Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Assistant Moderator

well it not morning as it is now 2:21 n the afternoon here, and I am wore out from passing out Vacation Bible School brochures.

there were 2 kids, and 7 adults that showed up to do this, we broke into teams of 2 and went and put them on the doors...

Vacation Bible school will be June 7 -9th n the evening...

I'm a floater this year as I didn't know about John and if I could put in what I normally do so I told them I would help if I could and wherever.. so today was a day I felt I was needed, as our pastor asked for 10 volunteers...
and no young people except these 2 kids with thier mom's showed up..
the adulats were in thier 40's and older.

It took us 2 hours to do this... as we live in the rural area mostly where people lives apart from one another, and long long driveways, LOL

trying to catch my 2nd wind where I can feel like going and doing my booth now.

Bloodie I'm sorry ;-) for thinking that last picture was Sue... I knew she had posted yours too, then I thought she threw one in on her own place.
Thanks Carol for keeping me straingt... I need someone beside John to do it .

Quote:
TTFN ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

what does that stand for?

Cindy's
Quote:
My FIL is being honored as a WWII veteran this afternoon at a ceremony in town.
Cindy that is wonderful, please congrulations him for me... and tell him I salute him.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bar_bar
~TTFN~ what does that stand for?

Oh.....I can tell that you're not a Winnie the Pooh fan!!!!

I'll let Carol explain!
Old 05-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Abear93
Okay, I haven't been on this thread much. So, maybe the rest of you know this but I'm gonna ask anyway.....

Sueanne, do you & Blondie live in the same subdivision......or close by????

Its been hot here....but not so hot that my steering wheel is too hot to touch when I come to the car after grocery shopping. Hopefully, we have another couple of weeks before that heat kicks in. (said with fingers crossed!)

Abear93..... Blondie and I have been friends from FC for the last three years. We do email each other and share photos. Blondie did come from my area before she moved where she lives now. She is on the East Coast and I am in Central Florida. It is about an hour away from me.
The temperatures are about the same in both places. Right now at 9:30 at night it is still 89 degrees. I am so glad for Central Air Conditioning the whole house stays perfectly cool.

bar_bar.... Blondie cannot post her photos on FC since she has Web TV. I too love gardening so I appreciate all the work she does and want to help share what she sends me with all of you.

Thanks everyone for making Family Corner such a great place.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Sueanne
The temperatures are about the same in both places. Right now at 9:30 at night it is still 89 degrees.
It is 8:50 pm and the temp outside right now is 82. Our high today was 88 but the heat index was in the 90's....I forgot exactly what the weather guy said it was on the 6:00 news....I just remember it was 90-something.

So, Sueanne, I can only imagine what the high was there today -your heat index was probably close to, if not over 100!

Thanks for being so kind as to post Blondie's photos here. She does deserve recognition for all of her hard work. I'd give anything to have that green thumb!
Old 05-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle Sueanne

You also are having a problem with the heat affecting your garden? We used to try different veggies in a patch in back where I now have day lilies. It just was too hot for most things there, and after trying for several years, I called it quits on that. The lilies do fine, though. ~~Too bad they don't last longer.

I noticed today that the leaves of the hydrangeas are beginning to curl at the edges, so I know they have not gotten enough moisture. I am thinking of digging them up, one at a time, to mix in something that will hold moisture better. There is so much drainage in the area, I know now I didn't put enough compost, or whatever, in.

Finally finished the cupboards today. I had enough contact paper that I used it to cover old coffee cans that I keep various things in. Have about nine of the old three-lb. coffee cans from years ago, and they have been so handy for storing things. I happened to mention to DH that these cupboards are NOT the best, because they are particle board, and beginning to deteriorate in places from moisture. ~~THAT'S when he said one day we will get new cabinets!! After all the time, and work I just put in, I'm willing to wait awhile before doing so, IF he means it.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle Abear93

It must be in the 50 mile, or so, range that I live from Sueanne. I know the mall she said is near her, and it's one I used to go to when we lived over that way 22 years ago. My folks lived over in Sueanne's area, too, before they
passed away. I haven't been there
in four years now.

It was so nice of Sueanne to post my pics. I thank her for that. My brother makes the pics on his computer, then sends them to me, so that is how I am able to send them to anyone from here. I had some very nice ones of the front of the house, but he didn't have those, or he would have made them, too. I do enjoy yardwork, and this season is the first time in 21 years I feel I may have succeeded in getting something worthwhile. The sandy soil here is a lot different to try to grow things in compared to Michigan's, and I still have problems at times. I am anything but a master gardener!!

Old 05-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle bar-bar

cat:

No sweat! Wait until you hit the big 8 O!! I can't remember thngs so often I need to write them down as I hear, or read them, especially when trying to post a reply about what I've read in other's posts. I would have to sit here for hours, and hours to send replies to all I read, and I don't spend that much time with it. I just cannot sit that long. Besides, my bottom hurts after just so much, and I have to get up.

Old 05-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle bar-bar

See what I mean? ~~~I meant to tell Sueanne what a pretty siggy she has on her posts now!!

This is called a "senior moment"!!

Old 05-29-2004, 07:12 PM
Assistant Moderator

Cindy's quote
Quote:
Winnie the Pooh fan!!!!
I used to be... when my babies were little..
and I think he a cute little bear.... and I got a feeling once I hear it I'm going to hit myself across the head... and hate myself for not knowing if it came from winnie the Pooh.. unless this is a new one...as I've been sort of out of touch with Winnie...
Old 05-30-2004, 12:41 AM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, all..

I'm having my first cup of coffee.... (Where are you Barb?)
TTFN ~ when I write it, means "Tah~Tah For Now". It has other meanings, though.

Guess the rain just doesn't want to hit the south.... we are to get more today. I checked my tomato and pepper plants yesterday. Both have blossoms on them. Still need your Florida heat to have any set. Just too cool right now. Can't seem to get higher than the 50's. Not my type of weather..... Blondie loves it like that. LOL She'd be happy in a snow storm.. LOL

Time to read the sunday paper, and have my second cup of coffee. Come on over.....

Carol Ann &