Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Leisure Time > Idle Chit Chat!

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 05:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes. I had a great day.
Have a great weekend.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 06-14-2016, 10:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Belated Happy Birthday Lauri!!
Charlotte, hope your heat pump doesn't cost quite so much.. but whatever the cost it'll still be a lot.. hope you can get it replaced soon..

Well, my sil has been out of work for 3-4 weeks now.. he's trying to pick up jobs here and there and still working off his last paycheck w/vacation pay and waiting for his 401 payout.. I'm actually hoping that they will plan to visit his parents for a week when they get that money.. my #1 dd will be out of school then, waiting for her graduation to get her BA degree.. her dd isn't taking classes this summer-couldn't get covered by the Pell Grant because her grades were so bad, now she has to have a semester of classes with good grades to get the grant back; but she can take the classes slowly because of the cost of each.. and of course the younger gd is out of school for the summer-she'll be in 7th grade in the fall..
But, before they can go anywhere, sil has to make sure that their Nissan doesn't need any work on it, seems to have developed a leak yesterday-or possibly a leak got worse, IDK, but sil went off in it today so I hope he's working on it.. I need to get to work and dd needs to get to work also, be a little hard dealing with everyone's travels with only one car..

Our water softener decided to stop working a couple weeks back, dd called and found out the motor froze up so the company sent out a new one. She installed it and now the error light won't go off, seems to be working though.. She called tech support and they're sending out a new unit with the clock and timer in it, so hopefully that will take care of any other problems.

I have two grandchildren who are really smart.. my gd Chevy ended the year on the A honor roll with no absences-she'll be entering 5th grade next year; my gs Chandler ended the year classified as a genius.. was on the A honor roll all year, no absences, entering 4th grade with at least two AIG classes and another activity outside of his regular classroom. I'm proud of all my gk's, but especially these two who have worked so hard.. although they don't seem to have any problems with school work at all.

Still hot here and won't get any better until about November. Take care all, stay hydrated and cool.
Pam
Old 06-15-2016, 02:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning ladies.
Pam thanks so much for the Birthday wishes. So hard to believe the Grands are growing so quickly....Maddox will be 9 this month. Saorla just turned 7 and Graham is 5.
I hoep everyone is having a good week.
Nothing new going on here. Working on my container garden. I just can't seem to get myself motivated. I have to get out of this rut I am in.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

Beverly Sills
Old 06-15-2016, 04:29 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy Tuesday. Will have the new heat pump installed next week. Just as the heat and humidity is coming. Will feel bad for the works being up in my attic with the heat. I can't wait to have everything up and running correctly.

Charlotte
Old 06-15-2016, 04:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lots of afternoon storms and really high temps so haven't done much this week. Also I hurt my back/shoulders... too much lifting. But I am ok now. It lasted 3 days.

I know what you mean about no motivation Lauri!

Charlotte glad to hear you will have a new heat pump soon.

Felicia

Old 06-15-2016, 04:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi Felicia, Sorry to hear about your back not feeling good. Glad its feeling better. This has been a very hot and it's not even summer yet! The rain has been missing my part of town have to keep watering my plants every morning. Hope my string beans make it.
Charlotte, Glad you will be getting your new heat pump before the hot weather hits.
_______
Sueanne

Old 06-16-2016, 01:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

GOod morning ladies. Just wanted to check in and say hello. I have got to make it to exercise therapy this morning. I haven't been going and I can feel it.
Got most of my deck garden going. I am so slow.
Going to get hot around here but I will take it over the cold anyday.

Beverly Sills
Old 06-16-2016, 10:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It's so hot out! Yesterday with the heat index it was 103!! Too hot to be motivated to do anything!
My son Will bought a scooter today. So now both sons that live with me have one. One has a job [Will] but Nick is still looking.
My sons dog, Knight, he is allergic to dirt. When I dug up the grass for the planter I put in the back yard, he laid in the dirt and then got a red rash all on his underside. I love this dog. He is just a sweety. I call him my puppy love.
My daughter who is moving back to Ma is giving me her dog Emma. They don't take care of her. She spends all her time in a cage. That's no life for a dog. She is tiny, smaller than all 3 of my cats. But barks a lot. Other than that she is cute and sweet.

Felicia

Old 06-17-2016, 02:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning all. COngrats on the new dog Felicia. I am sure she will be happy with you.
Happy Friday to all. Any weekend plans.
Well something scratched through my screen yesterday while I was at therapy. I came home and a plan was in the kitchen sink as well as some "pellets". The screen had a tear in it. Thinking it was a chipmunk. Then I walked into the living room and the bay window screen had a tear in it and another plant was knocked down and more "pellets"! Thinking one way was the way in and the other the way out. Not sure if my "attack" cat (lol) slept through it or tried to get it. Now I am on the lookout to make sure it isn't still in the house and hubby has to fix the screens.
Well I have to get my list together for the grocery store. Have a great day.

Beverly Sills
Old 06-17-2016, 10:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lauri, bummer about the torn screen. Hope the culprit made its way out!

I seem to end up with my kids pets. They get a pet and don't take care of it. Anyone else have that problem? I was at my other daughters house with my son who moved back in and he was getting the rest of his things from her house. She was just leaving so she left. And I took her dog out to pee and a short walk. To be nice. Because that's just how I am. I guess I annoy my kids but it's a living thing! So anyways I took the dog out and cleaned his cage area and gave him food and water. He had lots of poop in there on a pad she puts down. And he had no food at all and no water at all when she left for work! The cat wasn't any better off. There was a tiny bit of dusty water in the bottom of a bowl. So I washed the bowl and gave the cat some food and water. I don't understand why she has pets that she doesn't take care of. The poor dogs life is in a small penned in area inside. Forced to pee and poop on pads. To me, that's horrible.

Felicia

Closed Thread