Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 10:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie - I would love a library job!!

Felicia

Old 07-26-2016, 11:24 AM
Assistant Moderator

Felisha, I really don't like the 0 tolerance as if someone hits you one should be able to stand up for themselves, but they can't.. I have my son and my granddaughters get themselves in trouble over the 0 tolerance as they were defeating themselves..

Connie I'm glad you got a job that you enjoy, you needed that.. when one works for the city they don't get as much money as most thinks.. but if it is stress free that is great, and another opporunity may come from it that you may met and like you and want you to come work at thier place, who knows..
Wishing you the best.

Tonight I will be starting a refit zumba class, looking forward to that.
to those that are on facebook, come look at my pictures I posted this morning,I'm not telling no one but One of those pictures will be used in my program book so pick your favor one out..
My daughter took the pictures and I believe she did great..

well I need to soon be getting up and go run errands aNd then get ready for class aS I need to be there 5:45 pm..
Old 07-26-2016, 12:25 PM
Assistant Moderator

I want to file for divorce but I need to be able to support myself first. Jasmine has been sick too. I haven't said anything about I think. She has inflammation in her brain that is putting pressure on her optic nerve. Normally it is a easy fix with meds but one doctor ( she is seeing six ) doesn't want her on it. It is a long story. Short story is the med that she takes isn't covered my insurance. I need more money. I need less stress in my life. I am trying with the kids help, to finish all the unfinished home improvements Gregg has started. Like I said a long boring story. I feel like my life is a complete mess.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:46 AM
Nine Year Member

Connie....hang tight....saying prayers and thinking great thought for you. I hate when doctors disagree. It really makes me mad. I have that with my 2 lung doctors. Puts you in a tizzy. Saying prayers for Jazz. I am always here if you want to vent. You know that.
Sending you hugs.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 07-27-2016, 02:10 PM
Nine Year Member

Was up early this morning try to get some things done outside before the sun comes up out front. First thing this morning the light bulbs burn out in both bathroom ceilings. Always keep a selection in the garage cabinet in different
watts. Took out the ladder from the garage to reach it. Glad I have solar lights in the ceilings so the bulbs last a long time and keeps the electric bill lower.
Ds cannot climb a ladder with his prosthetic so he held the ladder while I climbed the two steps. Couldn't believe how hard it was from not doing it for so long. Seems like it is harder than going up steps with the rungs so narrow.
Leaning your knees against the ladder really hurts for balance.Was afraid to use sandals so used sneakers which are too stiff. Reaching above unscrewing the light cover & putting it back is the hardest. Glad I didn't have to get up and down with ds there. Think we laughed more that it took two of us to put a new bulb in. We sure miss having my dh doing all the little jobs & big that he did over the years. Was telling my next door neighbor this morning he said he would have gladly helped before. He was there with his arm in a sling cutting shrubs with his good arm after a pacemaker being put in a couple of weeks ago. Told him to take it easy. Every day with a house there is always something that has to be fixed or replaced. Lets see what tomorrow brings.
Take care everyone!
_______
Sueanne

Old 07-27-2016, 08:22 PM
Nine Year Member

sounds like everyone is going through some rough times, at least a little bit.. but you all are strong ladies and you will come through everything thrown at you stronger... I believe my trials will also make me stronger in the end..

Even though my job can be such a pain, I really do enjoy it.. just like to have a bit more control over things and not have my departments look like a bomb went off in the middle of them.. LOL My store manager let me have a whole days OT to try and get a handle on my regular depts., I swear it didn't really look like I had done anything, although I did get new yarn out.. got some really nice new yarns this season.. Today I got my clearance yarn, at least most of it, marked and ready to put out.. got a couple more boxes to go through.. My co-manager said he'd like it all cleaned up by tomorrow, so I will try to do that..
I got a new assistant manager this week.. my old assistant got a promotion to co-manager to another store.. all my assistants, at least the last 3 have been promoted out from under me to co-managers this year.. This new assistant is also named Pam, which makes things confusing.. When they call for Pam I automatically answer.. got to make myself be quiet until I know for sure who they are calling for.. Also, she's right off the street.. no retail experience, she has food experience, but no retail experience and this gets to be a bit awkward, but we'll get past this and she'll lose some of her stiffness..

News on Jim's adoption search.. nothing concrete yet, But.. he had a couple more 3rd cousin matches on his DNA.. I wrote to them and got a response from one guy with private trees. He fully believes with the DNA evidence that they are indeed 3rd cousins and with them both matching another person (who is second cousin to this guy), he believes that they are related through his birth fathers family (he's adopted also).. He does not have any of the names we've been working with, but he gave me a different name for Jim's possible birth mother. Now I've got to get this info out to the adoption groups I've worked with and see if they can find any info actually linking Jim to this woman and her family.. DNA does not lie, so we're on another adventure with this new info..

Tired and I really need to close and get some sleep, but I'll probably play a couple of games until the news comes on, after the Dem. convention.. these people need to time their speeches to end at 11 pm.. LOL

Night all, take care,
Pam
Old 07-28-2016, 04:44 AM
Nine Year Member

It is always so good to hear from you Pam. I always like to hear about people liking their jobs! It is kind of rare!
Suanne my dad has a prostesis as well. Has had it for some 23 years I think. Amazes me what he does.
Nothing going on in my neck of the woods. Wanted to stop in and say hi!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

Beverly Sills
Old 07-28-2016, 04:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie - Sorry to hear your having problems. Insurance is terrible! Husbands can be a pain in the **** I hope that you find the income you need.

I was lucky to spend the day with my grand daughter Avalyn again today. We went to beach for 5 hours and met up with my best friend and her Grandson. I'm wiped out. Ava is still fine! LOL

Felicia

Old 07-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Nine Year Member

Today was the hottest day this month really was hot about 97*. It is 85* now which is still hot for us. Went to my primary dr. this afternoon. Everything was good except gained a pound which they hate. Told him try cooking for three people always making dinners even if you don't feel like cooking. Been going to him for fifteen years so he understands what i am saying and feels good to see his instructions have worked over the years. Have to make appointments for mammogram & colonoscopy which I hate.

Norma, We have enjoyed our 26 years in Florida. So happy we moved when we did. We came for a visit to check Florida out after reading about it in the A.A.R.P magazine. The developer was offering a three day stay in a model houses for free. There were a list of other ones too that we checked out. We were so enthused we picked out a lot and a house design before we left. When we got home everyone was so surprised when we put our house up for sale. It sold the first day in the paper. We moved in a couple of months. We rented a house until our house was finished being built three months later. Enjoyed seeing all the houses built in our section. I never missed the cold weather or the high taxes. We were able to live cheaper and have a new house to enjoy.
Even my Mom was happy to have a room for her to come every winter.
It does get harder to keep up the pace taking care of everything & everyone as you get older. Lucky I have good neighbors who look out for each other so you don't feel alone. Never was sorry moving into an over 55 development.
Glad to see you are getting things organized. Welcome to Florida! I am happy you have family that you can live with.
______
Sueanne

Old 07-29-2016, 04:42 AM
Nine Year Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUEANNE!!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Beverly Sills

Closed Thread