Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 05-09-2003, 12:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Are You Creative?

IN WHAT WAYS DO YOU THINK OF YOURSELF AS A CREATIVE PERSON?

I am NOT creative as far as knowing to do any sewing or stitching type crafts nor do I play any musical instruments (I can play the basics on the guitar.)
I am very creative at party planning and games!!! I have given birthday parties, bridal and baby showers over the years for my family and friends...family reunions, too!!!
I also love to make friendship scrapbooks for my friends birthdays, as surprises!!! I think I like cooking and baking more than stitching because I get immediate results!!! A Cake!!!
I remember trying to learn to sew in Home Economics in 7th grade and what a disaster that was!!!

peace,train
Old 08-29-2003, 02:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am starting scrapbooking next week with 2 girlfriends! A new way to be creative!!
I've tried scrapbooking in the past and didn't have much patience for it but I think it might be more enjoyable to have friends to be creative with!
What have you been doing lately, creatively speaking??!!

peace,train
Old 08-31-2003, 11:16 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well to me I am not, but to my family I am, someone can show me something in a recycle item and I can come up with ideas on how to use it, not that I can always make it that way, but I can think of ways of using it. I have done crafts and I need to do my own thing instead of always follow instructions, and most of the time when I do follow I come up with something else too.

I am also trying to find better ways of doing a craft or seeing what else can be done to it.

I go go shopping and see how someting is done and then come up with more using for it

It like once I get going I come up with more things, so maybe I am creative I just don't see it,

My son been wanting me to get on ebay where I can sell my craft ideas, finally got register and we wil see what hapens.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Trainlady! Glad you are trying scrapbooking out again. I bet you'll be good at it. I'm going to a crop with a couple of friends on the 19th--it should be a fun time. I'm determined to get a couple of pages done.

I went to a stamping home party this weekend. We made the cutest candles using stamps. Somebody on my Christmas list is going to get some of those things.

The latest creative thing I've done was make a card for my niece and nephew who had a baby on Thurdsday.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Julie, I have made 6 whole pages!!!!! I AM enjoying it more than I honestly thought I would!! It is definitely more fun when you have girlfriends to scrapbook with! They have signed me up for something called an "Croptoberfest" next month!! Should be fun!! It's a good thing my girlfriends have tons of supplies because I have next to nothing!!
I can only afford to buy a little every month and this month it was the scrapbook, so I use their tracers and decorative papers and stickers, etc!!!
I am glad I gave it another try!!

Bar Bar, hi, glad to meet you!! You sound very creative!!! What kind of crafts do you make?
I'll be seeing you around on different forums! I have noticed you are replying all over the place and thats the BEST way to meet people here and get connected!! This is the best place to be , in my opinion, on all of the internet!!!

peace,train
Old 09-10-2003, 06:30 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

trainlady
what kind of pages are you doing, one on kids, family, vacation, pets, etc? was just wondering, when my daughter and I do it I help her with kids, for she has 3 ages 1,3,4, and she keeps one on each child, and then she is thinking of doing one for herself. I help her more than I do it for self. Don't know why, just feel more useful when I am helping her out I guess.

She puts her in plastic sleeves, writes stories to go with certain things, and then we find cute ways of displaying the pictures on the pages.

We use die cut method, the templates, which we have seveal of those, we use stickers, not into stamping.....
Old 09-11-2003, 08:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I did 3 pages from the "Relay For Life" Cancer walk I was in earlier this year and I did 3 pages of Easter pictures!! I'm not going in any particular order, really; as I have tons of pictures!!!
I categorized my pictures first which helped. This is new to me so I am learning a I go!!! Sounds like you enjoy scrapbooking!

peace,train
Old 09-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Yes we have done this as well, here is a tip

get you a shirt box, or a square box about the depth of the shirt box

now put plain acid free paper of course into the box

now put your paper that you want to use for your scrapebook in between those plain paper

YOU sort of got a folder system here now

YOU get your pictures group together, and put on the sheet you would want them to go on,

as you have time you can sort your pictures out this way, building a page into your box, when done, you glue, stick whatever method you are using and presto you got your page......

this way building into the box will keep your pictures sorted out and you know which pg they go on and pics don't get mess up

hope this makes sense to you.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Are you creative?

I am kind of switching gears here with all of the scrapbook talk...I too have scrapbooked and like it but am so far behind @ this point it makes me ill to think about it right now However, my Mom just got me a magazine focused on art quilts and it had an article on "altered books" You take a book that you enjoyed and add to it like scraps of loved fabrics, hand stitching, buttons, beads, photos transferred to fabric...well, just about anything you want...I don't follow directions for things very often either and this is right up my alley...my first project is going to be for my best friend for christmas...a page for each of her three children, her committment to Christ, her beloved St. Bernards etc....I am so excited to get started I hope 3&1/2months is enough time...I love my life but being creative seems to fill all those little corners and brings me a new sense of peace...AHHH ;-)

Old 09-12-2003, 10:46 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

ethansamuel is the kind of book you are talking about be a scrapebook you do this too, or another kind of book, and if it is another kind like what kind?

I have heard of the quilts you do that you add this kind of stuff but not a book.... sounds interesting......

how do you put photo on a quilt? would love to learn that do make quilts with pictures of the gkids, kids, etc.....