Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 11-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Almost every year I make gifts. Some years I make plastic canvas gifts. Other years I make gifts in a jar. This year it's going to be two different types of bagel spreads that all the person has to do is add cream cheese. The only gifts that I purchase is for my husband, my 5 year old, our 4 year old nephew, and something besides the other gifts for my dad.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

morelia92 I love the idea of a three gift maximum. And what a wonderful way to remind your family of the reason for the season. I may take a cue from you and have a three gift max.

One of the things that I did when my kids were younger was to host a day of crafting for them and their friends. This was much appreciated by the children's families. We made glitter stars, Advent calendars and whatever else I came up with. The kids got to spend a day having a great time with their friends, the freind's parents got a whole day to themselves (many went shopping) and the kids took home something they could give as gifts. I miss it and my girls have said that they miss it too.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I've been thinking of this idea, but I don't have a sewing machine: It is what I call a hot sock. We bought one probably 8 or 10 years ago & I would love to make my own. It was just a tube sock with about 2 cups of deer corn in it & sewn up at the top. You heat it up for one minute (about) in the microwave. It is a great little heating "pad" that is flexible to go where it is most usefull. Also, great for kids (you might want to heat it for less time for them) as they are not supposed to use electric heating pads & blanket. It can hang around your neck or you can hold it to warm your hands, etc. We still have the one & sometimes playfully fight over who gets to use it. They can also be made with rice or beans, but I think if you want to make a lot the deer corn would be a better, less expensive option. I plan to look into the cost of it.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Ej2mom do you have a bagel spread receipe that is for pumpkin cream cheese?? I have gotten it at Great American Bagel & would like to duplicate it. Thanks if you have one.

Gloria

We all need to help save our planet before it's too late

Old 12-06-2008, 05:50 AM

Happy face

One year, my sister & her kids had a before Christmas gift exchange.. the rule was you had to make the gift. My sister took yardsticks from the lumber yard & spring type clothespins. She painted them in different colors, glued the clothespins to the yardsticks & gave them to the guys for a hanger to hold all their baseball caps. The guys loved them. For the ladies, she made sachets for their lingerie drawers.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

When making chili I save my tomato sauce cans with the leftover sauce in them to fill with water when the chili gets too dry to add more sauce so that none of the sauce is thrown away.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Went to Bedford Village tonight and got a few ideas (and refreshers on old)

I plan to make tin punch candle holders. Last year for Christmas I gave my Maggy and her hubby a romance basket. For a gag I threw in a ovulation and pregnancy test from the dollar store.
I am going to bake gifts this year.
I have done gifts in a jar in the past as well.

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

bagel spread recipes

Gloria,

The ones I have this year are "Tropical Fruit Mix" and "Savory Herb Bagel Mix" If you would like those recipes, let me know at [email protected] and I will e-mail them to you. If you do, make sure that you put "bagel spread recipes in the subject line so I know it's not spam.

Thanks,
Margaret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenlady3
Ej2mom do you have a bagel spread receipe that is for pumpkin cream cheese?? I have gotten it at Great American Bagel & would like to duplicate it. Thanks if you have one.

Gloria
Old 12-08-2008, 10:04 AM

Happy face

Ej2mom, please post the recipes for us. Oh by the way, you shouldn't put your email addy in the posts.. you should send a PM to anyone you want to have it. It's for security reasons that we don't do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej2mom
Gloria,

The ones I have this year are "Tropical Fruit Mix" and "Savory Herb Bagel Mix" If you would like those recipes, let me know at [email protected] and I will e-mail them to you. If you do, make sure that you put "bagel spread recipes in the subject line so I know it's not spam.

Thanks,
Margaret
Old 12-08-2008, 10:29 AM

Happy face

Ej2mom.. thank you for sending the recipes to me.. they sound yummy! You should post them in the recipe section.