Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 08:30 AM
Nine Year Member

So nice to see all the posts. So glad to hear that you like your job Connie. That makes things so nice.
Pam keeping your hubby in my prayers.
Felicia I love flea markets. So your daughter is in MA now. I remember going to Quincy market years ago when the kids were little and we had lunch at the Black Rose.
Still hot and humid here. Staying in other than checking my deck pots.
Have a great day.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 07-18-2016, 09:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lauri: Yes my oldest child is back in MA. That is where I was born/raised and she was born there too. She is living with her Grandfather and taking care of him. As well as working at Hobby Lobby up there and taking care of her 2 sons and husband. I have another child who lives there too. Another is in CA and one in TX and 3 are here in FL with me.

Looks like it might rain. I was going to do laundry but I won't since I can't hang it out.
Anyone else hang out there laundry like I do?

Felicia

Old 07-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Assistant Moderator

hanks ya'll..
Connie that's great Jasmine and Jeremiah all pitch in and gave a helping hand..
Love craft fairs, as well as flea markets

I was up at the daughter and grand's last week, and had to return home Fri where I could help the queen council to price and get ready Saturday for our Craft fair we had with the Senior Citizens.. then Sat I helped with that with supper with my red hat Miss Kitty group and then to go to church that I had been missing for the last 2 Sundays and then be goign back tomorrow back to thier house..

Pageant Lucheon on Thursday, the 21st but was thinking that was on a Weds. until a friend informed me it was Thurs.. LOL, thak goodness for that.

I've been thinking of doing a facebook page for those that been wanting to follow me, but I have mixed feelings and have no idea what to call it..

Right now i'm looking for sponsors to help me with me getting a page in the program by donations... I have a few business that is sponsoring me which Is a help..
I'm working on pictures and will have alot of pictures done while I'm up there as the son in law has been doing photography I found out for 10 years.

I'm going to get a picture

1)of myself with my frogs
2) picture of my grandkids and daughter with me
3( picture of my grands by themselves with me
4) picture of my daughter and me togethr

reason for those laSt 2 as I do not know how much I will get to have my own page and I may have to shorten the amount of pictures so doing it both ways to play it safe.
5) of course a picture of my chapter
6) I want to get a picture of the ladies in my church around me..

To bad I couldn't gather yall up to put around me as well.. LOL.. now that would be the talk of all talk.. but fun to be together, but not enought hours in the day to get alot done.. LOL..

Then while I'm there Melissa will be working with me on my dance to make sure I'm doing it correctly..

I just wish John was here to see this new adventure,, I know he would be pleased how I have stepped out of the comfort zone to do this..

I'm still looking for dresses and dance outfit..

I better get my behind up and get busy and finish packing to leave in the Am as I need to make a few stops before getting there..

see ya'll when I get back.. but am busy Saturday with my red hat chapter..
I now have 16 ladies ...

I miss John, but I am moving on with my life and enjoying it, while there is still time left..

I would still like to do alot more, like traveling, and who knows that may occur.l and has some since I have gone on 2 vacations with my daughter now.. Last March was to TN.. another old story there.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:30 AM
Nine Year Member

Great hearing of all that is going on Barb. Hugs to you.
It has been nice out the past two days. We have the windows open. The AC will more than likey be back on tomorrow when the humidity returns.
Just wanted to drop in and say hello.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

Beverly Sills
Old 07-20-2016, 08:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lauri: I can't wait to be able to open the windows again! It is still too hot here.

I found a small dresser/night stand that someone was throwing out. It had 2 drawers. I just took the dresser part not the drawers. I am making it into a dog bed for my little dog Emma. She is the one my daughter left with me. She is tiny, smaller than my cats and weighs about 5 lbs. I think she will like it.

Felicia

Old 07-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Assistant Moderator

Photos Felicia? I need to finish Quigleys bed. It is made from a pallet.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie: I will take before and after pics and post them here and facebook when I am done.

Felicia

Old 07-21-2016, 05:32 AM
Nine Year Member

The windows are closed and the ac is on. Having my folks over on Sunday for a cookout for their Anniversary 63 years! Mom loves grilled burgers and dogs so we are sticking with that. Going to get some shrimp as an appy and found a recipe for an asparagus appy.

Have a great day friends.

Beverly Sills
Old 07-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

63 years! Wow! Congrats to your parents Lauri!!!

Felicia

Old 07-21-2016, 08:16 AM
Assistant Moderator

Lauri that is awesome, 63 years!!!

Felicia I am hanging out laundry today. It should dry fast the heat index is suppose to hit 111 today. Considering the temp downtown was 108 yesterday I am not surprised.

I have a week to decide if I want to enter open class projects at the fair.

I cut my hair yesterday. It hasn't been this short for a while. It isn't as short as I intended but I think the gal was nervous about cutting too much off. Most of the very dry is off.

I found two toads and two praying mantis this morning. I found the praying mantis in May I think. They were so tiny. They are living in my mint. One is turning green so they are mates!

Closed Thread