Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 09-30-2004, 08:34 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

hi There ajkennedy'
everybody had interesting ideas.My
idea is a vase.Something maybe a bit
comtemporary but simple. One gift I
used to give a lot was a lemonade
pitcher and glasses to match. Of
course if they are registered,it makes it easier for you to pick something they need.ida
Old 10-01-2004, 05:48 AM
Friend of the Family
FamilyCorner Admirer

When I got married, I got so many frames and vases that I could NEVER use them all! Here's what I gave a dear friend:

One bottle of champagne to be opened on their honeymoon

One bottle of champagne to be opened on their first anniversary

One bottle of champagne to be opened on their 25th anniversary

I found inexpensive bottle boxes at Target and attached a note to each explaining what they were for. The 3rd bottle should be one that is good enough to last that long - check with the liquor store clerk to find which ones are best - I was told to buy a domestic champagne and make sure that it is stored on its side to maintain the integrity of the cork. My friend loved this!!

Wife to Bob 6/26/93
Mom to Jonathan & Adam(1996/1999)

My FC Member Awards!

Honorary Members

Old 10-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Head Moderator

I've been in that some situation before and I solved it by doing a "homemade" gift. That way you are assured yours won't be a duplicate gift and usually it is a appreciated gift even by the wife that you don't know. So whatever type of craft you do make that. I like to quilt, cross stitch and do various other crafts myself. I've done a simple framed cross stitch of "Welcome", and one with their names and wedding date and then had them framed. My hubby has also made the frames sometimes in the past and then he has his hand in the gift also.

If you have the time a simple set of quilted placemats is always welcome also.

The gift basket is always a good idea. Whatever their likes are just make a gift basket. If they like to go hiking or camping make up a basket with a compass, maps, insulated socks, powdered drinks, travel cups, and anything else that would work for that event small enough to go into a basket.

You could do a evening at home for newlyweds basket. Soft music, nice galsses, wine or sparkling cider or maybe microwave popcorn and a couple of movies, nice set of napkins, etc.

Hope maybe these might help. Good Luck!

Old 10-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

my husband found a bottle of this

http://www.vsattui.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=19&step=4

i fell in love with it! according to the winery this will "keep" for MANY years so this would be great for that suggestion of a bottle to be opened down the road.

If a man says something and no woman hears it....is he still wrong?

Well, nobody's perfect - Osgood E. Fielding III
SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:37 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

For many years I have put together sewing kits for the couple....I mean how many times do you lose a button or a hem and need thread and a needle, scissors,buttons etc. I buy an organizer box or a sewing box and fill it with scissors, various threads, needles, safety pins, measuring tape, iron on hem tape, iron on patches, buttons, and all kinds of things you may need to repair and item. This gift has been very popular with couples....who usually say that kit you bought us has been a lifesaver.

Another good idea is nice measuring cups & spoons, silicone spatulas, mixing bowls, bakeware etc.. these are old fashioned ideas that are always used!

Just have fun and be creative!