Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 06:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy Birthday Sueanne!!! Thanks for sharing your story about moving to Florida!

Felicia

Old 07-30-2016, 12:07 PM
Nine Year Member

glad you are so happy in FL Sueanne, if I had the opportunity to move back to FL I might.. but not to the south, would have to be in the country and probably in northern FL.. but it's not likely to happen any time soon..

Got some conflicting information about my dh's birth family. We've been going on the info my mil gave us years ago.. names and all.. the woman who was supposed to be Jim's birth mom is real and everything about her was true, but no acknowledgement from her about his birth or adoption, didn't even admit to knowing Jim's adopted mom.
WELL, enter DNA.. several years ago my sister sent Jim a DNA test through Ancestry.com . He tested and got the results and a long list of possible 4th + cousins.. No one I contacted from that list had any of the names I mentioned and knew as much as I did or don't about DNA so they couldn't really say if they were cousins or not..
A few days ago I checked out is DNA lists again and found two new 3rd cousins listed. Emailed both and one answered back, saying that they were definitely 3rd cousins and that Jim would be 4th cousins with another person they both matched, this new guy is second cousin to the 3rd one.. Anyway, this new guy, John, is adopted also.. he located his birth Mom about 3 years ago before doing DNA but she hasn't had any contact with him. He does have contact with some of her family though.
Well, he did DNA fairly recently and found his birth Dad through DNA, unfortunately he was deceased so John never got to meet him, but he does have contact with some of his family. Through DNA he has contact with this second cousin, who would be Jim's 4th cousin. John has received family tree info from this second cousin on his fathers side of the family. John believes that Jim is related to them both through John's fathers family.
He and his wife feel that Jim's birth Mom is Phyllis Frances Sheffer, her mother is Pearl Sheffer and her aunt is Minnie Frances Sheffer..
I haven't had a chance to really research these people.. but I have to believe that DNA does not lie and I also hope that my mother-in-law didn't totally steer us in the wrong direction all these years.
I have sent all this info to one of my reunion groups to see what they say and I'm going to try and do some research on these people myself tonight.

Other than that, it's still hot.. we've had some thunder and it got cloudy but the rain went south of us totally.. got a picture of the rain shaft in the distance. The pills to get rid of fleas are still working on the dogs, which is really nice. Gas went down another penny and life goes on..

Take care all,
Pam
Old 07-30-2016, 01:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow Pam that's a lot of information to search through. I hope you find his birth Mom and at least know who it is, even if they do not want to contact you back I think knowing just helps.

Felicia

Old 07-30-2016, 05:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/b...book-club.html

August book club for those interested.

Felicia

Old 07-31-2016, 12:27 PM
Assistant Moderator

Connie, I do hope and pray all be alright with Jasmine. Hate to hear she not doing well..
I hope things will get better for you.. seems it been a long hard battle thru the years with him..
and hopefully a job will come along you will really like and will pay what you need,

Sueanne, you be carefully climbing those ladders.
My daughter and family was thinking of going to Florida for vacation, but not sure if they still are or not.. as my daughter's dad lives there..

Pam...I have to agree with you,
Quote:
you all are strong ladies and you will come through everything thrown at you stronger... I believe my trials will also make me stronger in the end..
I also believe the same, thing.. sometimes it doesn't seem that way, but as time goes on you do see that you have became stronger..

do hope you find the information you need on the DNA and seaching for the your husb.'s birth family.

My birthday was great, and today was a good sermon.. Going tonight to a sing along with two of the members at church, as one of them will be involved in the sing along. We going to give her support, and then to enjoy the homemade ice cream social after wards.. Not had home made ice cream in so long, I'm not sure when it was.

Yesterday was my queen council luncheon, and I got $40 in sponsorship.. as I am trying to raise enought money to have my own page in the program book.. I'm almost there but not yet, and time is running out.. but am working on my layout for the page in case I can get the money to have a full page..
Found two dance costumes, but it still didn't strike me to BUY at me, so not sure if I will go back and get one of them or just continue to look.
well it's geting close to change into clothes that I will be wearing tonight as the other lady wanted to wear pants but didn't want to be the only one.. so I agree I would too.. She is older than I, and she really wanted to go tonight so I agree I would.. I know I will enjoy it..

Ya'll have a great week.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:03 AM
Assistant Moderator

Pam, how do you get DNA tested on that site? I want to know about the Native American line in my family. My uncle admitted to trimming the family tree. My aunt, uncle and father all look more Native American as they age.

I am still job looking. It is hard to be told you aren't good enough. I am a great person and a good worker.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie I was thinking about going to ancestry.com and doing there DNA thing too. I also have Native American Indian in me and am curious as to what would come up.
I have found that now that I am in my 50's it is harder to find a job. I have not worked out of my home in about 5 years. I got asked why, lol. Well I didn't have too and I was busy helping my kids and watching grand kids but it's time to go back to work outside the home part time. I have found that when I am up against a younger person and they don't have half the experience in retail that I do, they still seem to get the job. Even though I am really more qualified and safer, I won't be calling in sick because I was out clubbing or want to go to the beach. I am not saying all young people do this but a lot do. I have no kids to worry about or responsibilities and I'm a safer bet on showing up, lol.

No grandchildren today so I think I will go mow my yard.

I hope everyone has a good month of August! I don't know how July zoomed by so quickly.

Felicia

Old 08-02-2016, 11:19 AM

This thread is now closed. Please join us here for August. Thank you.

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/i...riendship.html

Closed Thread