Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 04-16-2018, 05:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Saturday & Sunday were beautiful but today is cold/crappy again.Hoping tomorrow is better
Old 04-17-2018, 07:29 PM
Nine Year Member

Hi all, hope this weather evens out soon.. hard to know how to dress, but at least I'm not worrying about snow.. LOL
Just had a good friend of mine move back to Ohio with her husband.. they decided it was time to move back to be near her parents.. her dad had a heart attack scare so that's where they are going to be for now. will miss her a lot since I don't really have a lot of friends here..

Had to get a dryer tonight.. sent dh and dd to get it since I should now be asleep (going into work at 5 and it's now 11).. they still called me and sent me pictures to make the decision.. of course the ones I wanted they did not have, except for the floor model. they ended up getting one that was more than I wanted to spend but we needed it.. Get it home and it won't perform the test they suggest doing before actually using it, but it seems to work OK.. we'll see ..

Everyone's taxes done??? Got mine done on Saturday.. knew I was going to owe.. thought I had it all done and found out tonight about the problem their system had accepting payments.. checked and sure enough mine had been rejected too.. resent it and so far, so good.. and we have until tomorrow night now so I'll check it again tomorrow and if there's still a problem I'll just have to print it and mail it out.. hopefully there's no problem though..

we have a guest staying with us right now, for now it's not my dd but my sil's nephew from Ohio.. he moved down here a week ago, transferred with McDonalds (kind of).. he interviewed and was accepted at a manager at a near by McDonalds.. he's supposed to be getting an apartment with a cousin who lives here but so far they haven't got it.. although the manager/owner says they have it and they've filled out the paperwork for it, but he's still here.. tonight he's working until 1am so my dd gave him money to get an UBER ride home.. His cousin has been bringing him home when he got off before midnight, but I guess 1 is too late for him..
and my dd wants to come back to us and finally get a job and start moving forward.. when she does I will be taking her to a local family attorney to start proceedings for a divorce.. it'll be hard to get custody of any of her boys without her own place, so she'll have to be patient.. first a job, then a car, then her own place.. could take over a year to get near the second and third but I'm willing to help her make that goal.. going to be rough though as her oldest son won't even come to see her at home up there or even just to make sure he has all his stuff from his step father's house.. something he needs to do while she's still there..
Well, got to get to sleep.. lots of work to do and 5 will be here before I know it..
take care all..
Pam
Old 04-21-2018, 07:25 AM
Nine Year Member

Hello Pam. Always great to hear from you. Taxes were done a few weeks ago. We owed as always. I hope everything works out for your daughter.
My brother and SIL are coming over today. Made up some snacky things to eat. It will be nice to visit.
Well have a nice day. It nice and sunny here.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 04-23-2018, 07:51 AM
Nine Year Member

Good morning and Happy Monday to all!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

Beverly Sills
Old 04-26-2018, 06:33 AM
Nine Year Member

Dropping in to say hello and keep this page going.

Beverly Sills
Old 04-26-2018, 11:22 AM
RETIRED -- DO NOT PM

Hi everyone!

I'm new to FamilyCorner and wanted to jump in on this conversation! Where are you two from and how long have you been a FamilyCorner?
Old 04-26-2018, 11:41 AM
Nine Year Member

Hello IB Hill and welcome.
I have been here since 2002. I am from Pennsylvania!

Beverly Sills
Old 04-26-2018, 12:04 PM
RETIRED -- DO NOT PM

Hey Lauri!

Wow... you've been a member for almost 16 years?! Very impressive. What has been your favorite aspect about FamilyCorner?

And which part of Pennsylvania are you from? I'm born and raised in Southern California but actually went to a smaller campus with Penn State during my first year of college!
Old 04-26-2018, 09:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Want to welcome you IB Hill. I've been here 16 yrs too. Love this group.
LaURI MY PUTER DIED ON ME sAT MORNING GOT NEW ONE AND
started using it last nite.
Sorry did not realize cap key was on.
Got to go to bed it is late
Old 04-27-2018, 10:23 AM
Nine Year Member

Welcome IB Hill. Lots of us have been here a long time. I think I found it looking for frugal ideas. Lots of us have made so many friends here. Great to see you Patti. Glad you've got a computer. I hope you are feeling well.
Dreary and rainy here but they say next week will be gorgeous.

Beverly Sills