Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Ages & Stages > Infants

Infants Every little coo, every little finger and toe. Who can resist babies. What are your thoughts and concerns?

Old 09-18-2002, 03:01 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question Infant carrier covers?

i am not sure if i can explain this right but i am looking for a "decorative" cover for my infant seat (the kind thats a carrier/carset). I have seen people with hawaiin print types and pink chenile too. I want to make the blue carrier i had for my son look new and "girly" for my baby girl due in december. i can't find any sites online at all any help would be great!

THANK YOU
Old 09-21-2002, 11:54 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am a certified carset technician and I can tell you that we do not recommend changing the covering of a seat unless it is from the manufacturer. They have to use specially approved flame retardant. I understand your desire (I had a boy first and now my DD is 1 year), but safety must come first

Also, while I am on the subject, if you get a chance, have your seat checked to make sure everything is safe and in the car properly (it is harder than it looks ;-) )

I hope that helps you, and I will jump back off my soap box, now

Lisabell1
Old 09-22-2002, 03:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello henryjsmom

I beleave I know what your looking for. Your not actually looking to change the origional seat cover, but to find one of the covers to fit over the car carrier?! Easier explination - Like one of those Suran Quick Covers/Shower Cap! Am I right to assume this? Well if so, I had gotten one at Sears. You can also get them at JCPenney's, Target and TJMaxx.

If this isn't what your looking for, then please ignore this post. It's still early and I have 2 little one's. One is 3 and sick right now. The joys of cleaning up after a sick child.

Anyway, good luck in your search. If you know someone who sews, it might be a good idea to ask if they could make one. It wouldn't be that difficult. Maybe cheeper too!
Old 09-22-2002, 08:54 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I actually found one this weekend, its a pink hwaiin print. it is kind of like a "quick cover" it replaces the canopy part also. someone had them at "babies r us" she had made them. thanks for the help!
Old 01-23-2016, 07:10 AM
Head Moderator
FamilyCorner Addict

I went looking to make an infant winter car seat cover before my grandson was born and used these directions. Came out quite well. Here are the directions:

Mommy's Making a Mess: Car Seat Cover!

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life