Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 01-21-2004, 03:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Pinkie Winky Great job Bilby!!

Your hyperactive bear had me rolling too!!
Animation Shop is still pretty new to me too....You did a great job just on your own!
Karen and Marcia~How did it go with the cat animation tag tutorial?
This has been a really hard week for me.....Have an infection under a crown and in a tooth that has a root canal...Weird Can't get it taken out til Wed. of next week. Also my daughter who is 7 months pregnant went into premature labor a few days ago. They got her contractions stopped with medicine and she got out of hospital yesterday. I am torn between wanting to be with her at home(she is on bed rest for the rest of pregnancy) and staying here in northern Indiana and working. Having a shower for her this weekend and I will be going down there. But feel like a bad Mom for not going sooner. She is staying at her Dad's and his girlfriend is taking off work for the week. She gets paid time off tho.
Hugs to all!
Dreamweaver
Old 01-21-2004, 05:28 AM
Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Groupie

Kathy,
I can email you a couple of sparkle tubes. I will also find a site that has some other different kinds.

Lisa,
I did the cat sig. I actually ended up doing it different than the tut. To me the tut seemed a little harded than it needed to be. If I remember correctly, it had you do most of the work in AS. Well, I took the .gif you sent me into AS, then exported it to PSP. Then I saved it as a .psp file (which keeps the layers separated) and did the rest of the changes from there. Also, by saving it as a .psp, it is now ready to be used as a base if I want to make another one. (I have a folder of sig bases. It make it so much easier when people request something I have previously done.

I hope you are feeling better. There is nothing worse than a toothache! Well, an earache comes close.

"Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements."
- Marcel Boulestin

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 01-21-2004, 08:55 AM
BoggsZ

Lisa I never did get it I think somethings wrong with my email so please when you get to feeling better will you try agian or maybe Marcia can send it thanks email is [email protected]
Old 01-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Member of the Family

FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Karen, I will go send it now.

"Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements."
- Marcel Boulestin

Old 01-21-2004, 09:10 AM
BoggsZ

Thank you so much ill try it out thisevening
Old 01-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Assistant Moderator

Thanks for the compliments, nice to know I can be of sevice and give you a good giggle or 2 LOL, , hyperbear made my eyes go woopy

OK question, do I save my pics a psp or as a gif? If I leave it in a psp does that mean I can change it and not lose the animation?
I must confess I didn't read the tuts for this I came up with my own plan........ can you tell? I figured that each animation process is like a page on one of those notepads that on each page you draw a different pic and when you flick your pages to it make it look like it's moving.
Snowowl thanks I would like those sparkles but I will need good directions on how to put them in too please. Where do you find extra tubes?

Old 01-21-2004, 03:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

Lisa,
I hope your daughter and your grandbaby are going to be ok, it must have been scary

Old 01-21-2004, 03:35 PM
Member of the Family

FamilyCorner Groupie

Kathy,
If you are going to animate what you are creating, then save it as a .psp. Then you open it up in AS to animate, you will save that as a .gif
If you are NOT animating something, you can just go ahead and save it from psp as a .gif.
When you save from PSP as a .gif, it will automatically merge your layers, which you will then lose any animation. Did that make sense?
You are correct in your analogy. each layer is like one page that you flip to animate.
I will email you a sparkle. When you get it, you will save it in your tube folder. Then you will just click on your tube tool and select the sparkle. on one page you can just put the sparkle tube in certain places, then on the next layer you put the sparkle tube in other places. Then when you animate, it looks like it is sparkling. Or another way is to put them in the same place on both layers, just make it bigger or smaller on one page than it is on the other.
Have I totally confused you now? LOL
The best way to find tubes is to go to google.com, click on the images tab, then type in PSP tubes. you will be amazed at how many you will find. If you are looking for something specific, ie sparkles, then just scroll down to the bottom of the results page and click on "search in results". Then type in sparkles (or whatever you are looking for). Go to the web sites of the images you are interested in. you will be able to download the tubes there. Most of them are in .zip format and will unzip when you open them.
Hope this helps!!

- Marcel Boulestin

Old 01-21-2004, 04:20 PM
Assistant Moderator

I must have something wrong in what I'm doing because I save the pics in psp format but when I went to animate it said it was an invalid file. I saved to gif and this is what I have
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Member of the Family

FamilyCorner Groupie

Kathy, here is what you need to do: in PSP click file save as, when that window opens, click on options. In that window choose save as psp7 compatible. They didn't update AS yet, so in order to open the PSP* .psp files in AS, they need to be saved in psp 7 compatible. So, try that and see what happens.

Very nice sig, by the way!

- Marcel Boulestin