Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 08-13-2002, 06:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

What book are you reading right now?

What are you reading right now, and why? I am always curious to find new authors and why readers choose them.

Right now I'm in a light reading mode. I'm in the middle of Coast Road by Barbara Delinsky. I've just discovered her, quite by accident. I was waiting for a friend at the Dr.'s office and hadn't brought anything with me to read. The woman sitting across from me had just finished it and asked me if I'd read any of hers. I hadn't and she graciously gave me the book. So far I love how she writes.

Thanks!
Sharon

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:38 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Right now I'm almost finished with "Ancient Ones" by Krik Mitchell. It's a suspense murder mystery set on an Oregon Indian reservation. It's like Tony Hillerman's books. Then I'm going to read "Vineyard Blues" by Phillip A Craig, another mystery set on Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I don't know if you know but there are some favorite books listed under "idle chit chat". The only thing is that it's a lot about favorite cookbooks. I've listed several great books (not cookbooks) that I've read over the summer so please check it out. Here are two more I've currently finished and loved:

Blackbird by Jennifer Lauck
Still Waters by Jennifer Lauck

I'll continue posting on this thread rather than "favorite books".

Happy reading!
Old 08-13-2002, 12:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

sugarspicenpuppytails

What kind of writing does Jennifer Lauck do?

I am just being nosy about peoples current can't put down book. Most of the time I have 2 or 3 going at once.

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

2 or more books at a time

Yeah that's me. I usually having one book by my bed, one book in the living room and onther one going in the aaaa- library hehehehehehe

Right now I am reading

"Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham
"Tribulation Force" by Tim Lahaye (rereading)
"The Book of Splendor" by Frances Sherwood
(new author for me)

I just went to the library last night so have a whole new pile of books to read.

Sharon I have read several books by Dellinsky and have enjoyed everyone. Hope you continue to enjoy your book.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

stitcher45
I finished the Delinsky last night and just started David Balducci's Saving Faith.

I just reread Skipping Christmas. What a great book! I hope you enjoy it!

Old 08-14-2002, 06:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

The last book I read was The Runaway Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini. I found it to be a really fast moving, interesting historical fiction. I enjoyed it very much.

I've picked up a Jill Churchill mystery book called A Quiche Before Dying to start next. It hasn't grabbed me yet.

Oh! and I agree, Skipping Christmas was a delightful little book.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Last night I finished Skipping Christmas and finished rereading Tribulation Froce. I think I will stitck with The Book od Splender because it is good but it is going to take a lot of focusing. Lots of Characters and settings that intertwine. One of those books that you can get lost in. Love those kind.

Yes I really loved Skipping Christmas. I liked the way it ended. It was a good heart warming book.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 08-17-2002, 06:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I just finished Gap Creek and The Perfect Match. Unfortunately, I passed the books on to some others and do not have the name of the authors.....but they are definately worth the read!!
Old 08-17-2002, 07:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I read anything Nora Roberts puts out, along with her JD Robb "In Death" series. I'm currently reading one by Fern Michaels called "Plain Jane" but can't seem to quite get in to it. Nora has spoiled me for other writers! I also enjoy Kyle Mills, an author I picked up by accident, and Kay Hooper. I read very fast so finding good authors is imperative for me so that I can continue to have something to read! David Baldacci is very good too, although I've only read one of his. Tami Hoag is another writer I really enjoy. I will try out some of the authors listed here—some of them sound very good!

Closed Thread