Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 09:53 PM

Nov 2016 Friendship

Happy Thanksgiving.

I am thankful I am still on this earth.
Attached Images

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Nine Year Member

Happy November to all.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 11-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Nine Year Member

Hi all,,hope everyone is planning a great Thanksgiving.. My plans are always up in the air due to work and I just checked the day is really screwed for me..
My schedule for Thanksgiving week has me working Saturday (my usual day off), off Sunday (I usually work), regular schedule for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.. Thanksgiving day I'm scheduled 1 pm - 10 pm and Black Friday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm; the only good thing about Friday's scheduled is that I would be able to get in on some of the early morning sales if I wanted to.. I will talk to my manager about the weekend though.. I prefer working Sunday.. Hopefully he'll just say he forgot and fix it, otherwise he'll tell me that there is no one to schedule for Saturday and that I need to work Saturdays.. that will suck big time.. But hopefully it is just until we get another person hired to work Saturdays..

Other than that horrible news things are Ok around here.. since Matthew went through the weather has been nice and it's starting to get cooler too.

had to spurge for a new printer yesterday.. I was going to get it for Christmas but ours died.. so I got the one I was going to get for Christmas.. the Workforce for $99... it's got everything I want and need.. including fax.. our last printer didn't have that and we usually have something to fax once a month so it's easier to do it at home..
Our new car is doing great!! it's nice to drive and doesn't take lots of cash to fill up.

I'm thinking since I'm working Thanksgiving afternoon and evening that we won't have a traditional Thanksgiving.. we'll see.. I do love my turkey and fixings; but I'm thinking about doing oysters and shrimp instead.. maybe hot dogs/hamburgers for the kids.. something simple and easy to do.. we'll see. We may end up having turkey on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving since I'm off. I might do a turkey breast and the fixings with that..

Is everyone else planning a traditional Thanksgiving dinner???
Take care all,
Pam
Old 11-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Nine Year Member

Flea Market Sales!

Went back to the Flea market sale in our development since it is right down the street. The parking lot was full at 8:00 this morning. Everyone left with bags of things and big items. We went about 10:00 so we wouldn't be knocked over.
Did get some plants that were still there from the gardening club sale. I liked the snake plants that I bought had good roots. Cut some back to use indoors in a planter. Can re pot the cut leaves to make more plants. It will take a couple of months for them to grow new shoots. They are suppose to clean the air quality in a room especially in bedrooms to sleep. Also bought a hanging large begonia bush in pink that I will make cuttings from too.
Purchased a smaller hoe for a dollar to go in small spaces.

Did get some pretty white blouses that had beautiful trim around the neck line. Found some pocket books in brown and tan leather like new with plenty of pockets to store things in. With cell phones and glasses always need a place to store them for $1.00 a piece. Found jewelry especially stretch bracelets & earrings reasonable.

Had Xmas cards boxed 20 cards with matching envelopes for $1.00 bought five boxes. Lots of household trinkets for 25 cents. for Xmas too.

Eat a large hot dog on a bun grilled and a drink before we left they are always a sell out smell so good. Got back at twelve when it was over.
_________
Sueanne

Old 11-07-2016, 04:38 AM
Nine Year Member

Sounds like you did quite well at the flea market. They are always fun!
Happy MOnday to all.
Dropping in to say hellop

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

Beverly Sills
Old 11-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Nine Year Member

Took dh for his Dr. appointment glad ds was able to take us early in the morning. So far the Dr. is happy with dh blood report and using the coconut oil & papaya in his food. Seems to be keeping him healthy with diabetes. Was surprised being Italian he does not eat spaghetti only chicken with egg noodle soup, had a good laugh. Like this Dr. very easy to talk to.
Think He might be one of his oldest patients so he likes to hear what works for him.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:53 PM
Nine Year Member

Looks like the Flea Market sale made out pretty good $4,000 for the two days for donated items.
Had some work done today by one of ds friends I met at the Flea market. He was happy to come over and fix a couple of my sprinkler heads that needed to be repaired. He is coming tomorrow to install a kitchen led light fixture that I bought for over the sink. Suppose to give more light with less electric and longer lasting. He is even fixing my screen door in the kitchen that needs new screws from use. This time might even use gorilla glue to keep them in.
Felt good to have someone to fix things around the house who cared and didn't rush.
________
Sueanne

Old 11-12-2016, 06:11 AM
Nine Year Member

Glad to hear the flea market was a success, Sueanne.
Happy Wekend to all.
I am going to do a bit of relaxing today and I am going to bake and cook tomorrow.
Have a fabulous day!

Beverly Sills
Old 11-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Assistant Moderator

Stopping in to say hi. I have been busy and not getting notices, I think.

Happy November to all.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Nine Year Member

The sky has been beautiful the last few nights at sundown. Amazing that everyone can see the same sky no matter where you live.
_________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Closed Thread