Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 09-15-2004, 09:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Pinkie Winky

Anna,you're welcome what kinds of things do you have in your booth I have alot of ideas I used to set up at a local flea market with all kinds of craft things, now I still do but its more collectible teddy bears,and my husband sells fantasy knives and swords as a hobby. I have a huge craft room and files of ideas!

Sandie

A Room Without A Teddy Bear is like a Face Without a Smile!
Old 09-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Pinkie Winky wreath idea

Hi again, Just wanted to share an idea for a simple wreath this may even be on this site since Im new here I wasnt sure ,I made 3 last week and they are simple. All you need is 2yds. of any material (prefably cotton and make sure you can see the pattern on the back as well as front unless you are using plain then it doesnt matter)pair of pinking sheers to cut the material into 4"x4" squares, straw wreath, I used heart shape ones but they come in round all sizes also, and a phillips head screwdriver. After you have cut the material into squares you just poke the material into the wreath with the screwdriver,(put the point of the driver in the center of material and push it in)Its that simple and then you just fill in the whole wreath and after you can embellish with whatever the occasion or holiday calls for. I just made one for my daughter and hot glued(love the glue gun) some miniature pumpkins and gourds and scarecrows onto it,On mine I made teddy bear (of course) scarecrows. Its one of those things you just let your imagination take over and have fun
Sandie A Room Without A Teddy Bear is like a face without a smile!
Old 09-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Pinkie Winky welcome surprisex2

I too am new joined last week. Thats a great idea about the encouragement cards for women with breast cancer. Its very important for us all to have mammograms,they are painless and well worthit. In our area there is a program called "Let no Woman Be Overlooked" it offers mammograms for free for women who cannot afford it or have a high ins. deductible.
Sandie

A Room Without a Teddy Bear is Like A Face without A Smile!!
Old 09-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Sandy

I am glad you think the encouragement cards are a good idea. So far you are the only one who has responded. I haven't done any yet I have a few rough drafts drawn up but I haven't made them into cards yet. I have been canning tomatoes for the past 3 weeks. But now that I am done with that I can hopefully start on the cards because I think it would be so encouraging to someone to receive a card like that at such a low point in their life. Again if anyone wants to send the cards just let me know and I will post the address.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Pinkie Winky where to send breast cancer cards?

Yes I would love to have the address, I think Ill have my 2 grandaughters make some cute cards they love to do things like that, and its so WORTHWHILE!!
Sandie

A Room Without A TeddyBear is like aFace without a Smile!
Old 09-15-2004, 05:49 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

SURPRISEX2

First let me welcome you and sandieluvsbears to FC. I apologize for the oversight!!! I am so sorry!

I also apologize for not posting about your breast cancer awareness cards sooner. I have absolutely no art talent whatsoever......if there is some other way I can contribute, donate anything else, please let me know.

Kellydid/aka Nancy
Old 09-15-2004, 06:59 PM

Sandie

I too am not talented with paper.

Our consignment booth is in the Artisan Mall, Logan, Ohio.

We sell all kinds of things and are always trying something new. We sell regularly buckeye necklaces, dammit dolls, blue jean purses, candles, soap, incense burners made from recycled wine bottles, weather forecaster dolls, buckeye bracelets using pony beads only, my husband makes wood clocks, Redneck Fish Finders, I crochet slippers, rag rugs, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting something... check out our craft section as I'm the moderator there also and have posted things on crafting and having your own business. I just got a digital camera this weekend so this coming weekend will be setting down and figuring how to use it myself and posting some of my crafts on the craft site.

Anna
Old 09-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello sandiluvsbears:

Here is the address for the Breast Cancer Cardraiser that I was talking about. The article said also that if you want you can put in the cards what you did to get through a difficult time in your life thats only if you want to you don't have to put that. Oh and one more thing for anyone that doesn't know (especialy those who live in Ohio) that Friday September 17 is The Power of Pink day it's where everyone wears pink in support of breast cancer awareness. I don't know if any other states are doing that or not but it wouldn't hurt anything if they did. Ok thats all for now talk to you all later and happy cardmaking. Thank you!

Surprisex2
Old 09-27-2004, 05:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

inexpensive gift idea

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to share this. I went to a conveinence store a few days ago. I saw the cutest idea but they wanted $5.99 for it. They had hot cocoa in cellophane shaped like a cone with chocolate chips and butterscotch chips over the cocoa mix then to top it off they had a handful of marshmallows. I was with a friend, she and I both said we could mass produce these for this same price.

Have a great day

Doris
Old 09-30-2004, 05:31 PM

Garage & Trade Forums

Don't forget to stop over and check out the Garage Sale forum and the Trade/Swap forum. I just bought 5 hard to find Shirley Temple movies for my mil as Christmas gifts for $2.00 each plus shipping... frugal and to her, priceless!

In the garage sale forum I have candles for sale and some of the other crafters are getting prepared to post their items in the craft section of the garage sale forum too, nothing is over $25.00.

Hope this helps. Here is the link.

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...s=&forumid=713

Anna