Clubs - Page 3 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 06-03-2004, 11:00 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

We live close and nope, we havent started it yet.
I wanted to find out how to start one first.

A friend of mine has 6 people total in her family, another one has 4 and mine is just my husband, me and my son. my son and i equal as one as we dont eat much lol

we'd get together at ones house and do this
Old 06-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Assistant Moderator

so I am gathering there is 3 groups

1. group 1...... is you and your husband
2. group 2 ...... is one with 4 in their families
3. group 3 ........ is one with 6 in their families.

Did I pick it up you want to not just exchange receipes but eat at one of the groups house each time you met. Am I right?

well each person could take turn in bringing the meat, and then you rotate what each person brings. and you have to bring the recipe for that dish....
you could even have a box that judges what you enjoyed the most for that evening... everyone votes.. and the one that wins gets braggin rights, or a little homemade ribbon or the door prize and each person is responible taking terns to bring that door prize.
As time goes on maybe you could invite others to come and take part in this social... keeping your eyes open to new neigborhoods.

after wards you could play a few games, or watch a movie, have a chit chat get to know you better, and these could be different each time, depening on what the hose provides.

I am assuming the one with 6 has more kids in the family vs the one with 4 kids.

Another way of doing this is have a get away from the kids night..
and you get together with just the adults that makes it 2 people for each group...
again doing the same... bringing the food. or whoever the host is provides the food for the evening. the next time you go to the next person house and vice versa...

of course the kids would have to have already eaten before coming over to the house with you... or go to a baby siter, and the one that is hosting it their kids would have to already eaten and be in their room away from the gathering.

these are just ideas... as I never done one of these. I'm just throwing out ideas for you.
maybe someone else would have a better idea for you.
let me know what you do decide on and how it turned out for you.