Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

International Canada, England, and other countries

Old 06-30-2002, 05:49 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

Hi, and Welcome Beth.
Hope both you and Sue have a Happy July 1.
small world, I used to live in Sooke, sort of south of you on the Island.
Un-frumping, now that's something I should definately look into.
What are you presently doing to un-frump?
You must be excited to have your daughter comming home, Beth.
I'll bet she will have so many different experiences to share with you.
We never realize how lucky
we are till we go away, and see how others live, then it seems we are overly blessed.
Pat
Old 06-30-2002, 06:35 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

Hello Pat! Wow, I didnít expect to hear from anyone so soon! I still sitting here waiting for my girly!! Wonít be long now I expect. Iíve spent the day tidying her room and doing up her bed. Iíve been fighting a bad headache though, so Iíve succumbed to a few short naps too!
You should really check out that un-frumping thread. I believe itís called Starting Fresh. Try this link:
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...5&goto=newpost I started reading it from the beginning and got such a hoot out of some of the contributions I just had to join in. Some of the members are soooooooo funny!!!!! Anyway, I definitely need all the support I can get to be motivated to take care of myself.

What kind of facility do you work in in Rolla? Iíve never traveled beyond Prince George although I do know several people who have lived in Dawson Creek.

Well, Iím gonna go stick my nose to the window nowÖÖÖ. Talk to ya soon!

Beth
;-) ;-)
Old 07-03-2002, 07:18 AM
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi

Hi there blarney and Grandma Annie
I am sorry i didnt reply sooner to your posts Grandma Annie but i had some family things i had to deal with before we went away on a mini vacation in Osoyoos for a few days playing sun goddess LOL Anyway you asked if the craft fairs i do are just in winter or year round... they are year round but i only do a few of them i the winter as so many people only will buy around Christmas so it makes no sense to rent a table and pull in no money on the other craft fairs ( made that mistake the first few times we did the craft fairs), and i do a few in the summer. There was a big craft fair this past weekend which i chose not to enter as it was our only vacation time we have this summer as DH works at the golf course. I opted for sun, beachand family over crafts Now i am sunburnt LOL

blarney : you grew up in Coquitlam ... i lived in Port Coquitlam for a number of years before moving up to near Harrison Hot Springs and you are right i am on the Starting Fresh thread lol i am de-frumping also It is nice to know that there are so many other people out there that are de-frumping also lol

Well, i am going to have to go and see what else has been happening on the boards since i was away lol everyone is so chatty these days

Have a great day and welcome to the board blarney

Talk to you soon

Sue
Old 07-10-2002, 10:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

Hi. I live in Sidney, BC and noticed that you mentioned that you were moving to Creston. That sounds pretty interesting. In 1989 my mother passed away and I went through a serious depression. My husband, daughter and I decided we were going for a two week vacation and had in mind to relocate of the Island. We drove through the Kootenays and ended up driving through Wynndel which is a small community on the outskirts of Creston. Well at the time of the year that we went the Canola fields were just in bloom and what a beautiful site to behold. We made a decision then and there to move to Creston and raise our child there. We spent 5 years in the Creston Valley. Three of those years we lived on a beautiful 3.5 acre hobby farm in West Creston on Corn Creek Road, and the other two years we lived in a wonderful older style home on Hilton Road that bordered a Llama farm. My husband received his apprenticeship there but when it was finished he found himself without a job and could not find any employment in the Creston Valley. The economy is very depressed, that is what we found after having struggled and lived there for those years. If you need to work then this small community is probably not the best choice. If you are retired, then it is wonderful. Anyway, good luck and hope life treats you well in the Creston Valley.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:12 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

Hi, and welcome to the thread.
When we move to Creston I will be retired. The only thing holding us here is the selling of our old house. We thought it was sold, but that didn't materialize as expected. One of our neighbours just sold his home and he was listed for 3 years. So we just wait and hope.
We know that the economy is slow there, but when your retired it doesn't matter so much ( only if you want to sell, then your in a position like were in here.)
I an so looking forward to a longer summer, more gardening, and all that goes with it. In Sooke we had such a long growing season, I really enjoyed my time there, also loved Victoria, but moved from there when my job was going to disapear. Moved North for a job, and have worked at it for just over 20 years now.
So am ready to retire, downsize, kick back and enjoy. LOL
Thanks for letting me know how it is to live in the area for a period of time. We have spent several holidays at various times of the year there to try and make sure we'd be happy there, and we've loved it and healthwise felt well there.

Pat
Old 07-11-2002, 08:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

You have every right to look forward to retirement. Gosh, you have earned it big time. Creston is the perfect place to retire. It offers a very peaceful and laid-back place to relax. We really loved it there and would have stayed had it not been for the slow employment economy. Vancouver Island is where I was born and raised...but hubby and I have lived in several places. Northern Ontario and the Kootenays...we were considering a move to the east coast but I could not handle the extremes in heat and cold. Creston does get pretty cold and snowy during the winter, but if you are used to winter conditions...no problem. We loved living so close to the US border and almost weekly made our way down to Bonner's Ferry, Idaho or Sandpoint. Occasionaly down to Spokane for the big warehouse shopping. Loved it. Anyway, best of luck and may God bless you and your family on this adventure. I hope your home sells soon so you can get on with your dreams.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:24 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Hi, How are You doing?

How is everyone doing? Did you have a good weekend?
I was busy in the garden, weeding, picking strawberries, weeding, did I mention weeding???

Our strawberries are just comming into their own. I baged 4 bags, and we had pancakes and strwberries out of the garden for brunch. Just put a bunch in the blender, with a little icing sugar. Then added a few whole berries to the sauce and poured it over the pancakes. Oh, so tasty.

Also had a feed of spinach, and tossed green salad all out of the garden this weekend. Our gardens here are so much later than those down south. But oh, it sure is good to get fresh, fresh produce.

Hope that everyone is having a good summer and enjoying the lovely weather.

Pat
Old 04-11-2006, 04:48 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi ladies
Jumping in here...just joined and was thrilled to see others from BC.
We live in Trail which is in the Kootenay's and just a hop, skip and a jump from Creston...lol
Beautiful area as has already been mentioned, and the outdoor activities are endless.

Anyway just wanted to jump in and say hello
Old 12-04-2006, 07:23 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi. I'm too from beautiful B.C. Retired to Deka Lake a couple years. Just enjoying the snow and -5. Hopefully get some snowmobiling in shortly.