Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Ages & Stages > Infants

Infants Every little coo, every little finger and toe. Who can resist babies. What are your thoughts and concerns?

Old 06-13-2003, 06:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
What name brand products COULDNT you live without for your baby?

I love NUK brand nipples and pacifiers. I have used them now with both kids and they both took to them right off the bat at the hospital.

I also like Luvs diapers. They seem to be made longer and both of my kids need the extra length. I like the cheaper price too.

I like Walmart brand baby wipes. Call me kooky, I know, but I like the thinner wipes instead of the thick ones like Huggies.

I like Carnation brand formula too. With my daughter, I have been using WalMart's variation of Carnation/Similac/Enfamil and it seems to be working just fine---I save at least $3.00 a can on it. Her doc. just told me that it doesnt hurt to switch baby formula once a week on infants as long as they are healthy. He said this way you can use up all of the samples that you receive.

Thats all of the products that I can think of now......

How about you???

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-18-2003, 10:10 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I Can't Live Without My...

I have been using the new RaizaCreme for almost 3 months now and I can't imagine living without it. It has been great for so many things other than being just a great skin creme.

I use it to make my pores smaller and to brighten the darkend circles under my eyes when I dont get enough sleep. Wow, so many things that I can use with this creme, not to mention using it as a body lotion, a moisterizer and hair conditioner.

I also like to use it to fade stretchmarks on my thighs and to help with the cellulite too. It takes a while, but soon I can see where it has began to smooth my skin.

Last of all, I find that it works quite wonderfully on my baby's bottom if I suspect diaper rash. The creme clears their little bottoms right up as if by magic!

"Tiff"
Old 06-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Friend of the Family
FamilyCorner Admirer

a pacifier clip. One end attaches to the baby's shirt and the other to the paci and keeps you from losing the paci or having it hit the floor when the baby drops it. I have a special Pooh one that actually has a metal clip - all the ones out now have plastic clips. Neither of my children could pull it off of their shirts while the plastic clip ones come off with a little tug. Now that my children don't need it anymore, I'm saving it for my friend/neighbor who is trying to get pregnant. It could only go to someone really special! :p

Wife to Bob 6/26/93
Mom to Jonathan & Adam(1996/1999)

My FC Member Awards!

Honorary Members

Old 06-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Huggies Ultratrim Diapers and Natural Care Wipes....have used them on both my kids and they just fit them better than other brands I have tried.

Playtex Sippy Cups.

I agree about the binky clip!!!! We have 2 of the metal clip ones and am going to hang on to them just in case we have another baby! I'm not sure if you can still buy the metal clip ones or not....I think they are all plastic anymore.

Boudreaux's Butt Paste - This is a diaper rash ointment and works very good! I live in Iowa and it is not available here, but relatives have bought it for us in Louisiana and sent it to us. You can also order it from their website I belive or the ph. # on the jar is 1-800-368-RASH. Luckily our second son hasn't had many problems with rashes, but our first did and this stuff was a miracle!

Infant Car Seat Cover! These are so much handier than draping a blanket across it!
Old 06-18-2003, 11:45 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

i love balmex- stops diaper rash in its tracks! publix diapers are good too- much cheaper than name brands and much better for overnites. huggies wipes are great too- i like "em thick.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:34 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Tami,
I like the thinner wipes myself! I usually buy the Target brand. Diapers I get are now from CVS or Walmart, have never had a problem with them! When Evan was an infant I dont think I could of survived without his swing it allowed me to get a bit of sleep now and again. He was breastfed and I dont know if that makes a difference but woke up every 2 or 3 hours for the first year and was awake even after feedings the swing worked miracles! Tami, by the way had to let you know again thanks for the stuff you sent me from free trade love the shorts and he likes to play with the tonka him and his dad have a great time.
Leighann
Old 06-18-2003, 06:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Leighann, Ive been meaning to ask you if the Tonka Rig worked ok. Im so glad to hear that he is getting some use out of it!!

I have to agree with you about the swing although I got a lot more use out of a swing with my son than it seems Im going to with my daughter. She is a cuddle baby and doesnt like to spend much time in the swing yet. I also would trade a pack n play playpen for anything!! For both of them, Ive had ones that have the bassinet in them. Since my DH works nights and sleeps days and her crib is in our room, the playpen doubles as her bed during the day. Love it!!

Im going to try WalMarts diapers and see if they will work. Are they cheaper than Luvs??

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-19-2003, 04:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Desitin, Nuk, Playtex sippies, thought I like the new Advent too and Pampers diapers and wipes. My kids leaked out of Huggies and breakout in Luvs. Needless to say I hoard Pampers coupons! I noticed too, that I had to move up to the next size with Huggies diapers sooner than pampers. I use the Toys 'R Us brand wipes for infants, but what I do it wash and dry them and then use them. No chemicals, but no washcloths to wash either before their skin is less sensitive and the cord falls off. It's a cheap solution and the other more expensive brands fall apart in the wash! (A long story about how I found this out.) As for pull-ups, I use either the Huggies brand or the Pampers brand. Whatever coupon yields the greater savings combined with the store sale too.

Just my two cents!

Jen

Old 06-19-2003, 05:35 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Tami,
Yes I think they are cheaper I just paid 12.74 for a pack of 68 22-37 pounds their called White Cloud diapers! Last night ds actually went potty in the toilet if was after his bath and him and his daddy were in his room and he ran from there to the bathroom lifted the lid and did his thing. I was thinking of potty training in the fall this was probaly a fluke but maybe I will get lucky and he will be easy. (he turned 2 on 4-25)
Leighann
Old 06-19-2003, 05:39 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

wipes

jen- you buy the toys r us brand and wash them first? and they really don't fall apart? do you soak them in a tub of water til you use them or just water them down when it's time? i'm really interested. i know what you mean about having to wash washcloths and namebrands are so expensive!