Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Ages & Stages > Infants

Infants Every little coo, every little finger and toe. Who can resist babies. What are your thoughts and concerns?

Old 09-22-2002, 04:35 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

shocking Pg over 40

Help, I just found out that I'm pg at 43. I'll be 44 when the baby is born. This will be my sixth. I feel like I'll be the oldest Mom on earth, except for my dear friend who had her 11th baby at 47!
And get this, they are all wonderful kids. And she homeschools!
But next to her, I don't know of anyone my age who is still having kids. My parents wanted to shoot me last time time. So we are keeping this a secret But my husband laughts that some secrets can only be kept for so long.;-) I got rid of all my maternity clothing, but praise the Lord, our church pg crisis center offered my free used clothing. Now God didn't ask me about whether I wanted another. So I can use every commit about how He doesn't make mistakes too! So are there any other pg Moms over 40?

Sue
About to be Mom of 6
Old 09-23-2002, 12:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Bless your heart. I hope your pregnancy goes well and that this one will be a great joy to you and your family.

I delivered four days prior to my 40th birthday. I did not want to be 40 and pregnant and God was good. (Like you though, I didn't ask to be pregnant in the first place). Our little one is now four (so that makes me 44). I know what you mean about no one our age having children. I still feel out of the loop in that area. Kind of lonely as our others are 17, 18 and 21.

My parents were thrilled when we got pregnant. I thought they would kill me. I think if it were to happen again, they might. Your husband is right--this is a secret you can only keep for so long .

Take care and best wishes.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

My Grandma was 48 when she had her last baby! I have had a friend have her first baby when she was 40. So anymore it is fashionable to have babies later in life...you are in STYLE girl!

janet
Old 09-30-2002, 07:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Congratulations! God is lending you one of his own. He thinks you are very special.

I was 44 when my last one was born....I however, did not give birth to her. I was 45 when we got custody of her and 49 when the adoption went through. I was worried that the judge would not approve the adoption becasue of my age. Any way, you were meant to have this child - never apologize!! In a day when so many are choosing alternative choices. God bless you!
Old 09-30-2002, 10:45 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Way to go. I am 45 and have a 2 year old son. There was 13 yrs diff between him & my daughter from prev. marriage. He is such a joy although he is extremely strong-willed. As I was told by many--this one will keep you young. Enjoy!!
Old 09-30-2002, 05:00 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

You are truy blessed, I wanted to wish you good luck!! I'm the oldest 54 now of 4 children, and my mom had lost 3 so that would have been a total of 7 of us from Pa. haha. My mom was in her 40's when she had my youngest brother, and I do have to admit that I did my share of helping to raise him in his younger years. Everything went fine, and my mom had a lot of help most of the time. Now I'm a grandma of 3 beautiful grandson's. Donna
Old 09-30-2002, 06:34 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I had my daughter when my son was 14 and I was just shy of 45. My only regret is that I couldn't have had them both years earlier when I had more energy and patience. Having a five year old (having just turned 50!) is fun and frustrating and every bit as wonderful as it was having my first almost a generation before! I hope I make it to one hundred and live to see my daughters grandkids!
Old 10-01-2002, 02:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

God Bless!!!

My son who is now 7 should have been named "Cruise" which my hubby and I should be on about now!!!!!! I have a almost 28 and 26 yr old also!!!!! talk about age difference!!! BUT WE SURE DO LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!! God knows what he is doing I dont know if I know why he sent us him BUT HE IS WELL WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!
everyone loves him too!! first grandchild on my husbands side!!!and my hubby is an only child!!!
Love and Good luck,your friend in NJ
Old 10-03-2002, 04:37 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello,

I am pregnant now also. I am 39 and will be 40 when the baby is born. I am really nervous because of all the things you hear about things that can go wrong when your over 35. I have two other Children from a previous marriage. My son will be 18 in December and my daughter will be 14 in January. I also thought i was done and saved nothing. Everyone is so excited about the baby that i'm sure it will be a blessing. I just pray everything goes okay.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I was worried too, since a blood test showed an increase in protein, and had an amnio (which is not all that bad.....The worst part was having to lie on my back with a full bladder while they did the ultra-sound) My daughter was born two weeks early (scheduled C-section.....early on the doc questioned conception date 'cause her head was so well developed!) and maybe it was the morphine drip or having gone through another one fourteen years earlier after a a day of pitocin drip, and back labor with fifty pound contractions every two minutes, but the second time was an easier recovery.....I ramble, but each pregnancy holds the same odds....everything will be okay or it won't, and I have seen plenty of YOUNG women with kids having complications associated more often in "mature moms"! I call myself Menopausemom because I am old enough to be my own daughters grandmother! I think I worried more with the second pregnancy simply because my potential life-span was shorter and that hormone thing that makes you think of every rescue scenario known to mankind kicked in again with a vengeance. We are so much stronger than we believe ourselves to be.....Take care of yourself. speak up about your needs so that your family knows how to help. Let us know how you are doing. There are lots of us out here who are happy to listen.