Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 12-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I did make a pumpkin butter yesterday. My dd made a pumpkin dessert & used 1/2 can of pumpkin so I made 1/2 of the receipe to use it up.

Pumpkin Butter(full receipe)

1-15oz can of pumpkin
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp gr ginger
1/4 tsp gr cloves
1 c sugar or brown sugar( I used regular)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice

Mix all ingredients in a medium pan & cook until heated but not boiling.Cook slowly for 15 mins. to dissolve sugar.Stir often. Cool & put into container(s). This can be frozen or kept in the fridge for a week.

Yummy on toast.

Gloria

We all need to help save our planet before it's too late

Old 12-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Gloria im going to try this on my hubby this weekend thanks for posting it do you give it as gift and if so how do you package it

Old 12-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Karen this is the first time I have made it but I have wanted to try it for some time. I made this for us since we love pumpkin cream cheese & apple butter. This was easy & quick. I just put it in a small tupperware container. I don't think there will be any that will need to be frozen,lol. If I was going to give it as a gift, I would put it in a nice jar with a cute label & tell them it needs to be eaten up in a week or to freeze it( no preservatives).

Gloria

We all need to help save our planet before it's too late

Old 10-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Assistant Moderator

The time is once again approaching .....

Old 11-01-2009, 04:20 AM
Nine Year Member

So Cathy do tell are you getting a new neice or nephew for Christmas this year? LOL just wondered if last years gift or an ovulation kit worked or not.

I've been picking up things when I find them on a great deal for the kids to give all the aunts & uncles.

Roberta
Old 11-01-2009, 09:02 AM

Good afternoon al!

I have 25 co-workers so this is what I did this year.

Frrst, I made a plan - for the guys (6 of them) a T-shirt from either Michaels or AC Moore when they have them on sale of $2 each. Add a pair of sox (buy them in 6 packs at WM and divide), and a piece of candy.

For the women - I went to Big Lots, and bought a tube of hand cream ($1 from the HBA section, good stuff, name brands), then on to WM. I saw they had reduced the price of their sox with the lotion in them down to $3 pair. Each time I stopped in, I picked up a pair or two depending on my budget. And then they will also get a piece of candy.

The candy is Reses' Peanut Butter cups. I got them for free at the grocery after the coupons were doubled.

I bought an afghan kit on sale to make for my sister. It is exactly the same pattern and color as one for an afghan in wool my mother made, I don't know, maybe 50 years ago. She will cry when she opens it, the memories will come flooding back.

The teens and tweens are getting little gift bags again with a lot of stuff from the dollar store (gloves and hats, lip protectants) and the ever popular big Hersehy Kiss.

Since I am expecting to be diagnosed (the dr. looked at me and said "diabetes for sure"), as diabetic (he will have the test results to tell me for sure in a couple of weeks), if I go to friends' or family's houses for meals, I will take a diabetic desert. I am also on a very low carb diet (South Beach), and will make sure to take a dish that falls within those parameters also. It will be appreciated by those who worry what to serve within your dietary constrictions.

Take care all!!

Norma
Old 11-01-2009, 09:09 AM

Happy face

I get WM gift cards for my grandkids. It's so much easier to send those than to wrap gifts & worry about whether the packages get broken or ruined in the mail. I have 10 grandkids + 1 great grandson & they all get the same amount of gift card. They all understand that Grammy don't have alot of money & with so many to buy for, it costs. They can use the gift card towards something they really want.. no guessing on Grammy's part. LOL.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Crochet, If you discover that you like any particlar kind of diabetic candy or have a simple recipe for some please post it or send me a PM. I have a friend who is diabetic and loves chocolate but doesn't like the sugarless Hershey candy.

Minny, That is a lot of grands to buy for. Some people don't like gift cards but I think they are great and easy to mail.

I don't have a lot of family to buy for but do exchange with some close friends that we have known for a long time. One of the ladies also has her birthday on New Year's, so I pick up small things during the year and then add a gift card to that.

My dh will probably get mostly clothes this year and maybe a few small things. We've had a lot of unexpected car repairs this year and I had my pay cut, so hopefully I can convince him to keep it simple this year too. He always spends too much.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Norma, you are way ahead of the game, girl!

I'm still just thinking about it! LOL