Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 05:20 PM
Nine Year Member

Lauri! Congrats to your parents! We will be celebrating 62 yrs. in Nov too. Not too many lasting that long today! Been busy with Dr. appointments for all of us. Glad ds can drive us. So far Dh is getting good reports from the eye dr. and his primary. Never be what he was ten yrs. ago but holding his own.

My Brother had a scare the other morning with his heart racing and indigestion. Drove himself to the nearby hospital to find he had a blood clot in his heart. They did all kinds of tests and gave him medications and sent him home after a couple of days. Seems like my both sisters and my brother who are younger than me have heart problems. Threw me for a loop wondering if I will be next. It seems that it came on them suddenly without warning. With the heat glad I have good central air conditioning. We have been having late afternoon showers that help cool everything off to 80* tonight.
Take care everyone!
_________
Sueanne

Last edited by Sueanne; 07-21-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:16 AM
Nine Year Member

Sueanne keeping your brother in my prayers.
And congrats to your and your hubby as well. 62 years is a long time.
I think my folks are so cute. When they bicker it cracks me up.
Connie I saw your pics on fB.
Happy Friday to all.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 07-22-2016, 04:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yes congrats Sueanne on 62 years!

I am off to the beach for the day with my granddaughter Ava.

Felicia

Old 07-23-2016, 12:28 PM
Nine Year Member

Lauri congratulations to your parents on 63 years.. hope we make it that long
and Sueanne congratulations to you and dh on 62 years too.. it is unusual to find couples still together that long.. but I'm seeing it more and more lately

thanks for the prayers and thoughts for dh.. he's doing his PT, although it's like pulling teeth to get him to do his exercises at home twice a day.. as hard as it is to get the gk's to clean their rooms.. LOL told him today that he really needs to concentrate on doing this if he wants the strength back in his arm and leg..
Seems that I made things worse when I requested a referral for a neurosurgeon closer to home.. The primary dr talked to the surgeon and he told her that Jim would have to go to Chapel Hill, NC because that's where they do aneurysms.. they called us with a # to call.. Well, that's ten times worse than having to drive to Myrtle Beach, SC.. it's about a 4 hour drive one way and we'd probably need to stay overnight just for an eval.. not to mention if he had to have surgery.. I mean, the neurosurgeon never even saw him.. just talked to his primary and got some info she had from the hospital. but we have the CD on his MRI/CAT scan-don't know if the primary was able to get that to him.. I do know that I'd better not get a bill from him for consultation, cause I will not pay him at all.. and I know that there are neurosurgeons in our area that do the surgery because of the people I've talked to.. Will get a few more names and dd is going to call around and see if she can find a neurosurgeon in Wilmington, NC who says that they normally do the surgery here without sending patients to Chapel Hill, NC..
In the meantime, he will do his PT and he had a neurologist appointment in August, if we don't have a local neurosurgeon by then, hopefully she'll be able to help with that.. please keep up the prayers.. I'm still hoping for a healing rather than surgery..

Work is Work.. they tell me that 'back to school' is my Christmas but they don't give me the help that Christmas gets.. they have pulled people from other areas the last two days, but I keep telling them that they need to hire people specifically for back to school time, so that area can be taken care of like it should be and my other depts. and reports don't suffer like they did last year.. Falls on deaf ears..
My first associate left about two weeks ago in a bad mental state.. personal and not work related, haven't seen hide nor hair of her, and I worry about her a lot.. My second associate is now a cashier and I'm getting an associate transferring to me from another department, starting Monday.. still leaves me at least two to three days a week with no one but me in the department and I'm hoping that they are still trying to hire another person..
Oh well, tomorrow I will go into work with a mess left at my fabric table, unless they actually have someone show up to work there today.. but they'll have them mostly in back to school.. Last Sunday I had fabric bolts all over the place and such a mess at the fabric table, my store manager acknowledged the mess by saying that anyone and everyone was cutting fabric. You'd think they'd catch on that cutting fabric calls for someone in the dept. every day.. but no...

Was hoping to go see the new Star Trek movie today, but dh didn't wake me.. I wanted to go to a 10:15 am showing and then to lunch. I was awake at 7:30 am but went back to sleep, guess I needed it. I wasn't too keen on leaving my gd alone for 4 or more hours either, since her mom's at work and her dad is off for the day (him knowing that we needed to get a part for the car we drive so the headlight will work).. anyway, now I'm hoping to go on Tuesday when I'm off again.. like to go early in the day so dh doesn't fall asleep to easily and can enjoy the movie and lunch.. Hopefully no one has any appointments on Tuesday..
Thanks for 'listening'
take care all,
Pam
Old 07-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Assistant Moderator

Lauri to your parents as well to Sueaane and hubby for 62 years. It sad marriages doesn't seem to last that long any more..

Sueanne, hope your brother is doing better, have you have your heart check to make sure how it is..

having a hard time tonight, it either goes to far up and don't want to scroll back down. or pages get's killed and have to reload.

Pam, sorry to hear work is a pain to you.. it's making working unpleasant when things does't go smooth..

It's nice to be back home again, came in last night.. Enjoyed being with the family.

more later, I'm beginning to get sleepy and can't think to well.. so I need to turn in for the night and Morning off to church I go... Looking forward in seeing church family again..

May ya'll have a beautiful tomorrow and first day of the week. Hugs
Old 07-24-2016, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I've been busy with family.

Sueanne I hope your brother is doing okay. Can't believe he drove himself to the hospital.

I started a new thread for the August book club if anyone wants to join.
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/b...book-club.html

My granddaughter got kicked out of daycare at the school. So I will watch her until school starts. I have a job interview at Home Depot this week Friday. That'd be a good job for me. We shop there often so I'd love the discount. It's for part time. If I get it, I will be juggling babysitting and a job for a bit.

Yesterday was one of my son's birthdays, he is 23 now.
My youngest is 18, boy time flies!

Felicia

Old 07-24-2016, 03:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

Wishing you the best in the new Job Felicia.
like to share what your gd did to get kicked out, or was it them.. so often they don't see a reason for what was done, and without listening they just kick out.. other times it could be the other child and not thier's..

Time does fly by so fast.. hard to believe the girls are 16 and 17 with the grandson being 14...

the other day when I went to the luncheon for the pageant, I learned that there be 21 ladies involved and I believe out of that # about 5 of us are new.

the Luncheon was so wonderful, and met some lovely ladies..

each of the new ones including myself had a hostess to sit at the table with us, to get to know us, and to indrouce us to the rest of the girls..
Mine was a joy as I was with her. In fact she said she had met her match in finding someone that could talk as much aS she did and was a people person.. I thought that was odd as I figure we were all people person in being one of the contestants
I met my roommate,

yesterday was my red hat chapter outing to a train/trolley depot and museum.
I learned Sam Houston was babtize in a river 100 years before I was born, which I found very interesting.

Today was church, our pastor is in the hospital so we had another gentlemen that goes to our church to bring the message.

See ya'll later,, have a lovely week.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Bar_Bar I was told that she was in a fight with another child. She didn't start the fight but she did hit back. She has been in trouble 2 times before this for 'hitting'. She plays too rough and it's a no tolerance school. The other child got kicked out too. I don't condone hitting but I do think people take situations way out of context and do teach resolution. I personally would have kept the kids who keep fighting and playing rough separated.

I do not have a job.....yet. Just an interview. Right now my job is eBay, babysitting and I clean a few houses in town.

Felicia

Old 07-25-2016, 07:41 PM
Assistant Moderator

I found out today that my library aide job will always be minimum wage. The librarian makes minimum wage also. Wow. I love this job. Low stress, I really enjoy the work and the people. I work ten hours a week and that will not change either. It works for now but long term I don't know. I thought the librarian would have a higher wage.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:34 AM
Nine Year Member

I am glad you like the job Connie. I would imagine you are awesome at it. Sounds li ke a goodjob. To bad about the money. I always tell people it is more important to be happy with the job after the he++ I put up with before I became ill. It was awful. So I am so glad to hear of someone that likes there job. Sorry to go on about it. Andnow I will mind my own business.
We are still in the 90's here. Staying in as much as possible.
Have a great day girls!!!!!

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills

Closed Thread