Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Introduce Yourself New to our community? Stop in and introduce yourself!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:57 AM

Hi Annielisa. and welcome to Family Corner. I live in Wisconsin. DH and I are both retired. We have been married 12 years. Divorced from 1st hubby and 2nd dh passed away after only 7 yrs together.
We have 2 cats. I had 2 children. Both have passed away. DD in Sept. 2002 at the age of 40. DS in June 2012 at the age of 49. I have 1 grandson and 2 great-grandsons. Identical twin boys. They will be 1 yr old in Sept.
We have a small veggie garden and a number of flower beds. Also a garden pond area with ferns,shrubs and flowers. A bench and statues of rabbits and so on are next to it.
There are many things to do here. Check through the forums and join in anything you would like.
Lots of good recipes if you like to cook and bake.
If you would be interested in testing recipes and giving out blue ribbons, please let me know after you have 45 posts.
I also enjoy reading, computer games and various needlework.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Hello and welcome Annielisa somehow I missed your first email. I am Patti 75 till Oct 17th. Widow 17 yrs nearly, Mom to 5 and Granny to 6 and G-Gran to 3.Love animals and feed the wild birds and squirrels. Have a blue parakeet Had her since Feb of last year. Also have an adorable Pug , Panda is 7 yrs old and fawn colored.
I had a dear friend from Germany with your name. Always liked it, Patti in VA
Old 08-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Assistant Moderator

Flying by to say:

and Bobbi and Annielisa to a great website of some the most friendly folks you will encouter on the internet.

I think it so to have new members joining us. Giving you some for being new members. You will love it here, I'm sure of. We all love it and some of us just can't break ourselves from this great website, due to the friendship that we have.

We have a club that is called the Secret sisters. Each month we get a new sister. We send ecards and then send 1 snail mail out. We would love to have some new members. It does take 75 posts to belong. It doesn't take long to get to that number.

We also have card swaps. I think we will be having one for Fall, and then our big one for Christmas. Again you do need to have 75 posts.

we have a friendship flower thread, that we chat about anything.. or just drop in to say hi. If you can't find that link hollow and I will post it for you.
sorry I do not have it with me now.

I'm Barbar and been a member since 04. I'm the one of the ones in charge of some of the swaps as well as the Head sister of the Secret sister club.

I used to live on 8 acreage then we sold 4 acres, then in 09 before my husband's death we lost the place. I loved it there. I loved my 2 horses and dog. We even had a pot belly pig for a spell until he passed. Just like another baby in the family. We also had cows for a few yrs, as well as a goat.

I'm a red hat member of the red hat society club in case you have heard of them. Have some disabilities so I stay home these days since I couldn't work. I'm 58 yrs old, a christian, grandmother, and I'm crazy, ROFL, , but love it that way and so does my gkids. Whenever I tell my gd's I will change they shout at me the words " NO--- NO-- No" they love me being silly and crazy.. that went under for a spell but I'm getting back acting that way again.

any questions you ask, just ask, someone is here most of the time, and we do not mind helping out.

have you learned to posts pix's, the cute icons, and things? Not hard to do.

see ya.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Bar-Bar you are not the only "silly" one on here. Hoping to see the newer members on some of the threads.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Bobbi, I want to officially welcome you to Family Corner. I am jealous that you live so close to fresh produce. I too have grandchildren. They live with me so I am raising them. How far from civilization do you live.

Annielisa, I want to officially welcome you as well. What hobbies do you have? I'd love to know more about you.

Here are some forums that you might enjoy:

Ornament Exchange

Greeting cards

Once a month cooking

Friendship Flower Thread

Coupon Exchange

What's for Dinner

Gardening

Pets and Animals

Frugal Living

Just for grandparents

Local and regional forums

3D Cards
Old 08-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

DeBora please send me the What Book are you Reading link. I don't think I am getting some of the notifications. thanks to this post of yours I got back on WFD thread
Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Patti, I found it, I think. I hope this is what you are looking for in the What Book Are You Reading.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Head Moderator

Good to see you here DeBora! Missed you! Hello to everyone else too!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Thanks DeBora much appreciated
Old 08-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Patti, it took me a few, but I found it. I knew it was there because I had seen it before.