Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:42 AM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

chuckle Hi Bilby

Where to start, where to start??
So far I have one suitcase packed with goodies to take home ~~~curtains for three rooms, night lights, hose nozzle, faucet spray,greeting cards, 3 sun catchers to paint, a clip board, and if there is anything else--I forgot. We picked up a pizza on the way home today, and had some of that earlier. I have been eating all sorts of things I should not-DOUGHNUTS, CHEESE CURLS, chocolate-covered almonds, M&Ms,& "LOLLIES". --And it's just a bit over one week, with 9 days to go. I'm going to look like two-ton Tessie by that time!! All in all things are GREAT. So, heeere's "Toodles"--

(I take No responsibility for the above post!!! ~ ~ LOL ~ ~ Blondie 'stole' my web!)

Hi Kathy~! TTFN
Old 06-20-2003, 12:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Re: Hi Bilby

Quote:
Originally posted by autumnmum 2002
(I take No responsibility for the above post!!! ~ Blondie 'stole' my web!TTFN

Just make sure that she doesn't accidentally put it in that suitcase filled with stuff to take home! Otherwise, she might not discover that it's there until she gets home with it!

Wonder what the FBI would do for kidnaping a webtv and taking it across state lines???
Old 06-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Assistant Moderator

What a riot, I love chatting to you all.

Abear
the weather is not too bad for wintr if I do say so myself. We have a doona on the bed as the nights are down to 50ish but the days aren't too bad only in jeans and long sleeved t-shirt still with the occassional jacket if it;s windy. Still 70 ish.
Thanks heavens I don't get any snow but in the mountains down south they have started their skiing season it will go intil Aug/Sept. Has it warmed up nicely for you? I've heard that some US states are still in winter woolies.

Blondie
If you can fit the web tv in go for it. Do you think you could get very far before Autumn would notice I'm glad you're having a wonderful time. It will be Autumns turn to visit you next time.

Hey Autumn
I'd watch that mum of yours. she might run off with that groovy computer you keep!!
Have a wonderful hilarious time time together you 2.

Old 06-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Bilby
Has it warmed up nicely for you? I've heard that some US states are still in winter woolies.
Right now, we average temps in the high 80's to low-mid 90's! However, the heat index has reached 100!

Old 06-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Nine Year Member

Blondie~~~~ Glad to see you are having fun. Hope you have enough room in your suit cases for all the stuff you bought? Know it is hard not to eat all the goodies when you are away from home. How is your DH doing without you? Bet he is counting the days for your return.

Bilby~~~~ It has been pretty warm here the last few weeks in the nineties but we have been having some afternoon showers that cool it off. It is now 70* which is just great at night. The lawns are all green and lush. With all this rain have to cut twice a week.

Autumn~~~ Been busy with company have not had a chance to post for awhile. Have fun with your Mom now that she is back with you. Miss seeing her posts since she has been away on vacation.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:35 PM
Assistant Moderator

Wow mowing the lawn twice a week, even we don't do that. Once a week is the most we do in any season and at the moment it's every 2 weeks the growth has slowed down heaps.
Also the sun has changed directions and we are getting those green mossy areas that the grass has died off with too much shade.

It's still sunny though but a bit windy and that's what brings in the cold the wind.

Alls well here at the moment nothing much happening I'm afraid.

I think that Autumn and Blondie are having enough fun for all of us.

Old 07-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle I'm baaack!!

Yes, I had a good time laughing, and giggling with my Carol. We worked on her coupons, and went out to eat with my brothers, shopped, and visited a former classmate of hers. Seems as if we always were eating.

I picked up a lot of "goodies" while there, and when packing, had to sit on one suitcase to get it closed!! It will be Christmas time when I go back.

When I first saw my poor yard, I didn't know where to begin!! It is SO hot, and humid here now, but I began pulling weeds, dead-heading, cutting the grass in back, edging borders, watering some things that had a sad look,
and using the electric trimmer on the jasmine vine. This time I'm going to do one job at a time instead of hopping from one to the other. I see so many things that need attention, and if I do parts of several, then it seems I never really accomplish anything.

There are a lot of emails to go through, and a pile of mail, --magazines, and junk mail. I do a bit at a time. Windows were cleaned, and all the new curtains were up last night, the laundry done, and odds and ends done.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll be back outside to do some more "fixing". I want all the outside work done before I bring out the paint cans, and when that begins I won't have time for yardwork for quite some time.

Time to move on.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:29 PM
Assistant Moderator

Way to go Blondie
Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time with Autumn. I bet you didn't want to go. Catching up with your brothers would have been great too especially if you don't see them that often
................ now for the catch up at home.

Old 07-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle Bilby

Another day almost is over again, but I love it when I am busy. Spent most of it in the back yard except for a half-hour on the porch to eat dinner. After I pot up the new plants that came shortly after I went to see Carol, (naturally they could not have arrived before, so I could plant them first) I'll start on the front. Things could have been worse, but they are SAD. DH said he watered them, but his idea of "watering", and mine don't mesh!! I lost one whole potful of African Daisies, and two Hostas have leaves with brown edges. I waited two years for them to reach a larger size, and now I'll have to give them special attention. Could have been worse, I guess.

Yes, it's always nice to spend time with family. We used to live closer to each other years ago, but now, those still alive live all over the country.--A good many of the younger ones I never see anymore. The rest are gone-period. Have ONE cousin two years older than I, and then I am the next oldest. It doesn't seem possible so many are, and have been, gone for so many years, but
"tis true.

Well, time to check emails before I fall asleep. Tomorrow's going to be another busy day, and I like to clear emails soon as I can. I don't get on the web in the mornings, or I'd never make it outside. ~~~~LOL!

Old 07-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle akinita8524

Nice to hear from an Alaskan. ~~WELCOME! I fell in love with that darling kitten you are holding!! It looks so much like some babies I saw at Michigan's Humane Society recently when there with my daughter. Such cute things, all meowing at once for someone to "PLEASE take me home."
If I still lived in Michigan, I'd have taken about three of them!!

OLD?? You haven't begun to be old yet!! ~~~Wish I were your "old"!

Wrte again, and tell us more about your life in Alaska, won't you?

Last edited by Blondie; 07-03-2003 at 04:25 PM.