Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 12-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Assistant Moderator

I love to sit and my computer and write to this message board group and to another one.
I'm not good with grammer, or with spelling, but I love to chat and write,
my figers and mind is not always connected at the same rate, but my heart is true to it
I want to set out a goal this yr to write more... mostly about my life and experience, althought it hard to be open with others I feel this is something I can help others with.

I was asking about writing and sweet Trainlady told me there was these old thread so I came exploring to see what I could find in the treasure box, and Lo and behold I found some things.

Now is anyone else out there that would like to share thier wriitting tips with me for I need to learn all I can

I write in jourals, and write letters, in fact every yr when mom was alive I would write her a letter that told her what I felt about her durig the yr and thankful for, she loved receivng my letters and the day I thought she was tired of them and didn't write broke her heart.
so I started it back, in fact when she passed away I wrote a letter to her and put in her casket and I know she has that letter today in her heart as GOD would allow her to be able to read it I feel.

do hope there are others out IN FC land to share with

Merry christmas to each one of you
and what a great way to start the yr out with getting this group started again.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Bar-Bar,
Like yourself, I too enjoy writing very much!! I journal, write letters, lots of to do lists, Birthday gift book, Christmas Gift book and daily calendar writings.....and on and on! What would I do without pencil and paper!! The computer, on the other hand is new to me but I have enjoyed it!!

Are you interested in book writing? If so, what would you like to write about? Nagymom would be the one to ask about specific publishing questions as she has much more experience in that neck of the woods than I do. I wrote a book in 94 that took me a year to write! I was able to take a year off work to write and what a blessing that was!! I was not able to get a publisher but was happy about the accomplishment of writing it, nonetheless!
It's called "A Journey of the Heart......Riding The Rails and Reminiscing". It is about all my train journeys up until that point, the people I met along the way; and is intertwined with my childhood memories of growing up in the 60s.
My writing style has changed a lot since I wrote the book and of course being a decade older, it is funny to go back and read what was important to me then. Kind of the same feeling I get when I read my childhood diaries!!

Well, my husband will be home fo lunch shortly. I am going to go make some grilled cheese and soup then after I eat it's off to bed for my shift tonight.

peace,train royal blue
Old 12-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Assistant Moderator

Trainlady
would love to read your book, what would it cost for me to get a copy of it. as I feel there would be very interesting.

Quote:
Are you interested in book writing? If so, what would you like to write about?
well my friend two of them, daughter and dh thinks I should try to write a book, but it scares ****** out of me
they feel I have enought life experiences to write one, LOL
more of a testimonies about the hand I have been dealt,
and that maybe it could help others. but it scares me to open up that much plus I feel I would have a lot of slack from my so called sister. LOL we have a lot distance between us now, of her chosing. she sort of disowned me, then late said it was all behind her and forgave me that Ididn't listen to her and got my self into the trouble I did, but then she threw up alot of things in my face that I had no control over and she went her separate way once again.
Oh well that her life, but I think if I open up about my life as it would have details about her and my parents in it she would come out and fight me tooth and nail.
plus I think to myself why wouldn't anyone want to read about my life as they all have their own troubles, this is where others tells me this would help others to see they are not alone and how I survived it all.
I normally write about life experiences, and I do share alot but it the time and place and when it in a book it will become very open, plus my grammer skills stinks. but then a friend of mine has told me she would edit my writing and she is good at this.
so this year I am going to start writing and see where it goes.
as you can tell I do like to write and I am lengthy. can be very wordy.

you sound alot like me, I write on my calenders then at the end of year go back and write down the months and what happen to go into more notes.
I write on napkins, envelopes, and whatever, and I doodle alot too, I be talking on the phone and I will start doodling,
I see a peice of paper and it becomes a writing table or a doodle paper.
my hands has to be moving if my mouth or thoughs are, dh teases me that if you tied my hands I couldn't do a think tand that true
Old 01-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Bar Bar,
Most often, when your life has been full of pains, hurts, ups and downs etc.......it can be very healing to write them out. It could be in book form to share with family and friends, journaling for just your own eyes, or sometimes, even in a public forum such as this. It helps to get the feeling and the pains on paper.
It can be healing for your own heart and helpful to others who are maybe going through the same sort of hurts.
Sounds to me like you have a lot of life experiences to offer!
Start writing, girlfriend, in whatever form you choose!!

I am flattered that you would want to read my book!!!
There are 2 options. I could send you a copy and you could send it back to me, no charge except for mailing. Or, I could print you a copy to keep which costs around $10. It is 260 pages.
Let me know if you are interested and I can get a copy in the mail to you!!
peace,train
Old 01-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Assistant Moderator

I do write in a journal, most of my things.
yes I have lots of life experience
send off for the writting test it the one that someone mention from here, can't think of the name at the moment

how much do you think the shipping charges would be pm me and let me know and I will send you a check for it, for I want to keep it, and share it with others if u do not mind, and then if they want a copy of it I can let u know and they can order one from u too. ok.

I sometimes like to underline certain things in books for it has a meaning behind it and this way I can go to it again. know what I mean.

thanks dear.
looking forward to this book,
Old 01-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

What a surprise to run across this thread! I really must become more active again. :p

BTW there is another thread devoted to writing. It's :
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&threadid=3779

I LOVE to write! Everything I write is true life--I couldn't make up fiction if my life depended on it. I also know that when I DO write, it's God's inspiration because I know from experience that if I try to sit down and put pen to paper I can't write a coherent sentence unless "the mood" is on me. Does anyone else get like this? I have moments where I MUST get the story down. Then of course I MUST share it. I love sharing my stories and have several friends and family who are on a mailing list and they are very encouraging.

My big moment came last year when I was actually published! That story was about a true life encounter that my family and I had with a demon. (I do NOT believe in ghosts and have no doubt it was a demon. None at all). NORMALLY I write humorous stuff about the things that seem to happen at any given moment. One of my favorite Christian authors and humorists, Lizz Curtis Higgs says to "Look for the funny in each day". Let me tell you, it's there!

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 01-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Barbar,
I figure it would cost around $10 to print and $5 to mail!

I will gladly send you a copy!! Do you still have my address from the postcard and Christmas thread?
I will look forward to hearing what you think about the book and I do hope it will rekindle some of your OWN memories!!

Hey there Jayne, wher've you been, girl!!!???

peace,train
Old 01-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Barbar,
Your copy will be going in the mail next week!!

peace,train
Old 02-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Assistant Moderator

Donna as I have told you before I totally have enjoy your book. YOU are so good with your words and the memory is good good to remember the details.
when you are reading one of the stories of the train trip it like if you are actually taking the ride yourself.
I have laugh and have cried. I have thought of things that I have forgot about until I read it in your book.
My dh has enjoyed it too. we read it together as a team and talk about it as we are reading.
as he has been to lots of places before and this is really bringing back the memories, and for me it new experiences.

Have you ever thought about trying to get it published?
if not maybe you should think about it.

again thanks for letting me read it.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Bar bar
I tried to get it published with no luck. After awhile I gave up and was just happy with the accomplishment of writing it! I have shared it with all my family and girlfriends!
I think it is my writing style that is the reason for not being published. As you have figured out, I write just as if I were talking to you. That was my goal. My plan was not to be gramatically correct.
So, even though it is a good story I couldn't get any editor to read past the first chapter because of my writing style, or lack thereof! If I could have just got someone to read the STORY and look past my style.

I am honored you wanted to read my book and am so glad it is sparking some of your own childhood memories!!
And maybe someday you will ride a train and remember me!

Hugs, Donna