Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:44 PM
Assistant Moderator

Ewriggs,
I like a touch of the absurd and someone really comes up with these things!! Do they have too much to ponder these things? I don't mind I like a good laugh. How's your week been?

Old 07-30-2003, 01:49 PM
Assistant Moderator

Oh Blondie....................... so how have you been? Out in the garden agianor are you still working on colours for the outside of your house? What's the colour going to be, any ideas?

Hi Autumnmumsy
it sounds like you have an awful lot of coupon cutting and sending going on when you're not out in the garden and of couse getting bargains at garage sales

Sueanne
You will have to tell us what you got up to for your birthday, was it a pool party or just a quiet celebration

Old 07-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bilby - my week has been very busy for an old woman with fibro and fatigue problems! LOL! Took 3 ADD gs's to the freebie movie on Tuesday and then took them shopping for a few treats.

Today I took a friend to a museum, then we had lunch out (a real treat!) and then major grocery shopping. By the time I got home I was just exhausted. DH unloaded the car and brought in the groceries and put away the things needing refrigeration. The rest is mine when I'm up to it.

Tomorrow, I have to take the payment for some Angel Boxes I'm getting for us and dd and dil, then get my hair done and then get about 5 loads of laundry done. Hopefully, I'll be able to take a nap (yeah, right!). I think Schwan's is delivering tomorrow, too. O wow! What a lot for me to get done in one day!

I needed a laugh last night, and I found this:

I'm A Senior Citizen
And I'm Having The Time of My Life
-- by Patricia Ann Rivers -- Copyright 1996 -- [email protected]

Laughter is good for the soul!
I'm the life of the party...even when it lasts till 8 p.m.
I'm very good at opening child-proof caps with a hammer.
I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I'm going.
I'm good on a trip for at least an hour without my aspirin, beano, & antacid.
I'm awake many hours before my body allows me to get up.
I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a word you are saying.
I'm aware that other people's grandchildren are not as bright as mine.
I'm so cared for: Long term care, Eye care, Private care, Dental care . . .
I'm not grouchy, I just don't like traffic, waiting, crowds, children,
politicians.
I'm sure everything I can't find is in a secure place.
I'm wrinkled, saggy and bumpy and that's just my left leg.
I'm realizing that aging is not for sissies.
I'm anti-everything now: Anti-fat, Anti-smoke, Anti-noise, Anti-inflammatory . .

I'm going to reveal what goes on behind closed doors . . . Absolutely nothing!
I'm sure they are making adults much younger these days.
I'm in the initial stage of my golden years: SS, CD's, IRA's, AARP. . .
I'm wondering . . If you're only as old as you feel, how could I be alive at 150?
I'm supporting all movements now . . .by eating bran, prunes and raisins.
I'm a walking storeroom of facts . . . I've just lost the storeroom.

Cheerio!
Old 07-30-2003, 06:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bilby - Yes the kids have seen both Harry Potter movies at the theater, and we have them both at home. We've been lucky, and the kids we're scared. We have the paperbacks of the four books, and we're waiting for the fifth in paperback. I'd like to keep them all the same. Oh, the canyon is Sardine Canyon, the one that goes to Logan. We just went up to the picnic/campgrounds at Mantua. I am looking forward to my mom coming Friday. We get along together really well, but she does kind of like to be enertained, going shopping, or for drives and stuff. Right now we're having some big financial problems which she is aware of, so I want to just stick close to home and not spend any money.

Carol

I
Old 07-30-2003, 07:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle Bilby & ewriggs

Kathy~~~No, I haven't been in the yard for over a week, and a half, due to painting. Did four rooms, a closet, and began the front room
today. Spent all day on what is done (I'm getting slower!!), and tomorrow hope to finish that, plus the dining room, and second hall, plus woodwork in all. Then I can put things back where they belong. It is WAY too hot~~for me~~to begin the outside of the house yet. I can't take that heat anymore, but am anxious to do the job. The more I look at this loud pink, the more I want it OFF! I want a pretty pale yellow, with the white trim.

Next door neighbors had theirs painted before they sold their house a month ago, and it is the most gosh-awful color on a house I ever saw. ~~And this pink didn't help. Yesterday I noticed the house two doors away have painted theirs, too, and it looks like something I used to see in the bedpans I emptied when working!! It's worse than the one next to us!! These are comparatively young people, and I'd never guess they ~~or ANYone~~would put that color (?) on their home.

ewriggs~~~ loved that thing you posted. ~~Got some good laughs out of it.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:38 PM
Assistant Moderator

Oh Blondie the house is painted the colour of the "stuff" on the inside of a bedpan too funny!

Mustard that's the colour and quite a few house around here are that colour it's a bit .................... YICK!!
There are som very lovely shades out there too. Are you thinking of selling up to move house?

Old 07-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Blondie - When I see houses painted ugly colors, I always tell myself they must of got a good deal on that paint!!

Carol

Old 07-30-2003, 08:00 PM
Assistant Moderator

Songberries,
it sounds like your visit with your mum should be a good one.
It was only my 8yro that had a bad dream, fortunately or unfortunately he's thinker and and once something's on his mind that's it! I don't see how those books can be so darn dear to buy, by christmas time they will hopefully come down in price and maybe a present there!
Yes as much as I hate to say it I have started my christmas shopping, but I got vouchers from the credit co and the legos were on special too so it cost me nothing and I got more for nothing..... make sense??

Ewriggs,
you know I'd never heard of fibro until I started on this forum and Iwas surprised at how many people had it. It's not a nice thing to have from what I hear so if you've got 3 ADD kids to look after as well you must be bushed by the end of the week. Take it easy.
~ ~ ~

Old 07-30-2003, 08:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bilby - No, I don't think it's to early to start Christmas shopping. I try to pick up things all year long. I've got a bunch of things stashed already.

Carol

Old 07-30-2003, 08:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle Bilby~~Songberries~~ewriggs

No, my dear,~~mustard is not what we called the first neighbors' "color"!! We called it, "diarrhea", to be quite frank! But when the second color showed up, it reminded me of how "things" looked when the patients/residents had caught a bug that was passing around, and THAT I am unable to give a descriptive name to, color-wise!! No, we aren't selling, but I just needed some changes.

I would not THINK of using either "color" if it had been GIVEN away.

About fibromyalgia,~~I had known the name, but never dreamed of the havoc it causes. I, too, learned about all that goes with it when reading posts on FC, and was shocked. I truly feel grateful not to have had anything such as that, and feel very sorry for those who do.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.

Last edited by Blondie; 07-30-2003 at 08:25 PM.