Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 07-17-2018, 10:50 AM
Nine Year Member

Hello all.
We had thunderstorms
here today. We can really use the rain. I hope we get a bit more.
Nothing new here. Our deck garden is doing quite well.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 07-18-2018, 08:01 PM
Nine Year Member

Been a busy week with dr. appointments & blood work. Been so hot hate to go anywhere. Told the dr. to make dh. visits every six months since he has been doing so well. He agreed to call if things change to make a visit if needed. Been losing a lot of men this summer my next door neighbor included. Few months ago he was fine than went down hill fast. Sad after they have been neighbors since we moved here 29 yrs. ago. Talked to him every day about gardening.
He will be having a gathering to honor him in our Club House this weekend.
Seems the men are not as healthy as the women. We have been having showers every day too which we need.
________
Sueanne

Old 07-23-2018, 02:16 PM
Nine Year Member

So sorry to hear you are loosing friends, Sueanne. So sad.
I have been busy. Had some tests last week. Nuclear stress and an echo gram.
Had a get together on Saturday and then had the Grands for most of the day yesterday.
Being busy is good for me.
I hope all are well.
Having a rainy start to the week, but it is needed.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

Beverly Sills
Old 07-26-2018, 07:36 AM
Nine Year Member

I guess Frugal Today is getting leaner with the postings...I haven't been as faithful either...but I am friendly so I've come over here to chat with us all...

It is official that I have lost 40 lbs so far, with 20 to go. Sometimes it is hard to be motivated and I throw my trust onto the WW program that says to stay within the points guidelines and watch portions a bit. Portions are hard to do, I get so hungry at night when I have a lean day of eating at work.

Still packing breakfast and lunch, and the garden is providing fresh lettuce. Too many cauliflowers though! I will know better than to get a six pack of starts of the same thing next year! Definitely need to freeze some up before it goes to flower.

Glad they are keeping tabs on your health Laur with the tests and all.

Sorry Sueanne about the loss of your neighbor. Women are made of tuff stuff for sure. I do worry about my man even though he is only 60, twenty years from now will all that Pepsi he drinks catch up with him?

Pam, pineapple and coconut are great flavors for a cake in my eyes! Happy Belated Birthday.

Hello Meadow, what's up lately in your neck of the woods?

Does anyone think IB-Hill will come back again and post? It was nice to get some attention from the main company that runs this blog site!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 07-26-2018, 09:36 AM
Nine Year Member

Way to go on the weight loss Ellen. It is a constant struggle for me.
I have not sen any posts from IB-Hill.
I hope everyone i having a nice summer. Finally a day without any rain!

Beverly Sills
Old 07-29-2018, 06:39 AM
Nine Year Member

Happy Birthday Sueanne!

Beverly Sills
Old 07-29-2018, 11:25 AM
Nine Year Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUEANNE!!
Well, we've been getting rain everyday without fail.. yesterdays rainfall measured 2.22 inches, but it's usually been just under 2 inches.. We got some spectacular lightning last night.. thunder kept setting off car alarms.. LOL, at least it was still early evening.
The grass in our backyard is going to be as high as the fence if we can't get it mowed soon..

my sil's nephew got a car, finally, but now he needs to get it legal and then get his own license so he can drive himself to work.. Now if he'd stop losing his debit card so he can put gas in my or my dd's car once a week since we take him to and from work right now..

On vacation right now, for a week.. don't usually take this long, hate to leave work for too many days-I'm kind of paranoid about work, always figure they'll try to replace me.. this time I would not be surprised.. We had inventory last Wednesday, was a good one too-surprisingly. I'd been working a lot of OT to get ready, in fact, worked a 15 hour day on Tuesday.. Wednesday left almost on time then worked Thursday 11 hours.. but I did not get some things done because we were making things ready for corporate to be there.. they showed up Thursday instead of Friday. Then my vacation started Friday.. I know my assistant was mad when I left Thursday, and she didn't even know about my price changes that needed to be done, but I figure I'd worked 11 hours and had already told her I was leaving after I cleaned off my cart, before they decided an endcap needed to be gone.. Did not do the endcap, partly because I never got a definite answer as to which one, but I was pretty sure which one it was..
Anyway, don't know what kind of reception I will get when I go back to work next Sunday.. I'm going into the store tomorrow to pick up a couple of things from personnel and make an eye appointment.. need new glasses..

Take care all,
Pam
Old 07-30-2018, 06:20 AM
Nine Year Member

Happy Belated Sueanne!

I'm like you Pam...we don't officially have a change of shifts meeting but I do try to leave a sheet detailing what was done and what needed to be done, but not always, and when I don't I also fret while I am away...not so much anymore though...they can handle it and just let me know what happened when I get back...so I hope you can let this go and really enjoy your week off!

What all do you have planned? A vacation away or a staycation? I've done both and I like the staycations more.

Yesterday my husband and I took the dog for a short hike, she can't do much more than a mile anymore. We drove up to a state park with a mountain top bog area and hiked along the boardwalk...there were wild blueberries that we picked and ate as we walked, tiny and so sweet. The pond lilies were magnificent. Not much in the way of migrating birds yet. Lots of kayaks on the bog lake though, and campers. It was nice to see all the families camping, like we used to. I miss that part of life.

Elsewise, I didn't do any housework like I had planned, just read a book and cooked some nice meals from the garden. Hubby did some new antenna work with his ham radio. And ha ha! He was asked to join the Chicken Fat Operators club, where they chew the fat over ham radio, certificate and everything! He also has worked all 13 colonies and got a certificate for that.

Lauri, I think staying thinner will always be a struggle for me, they say exercise is key, but somedays I just don't wanna! And for many, exercise isn't a good option. I guess I will have to invest in an arm cycle when my legs do finally wear out.

Last edited by ellenmelon; 07-30-2018 at 06:27 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:09 AM
Nine Year Member

Ellen. just a staycation, but I had hoped that we could take a day trip to the NC Zoo in Ashboro but that looks like it's out partially due to weather and partially due to finances.. Hopefully we'll be able to swing it before my dgd heads back to school though. Already been to the local aquarium which is really nice and we go at least once a year.

keeping an eye on this rain right now.. got flash flood warnings on all our phones, from the NWS and the county emergency center, so I know the radar looks serious to them.. must be raining really hard somewhere since it's just a nice rain here with some lightning and thunder in the distance. I only worry about my gd working at the horsefarm.. she works outside mainly, but I know they try to stay inside when there is lightning.. my sil is away from home right now too.. but I don't know if he's at work-which is mainly outside for him, or if he's down the street at a cousins house.

I had thought about making a run to my store for a couple of things and gas, but it'll have to wait till after noon I guess.. I pick my gd up from work about 5:30 pm and sil's nephew probably about the same time today..

guess I'll try to get more work done on my genealogy today..
take care all, no matter what your weather is right now it can change in an instant..
Pam
Old 08-01-2018, 07:25 AM
Nine Year Member

That sounds really nice Pam! We have flood warnings here too. Thunderstorms for last week and this week. It was easy to weed the garden yesterday though because the ground was so soft and while the weeds grew fast, the roots were not firm.

I harvested a cauliflower, tomatoes, and many sizes of cucumbers. With a red pepper I can can up some relish tonight. If the beans dry out I'll do a picking on them. Garden beans are so delicious when fresh, tender and sweet!

My husband and I took a day trip to one of the local state parks, it was a twenty minute drive. And we were there about an hour or two, enough to say we want to go back again. On the way home we missed an exit and ended up going up and over the mountain twice! Ha! WE used the time to talk and catch up, something we cannot always do given I am tired at the end of the work day and just want to cook, eat, and read, then go to sleep.