posting photo album on line - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 06-26-2003, 08:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Question posting photo album on line

my cousin sent me a photo parade of her granddaughter, I follow her link and it was so cute. It was for digitals. I am wondering if there is a way I could do this with old photos that I have. We are planning a big family reunion next spring and I would like to collect photos from several people and make them available on line to everyone.... does anyone know if this is possible, without it costing alot?
Old 06-29-2003, 12:58 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Photo's online

Yes you can make photo's and send if you have a scanner.Just scan them and send to whoever you want.I do this all the time.
Curlytop.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

graceygrammy

The photos would have to be scanned and uploaded to your computer.. If you have someone that knows HTML, they could make a site for you, you could post the pictures, and write some info along with them....

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 06-29-2003, 03:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

If you can scan them into your computer that's great, but if not you might want to check out a local photo processing place & see if they can put them on disk for you. Then you can upload them to your computer. If you can't get domeone to create a website for you, try www.groups.msn.com, you can create a free site there. All you need to have is an msn passport (free). Or you can try www.snapfish.com, they have lots of different things you can do with pics there.

Hope this helps!

"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ~
Old 06-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Sorry, I gave the wrong addy for MSN groups. Here's the right one...

http://groups.msn.com

"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ~
Old 06-29-2003, 05:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

thanks everyone.

I found out that the internet carrier that we use comes with a free web page and they give instruction on setting it up, isnt that great, I can get my site for pictures and learn all this stuff too.

When I get it done I'll post the site, if anyone would be interested.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:07 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Website for pictures

Try www.webshots.com
You can upload your pictures into a photo album for anyone to see -- for FREE!
Old 06-30-2003, 08:26 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I want to try loading some pictures, too. Thanks for the information.
Old 07-27-2003, 12:28 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Making Photos Available Online

graceygrammy,
Sorry I'm late in replying to your post - we were moving & I didn't have time to read my newsletters for a while.
For "old photos" I don't have a scanner but I've had a lot of fun sending pictures in emails by using a free web camera. I just hold up the old photo in front of the web camera lens, click Take A
Snapshot & save it in My Pictures in my computer, then I open a new email & click in it where I want the photo to go (my email program calls it Insert A Picture). Then I can type whatever words or description I want with it & send it in an email (not as an attachment as some people have trouble opening attachments).

I'm the youngest in my family & now live in a different state, so my relatives in Missouri enjoy this. At Easter I sent 1940's Easter snapshots of us as kids. For a wedding anniversary I sent a photo of the wedding couple. Before my 50 year high school reunion I sent old friends photos of us together on the school playground in 1st grade. I've also sent photos of our new house to all so they could see it.

Last March I got the $29.99 web camera free after mail-in rebate from Best Buy. It is a "Veo Connect PC Camera." I found out about this at a web site that lists "free after rebate" items for
that week at stores in your area. I check it every Sunday as that is when the sales start. It is at:
SalesCircular.com. Then click on your state, next Free After Rebate. (From this I got BIC rollerball pens & permanent markers free at Office Depot after a $15 mail-in rebate.)

I guess you could send these photos to a web page instead of in an email. They're probably not as good as with a scanner, I'm wondering if anyone else has used a web camera for this?
Old 07-27-2003, 03:23 PM
Nine Year Member

Web Camera

Babs~~~ I love my web cam too. I also got one with my computer from logitech but you cannot use it away from the computer cord.I am able to make talking videos and send in a email. Love to use it when people are visiting and want to send it to friends. I have even taken photos of relatives on tv game shows and they came out perfect. I have a program on adobe that lets me download any pictures I take with the camera. I can that make them any size or crop what I don't want. I go on a website that lets me download all my photos in albums webshots.com.

Glad you are having fun with your camera and thanks for the tip about sales circular.com

Last edited by Sueanne; 07-27-2003 at 04:06 PM.