Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Leisure Time > Idle Chit Chat!

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 12-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Gina just bought the new Bourne one yesterday for Adam we all will end up watching it tho'. I just saw Bourne Identity on TV the other nite. I liked it so know I will like this one.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:24 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sandi,
Your 28 dd might like Rasing Helen, not sure if a 6 and 8 yr old will like it much???
I like the Die Hard movies, and Bourne Identy was pretty good. my future sister in law is getting Spiderman 2 for ds. He loves anything Spiderman! We saw at the drive in over the summer. Very exciting movie.
I bought Spiderman2 for nephew in Flordia and the other nephew wanted Freaky Friday ( he is 11 and likes Lindsay Lohan!) That was a cute one...
Sandie a suggestion of one I thought was cute that your gd might like was Ella Enchanted. Very cute Cinderella story!
LEighann
Old 12-08-2004, 07:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

We got Spiderman 2 for Steven 6 he LOVES spiderman. Granny here bought him sheet and comforter set. What can I say I am a pushover, also got other S-Man stuff for him.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks for the info, they have already seen Ella Enchanted,another one I picked up that I know they havent seen isFreaky Friday, actually I havent seen it either, I did see the first one with Jodie Foster in it.
Dh and I just watched SpidermanII I liked it better than the first one. There is a #3 coming out too,LOL.

Sandie
Old 12-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

The last movie I saw was Closer. I ejoyed it, but you have to know what to expect. It's definitely NOT a movie for kids. And it's not a uplifting romance comedy. Heavy duty drama ladies On the lighter side, you do get to drool over Jude Law or Clive Owen for two hours

Next movie I'll see? Spanglish - that looks cute.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks leolight for the info on "Closer" as that is one movie I plan on seeing. I didn't see the movie "Ella Enchanted" but read the book and it was excellent. Another good Cinderella story is "Ever After" It is probably the best Cinderella story I have seen. I bought it for my daughter years ago as we both loved it. "Spanglish" also looks good. I am not a fan of Adam Sandler at all but I did like him in "50 First Dates" so am willing to give him another shot in his new movie. I saw both "The Bourne Identity" and "The Bourne Supremacy" and though both were good, I like "The Bourne Identity" best. I was able to figure out "The Bourne Supremacy" right from the beginning though it does have great action scenes. For Christmas vacation we have talked about going to see "National Treasure." Has anyone seen it yet? It isn't a movie that really interests me at all but it is one the family wants to see. Nicholas Cage is one actor who I do like but this movie just doesn't seem to grab my attention in its previews.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I havent seen National Treasure yet, but if you type in
nationaltreasure.movies.go.com you will find the website for the movie and info on it. I like Nicholas Cage also, I just recntly saw Matchstick Men and I liked it alot.

Sandie
Old 12-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Last movies I saw were Bourne Supremacy and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I actually did see National Treasure. My initial reaction was a bit like yours, Sammi1961, I wasn't thrilled, but I became more excited the more clips and trailers I saw. It's actually a great family movie and I ended up liking it. Good thriller...some people say it's a lot like an Indiana Jones movie. And Nicholas Cage pulls it off pretty well. You won't be bored in the theatres And I think it's been #1 in the box office for something like three weeks now!

I agree about the Bourne Supremacy, I also preferred the Bourne Identity, and I was upset that Matt Damon's gfriend had to die.
I should rent Ever After sometime soon. I really enjoyed that one.

As for Adam Sandler, I think he's really changing the type of acting he does. He seems to be moving away from the more teen type comedy movies, and taking on more mature rolls. So, we'll see. It should be interesting.

Haven't seen Harry Potter yet...that's one I was interested in as well...

whew...that was long...
Old 12-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks, leolight for the info on "National Treasure." I have seen the previews and just didn't think the movie looked that interesting so it is nice to hear from someone who has seen it and liked it and to hear it is a good family movie. My children are of various ages and it is hard to find a movie that we can all enjoy and over Christmas we will be going with their grandmother, aunts, uncles etc. to see this. You are right about "Bourne Supremacy" as in I was also sad his girlfriend had to die. She was awesome in the first movie so I hated that they killed her off in the second movie. Has anyone seen Adam Sandler's movie "Punch Drunk Love?" It was a strange but interesting movie. Definitely not typical of Sandler.