2017 Friendship - Page 2 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 01-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Nine Year Member

Good morning to all. It's a beautiful day here in AZ, and warmer than usual for us. That's nice for now, but it does make me wonder about summer. We had literally weeks of 100+ degree weather last summer. I am hoping to get some serious organizing done--I know--a familiar refrain this time of year, but the paper tiger of filing has gotten scary around here! And there are lots of other areas that need organizing as well.

Sharon, will be keeping you in prayer for your upcoming surgery.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Nine Year Member

Happy Friday to all. Anyone have any weekend plans? If weather permits dh and I will be going to my folks tomorrow. My brother from new Hampshire will be there.
I hope all are well.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 01-13-2017, 04:30 PM
Assistant Moderator

Sharon hope all goes well with your surgery, never a fun time.

Meadow, what type of confections do you make? I'm a cardmaker mostly but I've done a few crafts here and there over the years lol ... as we do.

Happymumof4, congrats on the new addition to the family, babies are always fun. I'm still waiting for the Granny thing to happen.

Suanne I think I'm going to find my self a net to put over my vege garden I had so much trouble with grasshoppers and sunburn on my plants this year no matter what I did, I guess in hindsight I left it too late.

Bluebird I love having a chat to the ladies and 1 guy at my local library but I guess when you're low on staff it doesn't let you chat too much.

Sandansmom, we are now in that hot humid summer time, I hate it I'm glad it mostly only last a month or 2 lol.

I have 1 more week of summer holidays before the kids go back to school and that's when I go back to work, it's been a long hot summer can't wait for it to cool down a bit.
ds2 has changed the date of his wedding to Sept 2018, he says they need that little bit more in the bank, he's my money wise child lol

Have a great weekend all

Old 01-17-2017, 06:00 AM
Nine Year Member

God morning. Dropping in to say hello. It is so quiet here. Hope all are well.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 01-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Assistant Moderator

We survived the ice storm. It didn't get too bad other places had it much worse. Dh had a outage this morning. After riding line and trying to figure out what was wrong it had nothing to do with the ice.

Did I tell you that I shut down my massage business? I am missing it but it was such a hassle. The salon owners told me how and what to do, then the clients started in. Everyone know more than I did. I am just working at the library. Need a job that pays more but the only jobs are minimum wage jobs. Taking time to work on myself and figure out some things.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:15 PM
Nine Year Member

Dealing with Gastroparesis

Spent the day at the hospital with ds. The doctors and nurses were very caring and that they could ease his pain with strong meds. Took loads of tests to make sure it was not a heart problem or something else. Since He was diagnosed with Gastroparesis years ago have been trying to find ways of keeping his body healthier. Being Diabetic increases risks of other ailments that we cannot control. Best to go and have it checked out. Glad we have hospitals close by that we can get to with a cab. It is hard to hear a loved one in pain no matter how old they are. Dh was glad we were back home by dinner time. He was sad to see us leave this morning. Hopefully He will continue to feel better with the new medication when needed. Glad He is feeling better and back to his old cheery self.
_______
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2017, 04:02 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Good morning,yes we had freezing rain and snow overnight so things are a bit icy out there and our plows guys have been doing a great job it won't last long as our temps are on the rise.Next week we will be in the 50's which is a big change for us as we're usually in the low teens and with alot of snow so this weather is so very welcomed.Hope he feels better soon as i have a friend has diabetes and so does their daughter you have to be so careful,hope all works out well.Got everything for my spring crafting projects and have my craft room cleaned out,and i got my molds for my easter confections.Hope you all have a good day,be careful out there.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:22 AM
Nine Year Member

Ds is finally starting to feel better probably was the flu. No one ever tells you that someone in their family was just sick and had to go to the hospital until they hear that you are now. Glad he had his flu shots already could have been worse. There were so many in the ER was afraid I would get sick too. Been taking the Moringa so had plenty of energy to deal with was going on that morning. Sitting in a cold hospital and hearing someone just died from a heart attack was upsetting. Brought a load of quarters to get things from the machine while i was waiting. Could not believe what they charge but it is handy. Felt stiff from sitting so long on the hard seats in the ER watching what they do for him even had my jacket on was prepared.

Hate not being unable to get out since I don't drive anymore. Glad my sis took me to the store for a few things until he can. The weather has been beautiful in the 80s so that helps to make you feel better going outside.
Time to make the morning smoothie to keep our bodies moving.
Have a good day everyone stay well.
_______
Sueanne

Old 01-20-2017, 11:22 PM
Assistant Moderator

Sueanne I hope your son feels well soon

I'm so over the 37*C temps with 72% humidity days and the nights, you do nothing but
sweat it out no matter how fast the fans are going ... And they say our summers are
only going to get hotter as time goes on, yik!

Stay well and warm everyone

Old 01-21-2017, 06:06 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Good morning,it's a bit chilly here this morning so i whipped up a coffeecake just put a little cinnamon and fresh blueberries in it,that hit the spot can't wait counting the days till spring.Been working on a few spring crafts and got my spring curtians made now i have to make my neighbor a set for her livingroom she's getting the material and i'll make hers.Hope you all have a good weekend,take care.