FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Idle Chit Chat! (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/idle-chit-chat/)
-   -   Mail Order Catalogs (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/idle-chit-chat/5807-mail-order-catalogs.html)

trainlady 02-07-2003 03:53 PM

Favorite mail order catalogs

What are your favorite mail order catalogs?
This is actually more of a request for help then just a curiosity question.
I normally buy a lot of gifts for Christmas and Birthdays through mail order catalogs. However, since we have moved, the catalogs I used to receive have not been forwarded to me. There were quite a few I really liked and ,for the life of me, I can't remember the names of but a few of them.
In telling me what catalogs YOU like , hopefully that will spark my pathetic 40 something year old memory! LOL!!!
I remember Chinaberry , Femail Creations and Current. There was one I would order really pretty address labels from....HELP and Thanx!!!
I like gift, stationery, greeting cards, cookbook, young childrens gifts and candy catalogs!
peace,train:daisy: :daisy:

sjnkcmom 02-08-2003 08:48 AM

good catalogues

Well, don't know if I'll spark your memory or not...I like the Veritas Press catalogue. They sell homeschool books. I love the Williams-Sonoma catalogue. Also Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids. I generally memorize all these even if I don't end up buying anything from them. ::-)::

MNNorsk 02-15-2003 02:47 PM

Over the years I have purchased many things from the Lillian Vernon catalog. She has unique items I never see elsewhere and they are not all expensive. Also, if you collect Betty Crocker coupons, their catalog is great. I got my whole set of stainless flatware with coupons and a few dollars.::-)::

Jeannie 02-15-2003 02:55 PM

My very favorite catalog is the Vermont Country store. They have things from your childhood as well. The have a paper and an online catalog..check it out.. you'll enjoy browsing through things and the products are quality products....

www.vermontcountrystore.com

I also like Old Pueblo traders catalog.. never had a problem with any of their merchandise....

and another favorite is Silhouette... a wonderful catalog.....

momtochase&zoe 02-15-2003 05:00 PM

Here's a couple that I like. They are great for little extras around the house and seasonal items.

Terry's Village

Tenderhearts and A Special Place

The Gooseberry Patch has the best cookbooks! They have cute things in their catalogs too.

Gooseberry Patch

I hope that helps you out some. These are some of my favorites.

Shannon:)

trainlady 02-15-2003 06:32 PM

You all have mentioned several that I remember. Thank you very much!
train:daisy:

momtochase&zoe 02-15-2003 06:40 PM

I forgot the one with all the address labels. I'm going to check out their website now. Their catalog has mostly labels but it looks like the website has other things too.

Colorful Images

Shannon

rosmith 02-15-2003 07:49 PM

I order things for parties, holidays and some gifts from Oriental Trading. We order clothes from Lane Bryant, JC Penney, Spiegel, Lands End, Eddie Bauer, Sportsmans Choice, Bass Pro Shop. Also order from Current, Sound and Spirit Music. Also ABC Distributing, but have to be careful about their expensive shipping.

Dadia 02-16-2003 10:56 AM

Some of my favorites I don't recall being mentioned yet are Crate & Barrel, Coldcreek & Talbot's, The Linen Source.

MrsCobbler 02-16-2003 11:33 AM

Favorite Mail Order Catalogues

I love the LTD Commodities catalog. They are a business to business catalog and ships to businesses only but the fun of it is if you have a friend that has a work at home business, have them order the catalog and order with them and as a group with others. I have done this a couple of times and it is fun to see what everyone ordered. They have very inexpensive items for the whole family. LTD Commodities