Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 01-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy face

We're still in the deep freeze with more snow on the way and still going to be frigid as we still have windchill warnings up,and with my dogs it's quick out to potty then i get them right back in.New England is the winter play ground but,with this cold it's stay inside play ground,guess our new year is going to be a frigid one,everyone around here has been staying in.Hope you all have a very wonderful New Year,take care.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Nine Year Member

It is very cold here in Ohio as well. School starts back up tomorrow and I'm expecting a delay with the cold.

Roberta
Old 01-02-2018, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member

It is only 41* tonight but the beginning of some colder temps. tomorrow. Only hitting 50* during the day and 28* at night. Covered up my Moringa with extra coverings to play it safe. Picked enough Papaya green to have for a few days for cooking. They will ripen in the house on their own. Looking forward to the start of warmer weather coming soon in the New Year.
________
Sueanne

Old 01-03-2018, 04:17 AM
Nine Year Member

Wow Sueanne that is cold for you!
It is 3 degrees here at the moment.
Stay warm everybody.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 01-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Nine Year Member

Another cold night only 41* tonight but going lower. Did get some rain overnight glad no frost or snow. Bundled up my moringa trees in the large tub with an old bath robe with the cover over it. Should be back in the 70s next week. So far the Papaya trees are looking good. Lot of people are getting sick with the flu after visiting people in the Hospitals.
Ds did finally get the supplies he needed today for his Prosthetic leg. Different advanced products do work better for walking and sitting. Glad we have a good company to work with that listens to the patient.
________
Sueanne

Old 01-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Nine Year Member

Had a heat wave today, hit 20 instead of 1 so I did 2 loads of laundry! 3 more frigid days then 2 days of 30 are in the forecast.

Roberta
Old 01-04-2018, 09:00 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Seems like cold weather is everywhere. Big snow storm here in Maine today with some areas getting 65 mph winds. I ended up getting the day off from work because so many children were not coming to the daycare due to the weather. I am grateful for that because it is snowing hard and supposed to get worse as the day goes on. I have already filled my bird feeders twice! Hungry birdies out there!! It is nice to be home in my cozy house while watching it snow outside. My husband has the day off too as the health center he works for is closed for the day due to the weather. Hoping everyone who is in the storm area is safe and warm that those of you who don't usually have this cold weather warm up soon.

~Mother Theresa

Old 01-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Nine Year Member

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 01-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Started snowing here last nite little after 9 and did not stop till around noon. This ole gal is not even going on porch,
super cold. Plus can not afford to risk falling. Stay warm all
Old 01-06-2018, 01:50 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We got about a foot of snow. Now the bitter cold has arrived. The joys of winter in Maine!

~Mother Theresa