Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 12-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Did anyone else watch this tonight on T.V. ???

I was amazed! The only thing about the show that irritated me was that guy named "Preston".....the one who decided to do everyone else's job instead of his own! If they do another home - which is supposed to happen, I hope they replace Preston!

I LOVED what Ty did to the little girl's bedroom.....especially the "trap door" to "Comfort Zone".

The following is an article about the show I saw on the internet earlier today (not sure of where I found it as I had e-mailed it to my Mom and I pulled this from that e-mail):

'Trading Spaces' Carpenter Gets ABC Job

Dec 3, 8:06 AM (ET)

NEW YORK (AP) - Ty Pennington, the hunky carpenter on the popular TLC show "Trading Spaces," is the host of ABC's new home improvement show, "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."

The show debuts Wednesday (10 p.m. EST). Pennington, a team of designers, 100 workmen and neighbors have a week to renovate an entire house, plus the exterior and landscaping, a process that usually takes about four months.

"I'm loving the opportunity to show my creative side," Pennington said in Tuesday's editions of New York's Daily News. "This shows I can lead an entire operation."

His new book, "Ty's Tricks: Home Repair Secrets Plus Cheap and Easy Projects to Transform Any Room," is a mixture of handyman tips and how-to projects.

---

On the Net:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/index.html
Old 12-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

That guy Preston was a jerk. Do you think they put him in the mix just to jazz things up a bit?

I was wondering why I hadn't seen Ty on TS this season, now we know-he has his new show. I'd prefer him anytime, the new guy doesn't seem to have much personality, how can one compete with Ty though?!

Is this new makeover show going to be on every week or just during sweeps? Sure was nice to see a "feel good" show for a change.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by LJsmom
That guy Preston was a jerk. Do you think they put him in the mix just to jazz things up a bit?
Hmmmmmm.....I hadn't thought about that!

Quote:
I was wondering why I hadn't seen Ty on TS this season, now we know-he has his new show. I'd prefer him anytime, the new guy doesn't seem to have much personality, how can one compete with Ty though?!
I don't regularly watch TS so I only faguely knew who he was before I saw Extreme Make-Over. I am a big fan of While You Were Out (I miss Teresa!) and I also like that new show on Lifetime called "Merge".

Quote:
Is this new makeover show going to be on every week or just during sweeps? Sure was nice to see a "feel good" show for a change.
I don't think it is supposed to be a weekly show.....only periodic! I know that they are supposedly taking applications for the next show's home !

It really was a "feel good" show! I was stunned when they cut the pick-up in two and make the "drive-in" and the bed!

I will gladly admit that when the family came back home and was checking it out, several times I had tears in my eyes! Especially when they showed the youngest daughter's room!

And what about that pirate ship?
Old 12-05-2003, 11:28 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

What network was this show on? I dont think I have heard anything about it. Ty was on Oprah not long ago he didnt say he was leaving Trading Spaces!

Abear,
I dont really watch While You Were Out since Teresa left! She was one of the contestants that had tried out for the View as was the old host of Trading Spaces. Forgot her name!

Leighann
Old 12-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

What's this Merge about? Probably some other show I'll be hooked on.

Lee, It was on ABC. I just found out about it by accident while I was reading the paper ( a rare pleasure). As I called a friend to tell her about it, she was calling me at the same time

All the new people on TS and WYWO are duds...they seem boring or just too weird where no one will even like their designs. Yes yes I know "to each his own".
Old 12-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I bet every kid that has a pool was begging their parents for a pirate ship after that episode!

Taking applications. hmmm that family was so deserving, I can't imagine what the next one will be.
It was nice to see the producers or whoever pick someone who actually deserved it. Tired of seeing makeovers for people who obviously can afford to change things themselves.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:50 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ljsmom
I have to agree, lately Trading Spaces has some ritzy homes they have been redoing. They need to come to my house lol!

I dont so much mind Carter he is easy on the eyes, but some of the new designers ehhhh. Kia is the worst designer in history!

I have never heard of Merge either!
Leighann
Old 12-05-2003, 01:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Merge comes on Lifetime Cable Station...in fact it comes on tonight.....at 10:00 CST.

What they do is take a couple getting married and Merge the two households of furniture. Lisa Rinna is the host.

I never liked Lisa until this show.

Sometimes, it gets hilarious! Especially when they use the shredder to shred pieces of furniture! Lisa enjoys it just a little too much! They give a lot of unused, leftover furniture to charity. They only shred pieces that they claim shouldn't be in anyone's house!!

Yeah, TS and WYWO should find a family who really needs a makeover to do it. Someone who can't afford it. It does seem that they only choose ritzy homes to work on.

Lee - Extreme Make-Over: Home Edition came on ABC on Wednesday night right before the Trista & Ryan's Wedding show.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am soooooo upset!!

Last week was a new episode of Home Edition. Now, tonight's is another repeat! :mad:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!
Old 07-26-2004, 04:46 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Abear,
I was a bit upset too! I love that show, I usually end up with tears in my eyes by the end...It all can be soooo emotional!!
Leighann