Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Nine Year Member

Right now I'm reading three different books-I'm working on a 4 book series of Star Trek-Invasion, reading #3 Deep Space Nine-Time's Enemy.
Then there's Fern Michael's-For All Their Lives, a love story that takes place during the Vietnam era, in Vietnam partly.
Also, Defiant Hearts by Janelle Taylor, a love story during the Civil War-a woman spying for the Yanks and a Rebel soldier.
4th but not least an inspirational romance-Loving Constance by Lyn Cote under the theme Sisters of the Heart, I think it's the third in a series since of the three main women only Constance is not married yet.
They're all pretty good in their own way. As you can tell I like to read a variety of things. I rarely read true stories or 'intellectural' books unless I find them entertaining-which is the main reason I read. I want to be entertained, I want to laugh and I want to cry
take care all,
Old 02-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I've got several books going. They one I'm ripping through quickly is Jim Trelease's Read Aloud Handbook. A must read I think for anyone with children or anyone involved in a childs life.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I am reading "Just Kiss Me and Tell Me You Did the Laundry" by Karen Bouris. I started reading it about 2 week ago and set it in my desk. I found it last night when I attempted to clean the "mountain" of my desk. Pretty good so far.

Melly
Old 02-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Everybody..

I am reading Paperback Writer by Stephen Bly. It is a very different concept than I have ever read before. It's a bit of a challenge but I'll see where it goes.

Hi Pamela'shome...
I tried to read Skipping Christmas but was never able to get into it. I did not see the movie either. Did you? Did you like it?

Elaine
Old 02-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I called my local library today to see if they had "Gardenias for Breakfast" by Robin Jones Gunn but they did not But she did say she would order it and for me to call back in awhile and if it is in she will put my name on the waiting list and give me few days to get there to pick it up. It sounds like one I would be interested in reading. God bless all
Old 02-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Elaine, I read Paperback Writer a while ago,but I forgot what it was about. I remember that I liked it though.
Oh, Patti, that is such a good book. I had to have my library order it too. It didn't take very long to get it-a couple of weeks, I think. I reserve a lot of books off our library website. If I didn't I'd be broke! lol
Old 02-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sandie, have you ever read any books by Ann Rule? She is a former Seattle Police Woman. She writes true crime books. She wrote about the Green River Killer and one called Small Sacrifices, (which was made into a movie some time ago) to name a few.
Can you tell I like her? I like the movies made from her books too.
www.Annrules.com tells more than I can.
Have a great evening, Stormy
Old 02-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

They said today when I called that it would take approx 2 weeks to get it in. I am looking forward to reading it, since you like it and others seem to also.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:48 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Have you read any of her Sister Chick books? My favorite one was Sister Chicks on the Loose. It's about these two friends who decide to go on a trip to Helsinki Finland together and they have all sorts of mishaps along the way. It's a good one to read if you want a book to make you laugh. Take care!
Old 02-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ann Rule

Stormy I have a book called Bitter Harvest by Ann Rule I started it a few weeks ago and havent had a chance to finish it I also have 2 other books Ive started I hate when I do that,lol. Anyhow the Ann Rule book I picked up at our local supermarkets fund raising table, at the front of the store they have a huge table and people donate unwanted books, then you can look thru the books and leave a donation in a can, for the food pantry or animal shelter ,etc. its always a different place, so I put $2 inthe can for the book.I hadnt read any of her books before, so far this is pretty good.
Hugs Sandie

Heres a book mark for for anyone that wants one
Attached Images

Closed Thread