Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.25 average.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I just finished reading this book called 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
http://www.harpercollins.ca/global_s...sbn=0060541415
It was really a very good read. It's about a teenage girl named ginny whose aunt has died. The aunt leaves her these 13 little blue envelopes and she is to follow the instructions in each one before opening the next. It takes her on a trip through London, Rome, Denmark and other places overseas. I thought it was a really pheonominal teen read, and of course I loved all the 'abroad' stuff, it made me feel like I was there.
Fish3711

Old 01-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Felicia I read a book like that awhile back. I can not remember the name. It was about a young widdow who lost her husband and he left her letters to read every month for a year. It was a great story. I believe it was the authors first novel. Can not believe I can not remember the name!!!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 01-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Debbie if you ever remember the name of the book or author let me know. It sounds like something I would want to read.
Felicia

Old 01-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Felicia....sat here and thought on it for awhile and a light finally went off.

The name of the book was PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. I enjoyed it. It was not depressing and was a light read.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 01-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks Debbie. I added that to my book list. I am going to check the library first and if not then go to barnes and nobles.
Felicia

Old 02-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I finished a couple of books over the weekend.
Tamar Myers' Assault and Pepper is a funny light-hearted mystery with the main character -- Magdalena Yoder. For those of you who enjoy recipes this book has quite a few included through out the book. Assault and Pepper is part of Myers' Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery series.
I also read JA Konrath's Whiskey Sour. This was also a murder-mystery, but much more intense. Those of you who enjoy James Patterson's mystery books will like this author. The main character Lt. Jack(Jacquline)Daniels is a workaholic and an insominac, but still a very likeable character. Since this is the first book in this series it will be interesting to see how the characters develope.
Happy reading
Joy
Old 02-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Humble

I'm in the middle of reading "Love and Meatballs" by Susan Volland. Great book, thus far. It's about a young woman in a large Itallian family that owns a restaurant. The story mixes her work, love life, and a little mystery/dilemma all in a good balance. There's even a few recipes at the end of the book!

~Melanie
Old 02-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I just started reading this book called The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. I haven't read very far into it but I like what I have read so far.
Fish3711
http://www.kingsolver.com/bookshelf/...wood_bible.asp

Old 02-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Felicia, I have read that one and others by Barbara Kingsolver. I thought that one was very good, but it couldn't even compare to her earlier (& shorter) novels. One is called "The Bean Trees." I can't think of the name of the other one at the moment--but check them out!
Old 02-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks Barbszy I will. I saw on her website that I posted in my earlier post she had quite a few books published. One thing I like about her is her writing style and the way she narrates this book between several characters. I will definately read more of her books.
Fish3711

Closed Thread