Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Inner Beauty Self esteem, spirituality, mental health...

Old 01-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

peace of mind

What things, people or activities give you peace of mind and restore you?

hugs, train
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2007, 03:21 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

going for a walk in the woods just to sit and think.
Also reading a book and getting lost in it when I'm done I can handle most anything.
love,
Rosey
Old 01-23-2007, 03:27 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
Sometimes focussing on a verse from Scripture or on God is great. Just sitting watching the trees, or birds, or waves, or nothing-in-particular refreshes me sometimes. Other times I like to read, or do a crossword puzzle or sudoko, or just lie om my bed and daydream.

No-one in particular restores me, aside from Jesus, but dh or one of my dsisters is sometimes the tonic I need. In short - different things for different times.

(Chocolate is always a help!!!)

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"
Old 01-28-2007, 05:14 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

For peace of mind I do a variety of different things ... I take a Qi Gong class two times a week and a gentle yoga class once a week which both help to focus on deep breathing .many of us surface breath we need to fill our lungs with oxygen. Both classes give you permission to forget about everything you have left behind those doors to the gym for an hour and when you leave to go back out into the crazy world you do feel a lot better. You need also to find something you enjoy, to get in touch with your inner self so to speak .many people don't know what makes them feel at peace. Listening to beautiful music, relaxing music makes feel at peace.. Also since I love anything to do with the water I got a dvd that has all kinds of beautiful scenery of Maui and wonderful music .going to the beach and watching the water and the boats is peaceful. Most things that are slow paced and take you away from the stresses of the day can make you feel at peace. meditation , going for a walk in the woods ,being in nature and breathing the fresh air are a really good source of stress relief and making you feel at peace.Watching fish in an aquarium is peaceful as well. so for me depending on the day and where I am I have a lot of different sources that make me feel at peace.I try to surround myself in my home with things that make me feel at peace lots of plants, birds that are singing in the house, I have fountains the sound of the water brings me peace, the fish gently swimming around I have three tanks . A candle burning ..my son got me one of those heaters you put the candle on they are great ..it melts the wax from underneath so you don't have to worry about the flame and cats getting into trouble .
Old 10-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

With depression my peace of mind comes and goes. When I am not depressed, I find peace in sitting in the chapel at church, just sitting in the slience with God. Or, I go across the street and lay on the grass in the park just looking up at the sky.

I think I would have much more peace of mind if I were more able to live in the moment.

hugs, train
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have several peace of mind supporters, and no more so than on the days that seem the darkest of despair (depressive days/ nights). My peace's of mind are: nature changing outside my window (or community); our cats; our youngest niece's & nephew's; receiving an unexpected mailed item (electronic /postal); a call; a bible verse, a prayer request for someone worse off than I am.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 10-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: We live in Northwest Mississippe, very close to Memphis TN.
For Peace I go to Monday night Bible study. We are studying the Gospel of John. I am learning so much. I also get peace when my house is orgnaized. I have wanted to get my garage organized since last May. It got hot to soon and I could not get the family to help me and I could not do it alone. We started painting the garage walls, then put my three double door pantry shelve along the back wall, along with the freezer and refrigerator and two book cases.Today my dayghter put up 4 3 foot shelves for all my canisters of staples. Then she put up 2 8 foot shelves. We have to get another shelf and the brackets for it.
I ma going through boxes bag and bins that have been holding odds and ends. I am getting everything orgazized so we can go to the right container and find what we are looking for. Now I just go to be able to get everyone to put their stuff back where it belongs. Hubby takes off his shoes and leaves them laying around, same with the dog leashes. DD like to leave her soda cans laying around. Guess I am going to have to get a bull whip to keep control.

Having children is like being pecked to death
by a duck!
Old 12-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

reading a book, walking, sewing, quilting, talking w Jesus, cooking, baking, and word search puzzles...
Old 04-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Peace of mind

Like alot of you said, first and foremost I pray or quote scripture, but if I am going thru my day (in outside sles) and am frustrated or overwhelmed i stop in to a Hobby Lobby or Michaels Craft store and just walk thru and window shop. I look at ideas and it kind of calms me down!

Last edited by NEAVON12; 04-24-2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: signature line had link that is no longer active
Old 04-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
My dogs help me a lot, I know that they love me and they care how I feel. I also call my Pastor and his wife or my cousin in Maine