Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 07:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lauri: Fireworks are legal here. We started at 8:30pm when it wasn't even dark yet. The cops got here at 930pm and we had about 15 mins left of fireworks that we sent off because they told us to go ahead.

Felicia

Old 07-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Assistant Moderator

A neighbor finally stopped at 2 am July 4th. Then someone else shoot fireworks off unitl after midnight on the 5th.

It will be official tonight when I talk to the salon owner. I am packing up at the salon here in town. I will give a massage tomorrow then pack up. Her mother took over the salon I guess. I don't know what is going on. I will try to stay at the other salon for a while but she is difficult to work with. I am a little sad but so tired of being told how to be a massage therapist I don't tell them how to do hair and nails.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Nine Year Member

Another hot day today. It is 96* now with humidity at 46% with a wind at 1 mph. Should go down to 77* by morning then we start all over again. Need some rain showers bad. My figs all ripened up already. Glad I froze them until they start again in a month or two.
Took Dh for his checkup yesterday glad he is still doing good. Going to have his
ears cleaned by the Dr. next week. Will start softening it a little ourselves so it goes easier for the Dr. The cars get so hot when they are parked outside in the Dr. parking lot for awhile. Makes going out in the heat unbearable. Happy to come home to a cool house.Take care everyone.
________
Sueanne

Old 07-06-2016, 06:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sueanne it's been unbearably hot here. Our humidity is at 93% today. My dh has one of those weather stations outside with a monitor inside so we can see the weather, wind speeds, rain fall, humidity and more. It's been depressing looking at it. Too hot. Too humid. Right now a storm is coming in. Lots of lightning. I hope it rains. I am not looking forward to the next few months.

Felicia

Old 07-06-2016, 08:21 PM
Nine Year Member

I really hate not getting posts from FC.. after my last post on the June thread I didn't get anything except from the weather thread.. Oh well, it's not going to change I guess.. just have to keep coming to the site to get to the threads each month..

Other than that, we had a nice 4th.. dd and her dh and youngest dd went to a cousins house during the day, went to the local parade and fair and had a good time.. They came home before the fireworks cause they were tired and hot, even though they probably spent most of the time indoors.. I worked but brought home shrimp and crab legs for me and dh, and frozen Chinese for my older gd. We enjoyed it and I had leftover shrimp for lunch today.

We've got appointments for Jim next week, primary care dr on Monday (looked them up and they're one of the most expensive drs in the area, will be asking about their bill.. since my Dad's old dr is in the same building and is almost half their price), therapy on Wednesday.. dd will have to go with him there since I'll be at work, then Thursday we're keeping the appointment in Myrtle Beach, SC with the neurosurgeon they referred him to, but I will request that he refer Jim to a dr in Wilmington because we can't go to MB, especially if surgery is recommended.. I can't get to the hospital down there every day.. Need drs where I can drive easily.. We'll see what happens, I'm also considering writing the hospital administrator complaining that the drs there seem to have no regard as to what the patient wants, where referrals are concerned.. we'll see how things go next week..

I was going to work overnight next Sunday setting Back to School, but store manager decided to set it today, so lucky me I don't have to work overnights even one night.. will be pulling out Back to School merchandise that the overnight crew doesn't get out though.. At least I have a girl during the day right now, so I can use her for a lot.. if she can speed up a bit..

dd has to take one more class to get her BA. She took Criminal Justice last semester and the teacher is accusing her of plagerism.. so she took the F he gave her (he wasn't even the original teacher scheduled), one of her other teachers talked her into taking a class that she teaches online and she can make payments since she can't get loan money for one class..3 credits; told her I'd give her $200 toward the class-that'll be her birthday present.. She was so ready to be done with writing papers and such, she usually gets good reviews on her papers and power points but I think she's kind of burnt out right now, hope she gets through it OK.. got to get it paid for completely before she can get her diploma though, hopefully we can get that done so she can be done in 2016..

Take care all,
Pam
Old 07-07-2016, 04:38 AM
Nine Year Member

So sorry you had to move your business Connie.
Pam keeping your dh in my prayers.
Very hot here Sueanne and Felicia. I can only imagine the Florida heat.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 07-07-2016, 06:16 AM
Nine Year Member

Just checked the weather this morning it is 85* now with only 1 mph wind the humidity is 77%. Always beautiful at 7 in the morning everyone walking to beat the heat. Notice all the old timers are staying away from the outdoor pool concrete is very hot even though it is coated. Best to go to the indoor pool.
Went with ds for his dr. visit. Like this dr. he is very caring. He was the dr. in the hospital that took care of him when he lost his leg. He is right across from the hospital so made the time to see him every day. Likes that i come to the visits so we can discuss things to help him. I would call him on his cell phone if they were not taking care of his leg properly when He was transferred to a rehab center after surgery.
Sad to meet neighbors that ds. knows that couldn't even remember his name anymore or mine. Their wives were having a hard time handling everything.
Glad to stay home today and get some vacuuming done and odds and ends.
Take care everyone.
_______
Sueanne

Old 07-07-2016, 06:53 AM
Assistant Moderator

Laurie I am not moving it. I am shutting it down. I give up. There is another MT who charges half what I do. I don't know how she can make a living on that. I am still in a salon in a different town. I don't know how long that will last either. She is controlling and passive aggressive.

Felicia our weather has been the same as yours. The humidity is so high.

LOL I went down to set up for my massage. The ac is off. I don't know if it is working or not. I turned it on and left. No reason to set up if I don't have ac or if I can't get it cool enough to work. Crazy.

Last edited by bluebird; 07-07-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Pam: I have that problem too, never getting FC notifications. I didn't know there was a weather thread.

Connie: It sounds like it is a good idea to shut down. It's too bad you couldn't work from home! Save a fortune on renting a space.

Sueanne: The humidity is killing me. Gives me headaches. Summers are the worse here. Up North everyone dreads winter, here I dread summer. I just looked at my weather station and it says it is 91 outside with 62% humidity.

Lauri: I am not sure where you live but Florida heat is not like most places. It's so hot that I hang my laundry out to dry and 30 minutes later it looks like I hung barbie clothes on my line! Ha Ha. No seriously it is hot and humid.

Felicia

Old 07-07-2016, 08:08 AM
Nine Year Member

Felicia I am in Tannersville, PA (The Poconos). We get the bad humidity but not ike you. Jersey is pretty bad with the humidity as well. We have the AC going when it is like this. I stay in because of my health.

Have a great day guys.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills

Closed Thread