Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Jacqueline, I want to officially welcome you to Family Corner. You just did introduce yourself. However, we'd love to know more about you such as whether or not you are married, do you have children, what are your hobbies, and so on. Feel free to share anything that you feel comfortable sharing. I will also be happy to lead you to areas on Family Corner that interest you.

Here are a few forums that you might enjoy.

Computers and printers

Frugal Living

Ask our Experts

Friendship Flower Thread
is a great place to chat and meet new friends

Crochet and Needlework

Hobbies and Gardening

Local and Regional Forums

What's for Dinner, for inspiration and sharing your meal plans

Photo Gallery
to share your photos and view those of others.

If you have any questions, please ask any moderator or assistant moderator. We'd be more than happy to answer any questions that you have. Grab yourself something to drink and jump in and make yourself at home. You won't find a friendlier group anywhere. I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have been married for 36 years. Have 6 kids and at last count had 22 grandchildren. Currently one is sitting at the table trying to eat macaroni and cheese with chopsticks. I also have two bratty, spoiled dogs I love doing all sorts of hand work.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Assistant Moderator

Welcome to all the new FC members. This is such a great site and I am sure you will feel at home in no time!!

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 08-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Jacqueline, that's quite a bit of kids and grandkids! I have 2 grandkids and 2 spoiled brat dogs! lol I have discovered that I can spoil the GKs, to a degree and I can spoil my dogs all I want with no limits! lol

You may also be interested in the Just for Grandparents forum.

We have a Gallery for dogs in our Photo Gallery.

I look forward to getting to know you. I hope to "see" you around FC.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I also want to extend my welcome to you Jacqueline to FC. Lots to do here lots of great people. We have lots of laughs here. I am PattiG 71 yrs young till Oct widowed 13 yrs then too. Mom to 5 Granny to 6, G-Gr to 3. Hope to see you around on some of the threads.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks for the welcome. If anybody has any advice on how to make a yappy dog be quiet I would appreciate it. Tried some bark collars but they would not stay in place.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Jacqueline, what breed of dog do you have. I have chihuahuas. My 10 year old, and the 13 year old that I lost in October 2006 didn't bark except when someone they didn't know was at the door. I have a dog that will soon be 2 that I am still working on stopping him from being too yappy. He is much better than before.

My personal way of dealing with the yapping is a) give no love and attention when they are behaving badly. b) I poke them them my hand and give an annoying sound when he barks inappropriately. If you ever watch the Dog Whisperer, he also tells owners to give dogs plenty of exercise to reduce bad behavior.

We also have a tread on dog barking issues if you want to check that out. Good luck!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

my dogs are a three year old pom and a 10 month old "b"rat terrier. Zedd the "b"rat usually only barks when Phox does; and Phox likes to bark. I have tried making an obnoxious noise and I guess I need to do it more consistantly. I try to get my hints from "its either me or the dog." Zedd's most worst habit is wanting to jump up on everybody. He has enough strength to knock down grandkids.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Hello Everyone!!

My name is Kimberley I am 31 and live in California. I work at a pre-school and love kids. I am married to a really great guy named Craig and have two sons one who will be 13 next month (augh!!!!) the other will be 11. (they grow up so fast!) We love to go camping our favorite place to go is the beach riding our quads in the dunes. Nice meeting everyone!!!! This seems like a really great site
Old 08-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I understand that terriors are high energy dogs. Find the NGEO channel and get ideas from the Dog Whisperer. He is awesome! You will probably need a lot of exercise to be in control. I hope the thread I gave you helps. I give my dogs plenty of play room and exercise and that helps. Chihuahuas have less energy than therriers. Good luck with the "bratty dogs." lol I spoil mine unless they are too terrible to deal with. lol