Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Member Questions & Introductions > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Are you new to Family Corner? CLICK HERE to introduce yourself!

Welcome to all members who are new to Family Corner!

Tell us a little about yourself and your interests, and we'll try to point you in the direction of some areas on our site that you'd like to visit.

If you have questions, that's what the moderators and assistants are here for Feel free to ask about how to navigate and use our site--and check our FAQ for more information as well.

Thanks for visiting Family Corner!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

good afternoon,my name is Joan.I,ve been retired now for about 10yrs.I,m married to a great guy,have 3 children&4grandchildren. we love to go camping,snowmobiling,4wheeling. our grandsons are into vintage snowmobiling racing so that takes up a lot of our week-ends in the winter months. we can,t miss one race. i love to knit,crochet and i,m trying to learn how to do one stroke painting. we live in upstate NY.it will be nice talking to everyone. thanks joan
Old 08-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi gramm and welcome to Family Corner
We’re glad you’ve joined us at the friendliest forums on the internet! If you need help figuring out anything about our site, feel free to ask any moderator or assistant—that’s why we’re here.
You might enjoy our Hobbies & Gardening area where we have plenty of crafters sharing ideas. We also have a Just for Grandparents section that may interest you!

Have fun exploring our site, and I hope to see you back again soon!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Gramm, I want to officially welcome you to Family Corner. What are the sexes of your children and grandchildren? Isn't grandparenting fun!

Here are a few forums and threads that you might be interested in:

Just for Grandparents

Ask our Experts

Friendship Flower Thread
is a great place to chat and meet new friends

Crochet and Needlework

One-stoke painting

Local and Regional Forums

What's for Dinner, for inspiration and sharing your meal plans

Photo Gallery
to share your photos and view those of others.

If you have any questions, please ask any moderator or assistant moderator as that is what we are here for. Jump in and make yourself at home. You won't find a friendlier group anywhere.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 08-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Introduction

Hi. I'm Jane. I'm new and found familycorner.com about a month ago while doing a search online for something. Anyway, I love this website! There are some great articles, tips, ideas and advice. I love poking around on here when I have free time.

I am a homeschooling mom and have been a freelance web developer for the last twelve years. In addition to my regular clients, I also manage a website that I started back in May with a group of women that I met on a decorating message board several years ago. The website is geared toward fine living on a budget. I won't post the link to it, as I am not sure if that is permissible here.

My interests include homeschooling, cooking, decorating, gardening, crafts, refinishing furniture, sewing, health, fitness, and computers.

Jane

Last edited by lifeandstyleforless; 08-01-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Mystery Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome to all members who are new to Family Corner!
I'm the mystery person who is floating around, It a game, trying to guess who I am.
come on over and play it, it's lots of fun.

To return to the Guess Who Game or learn how to play this fun game click here!

Who is our Mystery Guest this week? Take a guess!
click here to submit your guess!
Please remember to submit only one guess per day. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

New & a questions lol

there all... I believe that this site is going to be fun through my crafting days ahead (and past). right now though looking for a pattern that involves the plastic rings that come off the pop cans, beer cans, etc it is a pattern that makes flowers that look some what like lilacs. I have not seen them in years, my mom's friend used to make them and she is no longer with us, and the one's I had have all been disposed of. If any one out there could help me with that it would be so wonderful !!!!! Just send it to me by email and that would be great [removed by moderator to protect member from spam harvesters] I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer, and its time to start all those Christmas ideas hahahahaha. Thank you once again!!!!

Last edited by Amanda; 08-02-2008 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:12 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Jane and Mousey, I want to officially welcome you to Family Corner. How old are the children that you homeschool? I homeschooled mine until they were in high school.

Jane, you are right about not posting the link. Smart move.

Mousey, it isn't a good idea to post your email address. It will probably be removed for your safety.
We have a PM feature that you could use to ask others to PM you if they have a pattern. You could post the question on the craft boards and somebody there would know about the rings pattern. Do you have any children or pets?

Here are some forums and threads that you two might enjoy:

Ask our Experts

Friendship Flower Thread
is a great place to chat and meet new friends

Crochet and Needlework

One-stoke painting

Local and Regional Forums

What's for Dinner, for inspiration and sharing your meal plans

Photo Gallery
to share your photos and view those of others.

Homeschooling

Hobbies and Gardening

If you have any questions, please ask any moderator or assistant moderator as that is what we are here for. Jump in and make yourself at home. You won't find a friendlier group anywhere

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!

Last edited by DeBora4BobbyL; 08-02-2008 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:15 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeandstyleforless
I am a homeschooling mom and have been a freelance web developer for the last twelve years. In addition to my regular clients, I also manage a website that I started back in May with a group of women that I met on a decorating message board several years ago. The website is geared toward fine living on a budget. I won't post the link to it, as I am not sure if that is permissible here.
Jane
HI Jane

I'd like to take a look at your site, please go ahead and post the link here. Then you can edit your signature and carry the link in there so that it is visible on all of your posts.

Everyone, Jane was a winner in last month's Craft Contest on FamilyCorner.com You can see her lovely Shore Wreath entry here!
http://www.familycorner.com/homegard...l-wreath.shtml

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 08-02-2008, 04:21 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Mousey, I did a search and the only thing I could find were some other people looking for bluebonnet flowers made the same way, but no one had answered them. I hope the craft isn't lost forever with our older generation!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda