyCorner.com while browsing for the perfect site for children and family oriented things. And I just fell in love with the site. When I saw there was a forum, I just had to join and I love everything about this place. The people are kind and caring and I can tell that this is the type of enviroment, web-based, that I can certainly adapt to.

I am looking forward to meeting new people here and maybe make some friends along the way.

I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich.
~Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford, "Identity Crisis," M*A*S*H
Old 11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome to Family Corner, Aubrie. You will be delighted to find lots of people here who are friendly and interesting. It sounds like you have a very full life, and I'm sure that keeps you busy.

Welcome,
Old 11-25-2010, 03:56 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Aubrie, I want to officially welcome you to Family Corner. I am glad your child got the diagnosis early so you can work with him. Early intervention is always good.

Here are some forums that you might enjoy:

Greeting cards

Once a month cooking

Friendship Flower Thread

What's for Dinner

Gardening

Pets and Animals

Frugal Living

Just for grandparents

Local and regional forums

3D Cards

If you have any questions, please ask any moderator or assistant moderator. We'd be more than happy to answer any questions that you have. Grab yourself something to drink and jump in and make yourself at home. You won't find a friendlier group anywhere. I look forward to getting to know you. I hope to see your posts soon. You won't find a friendlier group anywhere.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:34 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you Missi & DeBora for the warm welcome.
I appreciate the forum suggestions. I shall take a good look at them.

And since today is a holiday, Happy Thanksgiving to you both.
As well as to everyone else on the forum.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:54 AM
Head Moderator

Welcome to Family Corner Aubrie! There are endless things here on this forum that I am sure you will enjoy just from the short introduction of yourself you have given. You really have your plate full for a woman of 19! Enjoy it all! Life is short, but you seem to be making the best of it already!

If you have any questions we will be happy to try and help you out with the answers. Looking forward to chatting with you on Family Corner!
Old 11-25-2010, 08:07 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you for the Welcome cat lover.
Looking forward to chatting with you as well

Old 11-26-2010, 07:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome to FC Aubrie, you will find as you browse the forum, that everyone is friendly here, alot of us have been here quite awhile (6years for me) and have made some great friends here! My dh's grandson was diagnosed with Autism at a real young age(he is 10 now), is doing great thanks to all the special help and schooling etc., he plays the violin exceptionally well, and we are looking forward to his 2nd concert in Dec, at his school. Hope to see you around the boards, Also Im a tagmaker for several groups as well as my own and have some great Autism tags if you would like one let me know.Hugs Sandie
Old 11-27-2010, 12:39 PM

Hi Aubrie and welcome. Lots of info here and we have fun.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Assistant Moderator

Aubrie and to a great website. We have a little bit of everything and if we don't then start a post and see where it goes.

My first marriage I accepted 2 kids as my own, althought they did not live with us.
When I marriage my 2nd husband and soulmate, the dream of my life, he then raise my 2 kids and to them that was their daddy.
As the old sayng goes what you give comes back around. Well I had a wonderful step dad that was daddy to me, He took me at the age of 5 and then I was a step mom, and then in the end my kids had a step dad.

so it can be a beautiful relationship. A tip is to treat them as if they were your own, but don't take them from thier mom until they are ready for that.

I'm Barbar, and I am 56 and belong to a red hat society group. When I found this site I knew it was where I suppose to be. You now can find me here or either at Facebook. LOL.. I am a sub teacher and love my work. I work with elementary up to HS. like the older kids and Hi school kids more than the K-2nd and Jr Hi. Used to not be like that but with so much things that has gone on, my nerves are not made of iron any longer. Alot of talking and bending with the younger ones. and with the Jr H well agan my nerves don't do it well.
Last Sept I went off to college for the 1st time and I experience what it was for you college kids. I do not see how you manage a house, a family and school all roll up in one. I salute you for doing so.

DeBora has listed quite a few sites for you to take a look at. When u get to have 75 I would like to invite you to take part in some of the clubs we have around here. SUch s the SS club where we get to know one another better by sending ecards, and 1 gift per month to the girl we have.
During christmas we have a christmas card club, which is closed for this yr, and we did have a birthday club, not sure if we still have that or not.

any questions you have feel free to ask.
Once again Welcome aboard
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2010, 07:25 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I appreciate the warm welcomes. Thank you It's very lovely to meet you all and I cannot wait to talk to you guys on the forums. It's a pleasure meeting you, I hope your days are bright and fruitful.