Nov 2016 Friendship - Page 3 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 08:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Thank you all it is nice to be back here too. I was nit getting notifications but am noow.
Judy & I will be having Turkey Breast, Cranberry Sauce
potatoes in some way as well as Sweet taters, Lesuer (sp) Green Peas, dressing and pie. Maybe Egg Nog to drink
Old 11-21-2016, 01:22 PM
Assistant Moderator

Ms Patti, it a delight to see your charming face back on here. as you always loved this thread, as wel as the games.

Thanks Miss Money Penny.. and Sueanne.
about your comment about daugher and me.

Lauri, I enjoy staying busy, it helps me to keep busy from aches and pains, and depression.. As ya know I couldn't do much when John was sick and then I had the girls.. now I figure it should be my time.. and thankful for when the new great grandbaby I don't know where or what will come my way..
sometimes I go so fast I forget to do things as I forget about it.. but I am having fun and
totally enjoying life..

Pam, I hope Santa will bring you a new computer.. I know my is gettng slow but I think it just needs to go to the shop. Hope that is all it is.. each time I thinking it should go it either corrects itself or funds go elsewhere.. Plus I had my kindle I could rely on, but it finally broke down..so it's bck to the compute so
my fingers are cross it will go sometime after the 1st of the year.

Discussion was made I am going to my daughter for Thanksgiving.. I was concern about going due to funds, and then later the gentleman that I help out was down.. He went for a MRI and we are waiting to see what doctor will say.. but informed me he be alright and for me to go.. How long I will stay with family will depend on if I am needed back.. If not hoping I can just stay till the 5th.. Since Revealing party is the 3rd, that way it will keep me coming bac home and going back up there..

yesterday was my son's bday, and Melissa posted about her brother.. when I read it I just cried.. as I miss my son, never thouht he would be the I couldn't' turn to.. but John always said there be a time I wouldn't like him much and I guess these years without him is a part of it.. I'm just so thankful my daughter turned her life around and is a pleasure to be around.. It's strange to hear her say she a " Momma's girl" and to see the excitement in her when I said I could come.
Just shows you never give up on hope.. things can change, but one needs to stay in prayer and allow things to be in GOD's hands.

May you all hav a Happy Thanksgiving.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2016, 04:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-24-2016, 04:45 AM
Nine Year Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my great Family Corner friends.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 11-24-2016, 04:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Bar-Bar what a sweet thing to say. Yep always liked it "here". Judy & I had a late T-Day meal. Hope all have hd a good day
Old 11-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Nine Year Member

Made a 13 lb turkey today with all the trimmings. Everything smelled so good cooking even Dh wanted to know what time was dinner. Ate dinner at 5:30 so had plenty of time to prepare everything. I use papaya in my turkey with apple slices. The meat was so tender came right off the bone. This was the first time the legs were so big they fed the three of us. Made the bread stuffing in a small roasting pan with a cover. Did it different grated a whole zucchini in with the bread cubes & broth from the neck bone with celery & onion. Also cooked a tray of whole stuffed mushrooms, sweet potato & mashed potatoes. Used a barbecue flavoring on the turkey to give it a different color & flavor. The pan gravy was tastier. Have plenty left for a couple of meals.
Finished cleaning up all the dishes, pots and pans can relax with a cup of coffee & pumpkin pie.
I am sure everyone enjoyed their meal too. We were 81* today!
_________
Sueanne

Old 11-27-2016, 07:01 AM
Nine Year Member

The weather has been beautiful this time of the year in central Florida. It is cool in the evening warm to the 80s during the day. My grape vine looks so beautiful with the autumn colors. The rain tree in my back yard is loaded with colorful flowers. It is awesome to see how fast this tree grew that my neighbor planted.
My papaya tree that grew from a seed in compost is getting taller.
Should start getting fruit soon. Will keep it covered if the temps get to freezing in Jan & Feb. Still getting leaves growing on my Moringa trees. Froze a bunch to keep me ahead until the next batch get enough to cut. Made my smoothie this morning using the figs I froze last summer they make the drink so tasty.
Have a good day everyone.

Attached Images

Last edited by Sueanne; 11-27-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:55 AM
Nine Year Member

Another beautiful day today hit 84* with humidity of 52% cool tonight 66*. Went for my blood work this morning was there at 8:00. Hopefully everything comes back with out problems. Came back ate breakfast and made our smoothies for the next couple of days. Did get a shot of B12 haven't had any in a while. Everything is still flowering and the fruit is ripening on the trees. Stopped a Dollar General to get some more storage bins to put summer clothes away and organize things. Keep out a few for the warm days still around.
Have a good day!
_________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2016, 03:45 PM
Nine Year Member

Hi all,
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.. now I'm ready for Christmas, well almost.. Haven't really shopped yet. Got some stuff out of layaway, but it was all household stuff we needed and picked up a new toaster oven yesterday.. now I'm going to try and concentrate on Christmas presents..
We had cool weather over the weekend but today it got warmer and it'll be warm till the end of the week.. might get a little rain tomorrow night and then the weekend will start to get cooler again..
take care all,
Pam
Old 12-01-2016, 12:44 PM

This thread is now closed. Please join us here for Dec. Thank you.

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/i...riendship.html

Closed Thread