Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Country Music Fan!!

I'm a Country Music Fan and I'm not afraid to admit it!! Is there anybody else out there who is proud of the fact that they love Garth, George, Alan, Reba, Martina and all the rest????

I'm the only one in my house who likes country and I'm dying to talk to others about the latest songs, performers, etc.

So if you're a Country Fan, jump on in and lets chat!!

Last edited by klcrn; 03-21-2003 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:25 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

Are you a freak? Just kidding.

I can't say that I'm a big country music fan. Once in a while I'll hear a catchy tune and I'll like it. But I don't listen to it. I'm big on Oldies and Alternative (not the way out there stuff). I like old show tunes too. I do like Old Time Country. Some is just to twangy for me!!

Oh you should add a poll to this thread - what's you fav music - Country, Oldies, Rock, Hard Rock, Pop/Hip Hop - etc, etc. That would be fun!!!
Old 03-21-2003, 07:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Pinkie Winky Just call me "F" for short!!

I do like most types of music also--just about anything but opera, rap, hard rock--you know--that "head banging" stuff!! I can listen to most music for a little while but country is my favorite.

If country isn't an option--my family HATES country-then a good 70's--80's soft rock is a good alternative.

A poll would be fun--how would I go about doing that --I'm totally "computer challenged" !!
Old 03-21-2003, 10:03 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

I think you'd have to go to your first post (above) and click on edit. It should say on the bottom something about a poll - but I don't know if you can do it after you've created it. What you may want to do is this if you can't do it from the edit.

Go to edit. Copy your original post. Then go up to the top and click delete. Don't worry about my comments. This will delete this thread. Then go back to the thread list and create this thread again. Just hit paste and you're original comments will be there, then go to the bottom which I know there's a box for poll.

Make sense?
Old 03-21-2003, 10:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am a fan too!! My absolute favorite is Tim McGraw, I am in love with him. I am so excited because I am going to his concert on April 4th. I can't wait!! This will be my 3rd time seeing him, I saw him when he toured with Faith and another time when he toured with Kenny Chesney. I even have his calendar on my kitchen wall The funny thing is that when I was younger I swore I would never listen to country music. But when my daughter was born (she's 2 1/2) my husband kept CMT on tv at night just so she could sleep with a little background noise. Well, let me just say, I saw a lot of CMT with those every-three-hour feedings!! And then when I discovered Tim, well that was it, I was hooked
Old 03-21-2003, 12:43 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

HI!

MY 7y/o*well8 the end of june,is totally into Shania Twain,she listens to her ALL the time!She gets into her music with her attitude thing,you should see her singing to "Don't impress me must",she's a card! 4moms
Old 03-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I like alot of country music. I sing in a group that sings Southern Gospel and alot of it is played on the country stations and visa versa.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Exclamation YIPPEE!!!!

I FINALLY got the anntena fixed in my car-after over a year of trying--and I can now listen to my radio!!!! I've got a lot of CD's but you can listen to the same ones only so many times! Now I can hear the lastest country tunes as the car is the only place I can listen to counrty unless everyone is out of the house!!-except the 4 yr old--and that's only because I can still beat him up if he complains!! I"M SO HAPPY!!

I guess I can't really pick out one favorite singer--there are ssoo many good ones these days--of course Tim and Faith--what a couple!! They are both such "beautiful" people--seems like inside and out. Allen Jackson, George Strait and I'm really enjoying the newer guys--Rascal Flatts, and several other that I can't think of right this second--I'm terrible remembering names!! I know the songs and faces but can't remember who sings them--

My DH just picked up an extra shift at work today so guess what's going to be on the TV!! With all the coverage for overseas-(please take a moment to prayer for our military personal) there isn't much on TV and I can watch cartoons only so long.........
Old 03-22-2003, 07:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

OH!! I have a good one...

What do you think about the new song by Johnny Cash??? The first time I heard it, I almost cried. I've listened to Johnny since I was a kid and to see him so "old" just broke my heart--and then if you really listen to the words of the song--well-it just brings tears to my eyes. He was always so strong and "larger than life"--now he looks so frail, even his voice sounds "old".......

But I do like the song very much.....
Old 03-22-2003, 07:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

klcrn, I just saw that video on CMT this morning, the song is beautiful, made me cry too.
I was shocked at how he looked also, I remember hearing that he had something wrong but I don't remember what it was.