Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Cafe, LOL, my mom gave me that book, and when I told her how spooky I thought it was, she said that if I thought it was so real, then that proved that the book is a good work of fiction!
I couldn't argue with her on that point!
Old 11-09-2002, 06:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I just finished "A Child Called It", it was incredible. I also just finished "Billy Straight" by Jonathan Kellerman.

I read everything I can get my hands on and the library is one of my favorite places. My kids like to read too! My son is reading the Phillip Pullman series and my daughter is reading the "Misty" books.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Dale Carnegie's "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living".
Old 11-10-2002, 09:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I am currently reading Dr. Phil,Life Strategies...so far some of it makes sense. I also keep a few books going at a time...I try to keep the subjects different.

I keep all my favorites and reread them. I like Nicholas Sparks, John Grishom, and Joseph F. Girzone books, Joshua,Joshua in the City, Joshua and the Children.

When we travel we listen to books on tape, while driving...now we make sure we take a tape player with us for when we get to the hotel, we can finish the story. It makes long car trips great and we have even taken them camping when it is too dark to read or poor lighting. We make sure we have a book on tape for the trip back home....we have listened to many mysteries, James and the Peach, autobiographys, and we take turns picking books.

I have even read some books online that was fun too. Michigan has an e-book library that you can hook up to...all you need is a drivers license.

I have my son read at least 1/2 hr a day....I find he usually ends up reading longer because he got interested and cannot put the book down! At first he complained but now it is a habit and he enjoys it...it is so good for him, it really helps to increase your vocabulary and style of writting.

janet
janet
Old 11-11-2002, 04:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

i like to read mysteries,or dramas,i also use to read a lot of harlaquins,dont think i spelled it right,lol,but think you no what i mean,,i like a lot of mystery in my books,you get so interested in them ,,lol,you just cant lay them down,until,you find out just what happened,or how it happened so as the story goes..
Old 11-11-2002, 03:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I just started reading a new book...Taming the Dragon in Your Child, solutions for breaking the cycle of family anger. So far, it is pretty good and helpful.
Old 11-12-2002, 06:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Daisylady,
That book sounds interesting. Who's the author?
Thanks~!
Old 11-13-2002, 04:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

The author is Meg Eastman
Old 11-13-2002, 05:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I just finished MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE by Nicholas Sparks. Talk about a weeper!!! Hope to get started on THE RESCUE today.

Linda121345
Old 11-13-2002, 05:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Linda...I love ALL of NS books. You will LOVE "The Rescue" Have you seen any of the movies made from his books? They to are very good. He has a new book out, but I have not read it yet. I tend to read more in the winter time, than summer, so looking forward to the winter and getting all these books read. Cafe

Closed Thread