Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Old 09-03-2016, 12:24 PM

September 2016 Friendship

Happy September Everyone!!

Children are back to school. Canning and freezing veggies and fruits is in full swing. So far we have canned 14 qts of tomatoes, made 2 batches of fridge pickles and have 6 pts of roasted tomato marinara sauce frozen. There are only 2 of us so we don't do a lot. Give tomatoes and cucumbers to neighbors.
Attached Images

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello September! Where did August go?

I hope that those of you who live in states that have changing leaves will post some photos! I miss this time of year the most!

Felicia
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2016, 03:56 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

We are camping this weekend. Cool but beautiful weather. No hurricane issues here.

Felicia will post autumn pics next month. Here in Pennsylvania the leaves change more in October

We have a busy birthday month. Dans sister and mother have birthdays this month. Both my daughters and my bil have birthdays this month also.

Have a wonderful day every one

Charlotte
Old 09-04-2016, 05:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Charlotte! Camping is so much fun! Enjoy!! I'll be looking forward to your pics next month.

Fall is my favorite season. Which is funny since I live where we don't have it! So this time of year I get all mopey!

Today I am babysitting Ava. We are going to go shopping once she gets here. Next weekend I have her over night!

This month I have 2 of my daughters who have birthdays. One is tomorrow the 5th and the other is the 13th! I had 6 of my 7 kids in the fall. The odd man out is my son Will who was born in July like me.

Looks like the storms are pretty much gone. It's still gloomy out though.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Felicia

Old 09-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Nine Year Member

Enjoy your day with Ava. I love the fall as well.
Charlotte have fun camping.
Catching up on tivod shows and being lazy. Made my guys a nice big breakfast and we are having BBQ type food for dinner.
Have a great day.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 09-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Assistant Moderator

Just joining.

I am ready for fall. This humidity is something else.

I make jelly last week. My garden didn't do well so I don't think I will be canning salsa. I will be canning hot pepper butter for us and to sell.

I am trying to sew but it is so hot in the craft room. This room just gets hot.

I bought about 80 skeins of yarn at a yard sale yesterday for $31. Very exciting!
Old 09-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Assistant Moderator

went back to read Aug thread since it's been awhile since I was here.

thanks Connie and Pam about the dress and the ministry

Felica hope the job works out well for you and cong on getting it
Noticed you have problems of wearing bifocals as well seems to be the same reason I do. I can go without them, things are dimmer, but up close the glasses comes off.
I do feel as I get older I may have to swollow and try wearing them as I hate having to use them, then taking them off and sometimes mis placing where I laid them..

Pam, sorry to hear about your husband aneurysms.. the waiting game is no fun, as you know been there went thru that.. did they tell you what size it should be before they would do surgery on him?
Goodness Gaby is 14, time flies by.. Happy Birthday to her
It's normal for you to have your ups and down Pam, with Grief.
I still get that way over my parents and John, and mom went first back in 09 ( well my bio dad went first, but I don't count that)

Sueanne, that dye does make one feel lousy, it always did for John at least.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Assistant Moderator

Now here the news of what I've been doing. LOL

On Aug 24th I got a wake up call, I knew I better answer the phone due to the person that was calling normally would not call that early. When I answered I learned it was a bittersweet with excitement news.
My vice queen of my red hat chapter informed me I got to start packing
I trying to wake up to all of this to let it chill in my mind what she was saying and I wasn't dreaming. It darn on me I had to pack now, cancel plans, as I was leaving in the morning to go to San Antonio red hat convenience, and it was all paid in full. Another lady that was planning on going had to cancel due to being sick, she tried to sell the ticket but no success, so my vq asked if she would give it to someone, and the lady said she would.. that someone was ME..
We left on Thursday morning and we left on Sunday.
all I can say it was like a cruise ship on dry land. something every single moment of the day.. and so many red hats and purple clothes except for those that were in pink hats and lavender clothes which we call our pink hat ladies, ( under 50)
About 1200 to 1400 ladies.
Our first day was Mexican
2nd day was a Paris Evening and dancing
3rd day was Western with going to the Kibble Ranch for our BBQ meal,
taking about busses, girls, so many to transport us..
We received breakfast and supper free that went with our ticket.
BBQ was extra price

Now you may asked what was so bitter about this experience.. well
I had to cancel going to Tyler to be with the ladies in my pageant, going to my daughter, turning in paperwork for the pageant, and fast packing.. as I said we had to pull out the next morning at 6:30 am..

When I arrieved back home on Sunday, I had to pull back out on Tuesday to go to Plano ( an hour half drive) to get paperwork turned in, and stayed with my daughter while I was there.. and came back Thursday as that evening was the ministry for our grief group.

Fri I came down sick but doing so much better now. just wore out but doing ok.. and got to hit the streets tomorrow getting things done and some bills paid..

well that the fast lane for me, will be back again later, but not sure when.. so much needs to be done this month for the pageant for next month.

Hugs and friendships
Old 09-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Nine Year Member

bar_bar, Sounds like You had a wonderful time. Enjoyed seeing all your photos on FB. Happy to hear that they gave you the ticket to go with them.
Life is all about enjoying yourself while you can. Get some rest before you takeoff again. Thanks for sharing! Your friend, Sueanne

Old 09-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Bar_Bar - I saw some pics too on FB and it looked like you had a great time. Sorry you got sick!!! I hope you get well soon.

So far my job is fine. I'm just a cashier, which is what I wanted to do. Something simple. Because I have so many other things going on that I can't take a job that is demanding.

Around my town we have had these car break ins going on for while. All the different neighborhoods were getting hit. They finally hit out neighborhood on the 4th about 4am. And we have security cameras that record so we got it all on tape. Two of my neighbors got robbed of things in their cars so we have to burn the video to a stick and they are going to bring it to the police. We have the car on video and 2 guys who walked in our yard checking to see if the car doors are locked and they walked right in front of camera on the cars so you can see who they are. Dummies. If you are going to be a thief, be a smart one.

I got to skype with my daughter and grandsons who moved back up north. I have never used that before. But it was nice to see them. Also torturous because I wanted to hug and kiss little Noah.

Hope you all have a great week!

Felicia