Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Leisure Time > Idle Chit Chat!

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

treckmom, sorry to hear about your hubby. Hope all goes well with him.
soaking the pads in alcohol does seem to work.

connie, never heard of ice dying,

well I leave tomorrow to head to daughter, until Tuesday.. My daughter now has her son living with her, along with her ex husband due to his health got really bad, and the new husband understands and didn't mind helping out..
I really do like my new son in law.. They been married for a year now, and the grands are sure are growing, the youngest gd just turned 16, and the oldest one back in April turned 17 and recieved her first tattoo. I won't wear them but there are some pretty ones that tells a story out there.. Her's was pretty, a tress that stood for strength, nature, and soemthing else, that I don't remember off the bad.

Got my hair cut yesterday, makes me feel alot cooler, but waS not happy with the cut, but that's ok, or it will grow out, and by Sept I need something really cute for a event I will be involved with.. and want to really look good.

So I am hoping while I'm there we can go looking for a long dress for me to wear for the event.

Ya'll be safe and
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2016, 02:46 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy Thursday. Not much going on here. Will try and get some reading done today.

Charlotte
Old 06-30-2016, 03:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning! I am so happy to see so many of you back again!!!!!
Really makes me happy.
Looks like another beautiful day today.
We are having a party for my three grands on Sat. I am so looking forward to it. Hamburgers, hotdogs, vegie burgers and all the fixins'. I am making two ice cream cakes. One is in the freezer now and I have to pop it out of the springform pan. Wish me luck.
Well wanted to drop in and say hello. Have a great day.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 06-30-2016, 11:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Pretty hot today 93* wind 3 mph humidity 50%. Went outside after lunch and trimmed my garden around the fruit trees with the weed eater. Got a lot done before the string broke. Ds picked about 14 cups of figs just today. These trees are really amazing. Been freezing bags already. Be glad when my pomegranates start producing. Looking forward to some rain today everything is pretty dry.
Take care everyone.
________
Sueanne

Attached Images

Old 07-02-2016, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My daughter [Oldest child of mine] left Thursday and moved back to MA. She got in finally at about 5am this morning. I miss her a lot already. So now I just have the 1 grandchild here, Ava, who is 5. I will miss Maddic and Noah so much. Noah is at the funny stage, he repeats everything you say and he calls me Grandma's House. Not Grandma, but Grandma's House. So when he left, he said Bye Grandma's House! He was excited about the big truck.

My burn on my leg is finally looking better and has a scab. I think it was the silver gel my other daughter Tehgan gave to me. [Pronounced like Megan but with a T].

Sueanne it is hot here too. I mowed my back yard for the BBQ we had before the kids left. I didn't do my front yet. It has been raining a lot. I will get to it today or tomorrow.

Lauri: I love parties with my grandkids!

Hi Charlotte: I've been reading A.D. 33, great book. I read the first one A.D.30 which was equally fantastic.

Bar-Bar : I want shorter hair. Mine is really really long. I have wanted to cut it for a while but every time I say I am going to my husband has a fit. I keep telling him that I don't complain about the fact he is going bald and has me cut his hair to 1/4" long all over, he shouldn't have a fit over me cutting my long hair off. It's so hot! My hair is so long! I wear it up in a bun anyways because it's too hot. I saw a pic on FB, if that is your recent hair cut I thought you looked nice!

Pam: Glad you were able to get an appointment for Jim. I remember the days of inventory. All that counting. Even though we had people come in and do the count, we still had to count. I hope your inventory goes well and that you can get caught up on your paperwork.

I think today I will list some eBay stuff and later get the lawn done if it doesn't rain again.

Felicia

Old 07-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

sounds like everyone is kind of busy right now.. that's good, keeping busy.
haven't made Jim's appointments yet.. can't get up with anyone.. playing phone tag with the therapy people so stopped trying for now.. no car to use anyway. Haven't heard from the dr at the hospital re: the results for Jim's heart echo.. drs assistant never called, that I'm aware of so we tried calling yesterday and no one called back.. was going to have dd call on Monday, just remembered Monday is the 4th and no one will be in the offices so we'll try for Tuesday.. need to change the neurosurgeon appointment to one closer to home for sure..

Inventory went OK, but my craft dept. inventory was way, way high!! haven't a clue as to what wasn't counted or whatever.. personally I believe that some on hand changes I tried making the last couple of months never got made... they never believe when we tell them we don't have something, especially something with a large #... but honestly I would have expected a problem with my stationary dept, rather than the craft dept. Oh well, at the moment no one seems really upset with my #'s.. I know there are higher #'s in other depts., and the store with inventory the day before us had way higher #'s than I did in both depts. Now, just have to get product on the floor and do my reports for the next week before 'back to school' starts..

Was going to put in for some vacation time, but I may wait until we get Jim's dr appointments set up.. we'll see.. I have two days off together right now, todays the second day and I'm trying to relax and rest, but I honestly don't sleep any better.. go to sleep late and wake up earlier than I need to..

What's everyone doing for the 4th?? I'm working until 3:30 pm and then will be at home with dh and maybe oldest gd.. dd and rest of family will be at cousins house enjoying the festivities.. Southport, NC is the 4th of July capitol of the world.. well, at least NC.. They've been having stuff all week with the main festival this weekend and fireworks Monday night.. dd is going to have to pick me up from work though, which hopefully won't cause her problems getting back to cousins house.. lots of traffic.. foot and car in Southport on Monday.. with some roads closed..

thinking of picking up some shrimp for me and dh for the 4th, at least we'll eat something we like and don't often have.. we'll see..
Take care all,
Pam
Old 07-02-2016, 09:19 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Pam, so sorry to hear about your dh but keeping you both in prayer and hope the doctors can help him. Glad your inventory went well.

Sueanne, the pool sounds wonderful and the pictures of your figs are amazing. I love figs.

Felicia, ice dying sounds really cool. I will have to look into it as a possible project for the daycare children. We have done tye dying so maybe that would be something different to do. Sorry to hear your dd moved back to MA. Being separated from family, especially your children is hard. Glad the burn on your leg is healing. I had the same thing happen to me - huge burn on my calf from a motorcycle tail pipe and it took forever to heal I just treated it with antibacterial ointment and kept it clean and covered. Luckily no scar.

Have been very busy at work. A week ago my book took all of us (9 of us)out to dinner at a very nice restaurant as she thought it would be nice if we all had a meal together. The food was amazing and we all had a blast. I cannot even imagine what the bill was as there were appetizers, drinks, and so much food. I have an amazing boss for sure. Still loving my job but now I am on vacation for the week of the 4th as the daycare closes to give us all a paid break. Not sure what I am doing but hoping to check out the Titanic exhibit in Portland. Hoping to go see fireworks tonight if the weather cooperates. Well, off to get something accomplished. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lauri, the party for your dgks sounds fun.

~Mother Theresa

Old 07-02-2016, 12:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We are having a few family members over to light off fireworks. I'm sad my 2 grandsons won't be here this year, they loved it last year.

Felicia

Old 07-02-2016, 05:09 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We planned a staycation for the weekend but looks like rain most of the weekend. I think we will watch a lot of movies.

Gregg and I bought groceries today. He need workboots too. We found a nice store that is work boots and cloths, cowboy/western and biker. I loved it. I could spend a lot of money there. They had nice boots and shoes.

The chamber put on a huge fireworks show.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:28 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This thread is now closed. Please join us here for July.

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/i...ip-corner.html

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

Closed Thread