Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Idle Chit Chat! Just want to chat with your FC friends? Come on in and talk it up!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 10:42 PM

May 2016 Friendship

Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's, grandma's and great- grandma's!!
And all those who are watching us from heaven!
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2016, 04:59 AM
Nine Year Member

Happy May everyone. I was so happy to see more posts on this thread!
Connie I am so happy that you have Quigley. I am sure he is going to love his new home. Praying for Jasmine.
I am having a kitchen day today. I am either running low or out of things that I make like siracha mustard, honey mustard, etc......
Expecting rain. As much as I hate a dreary day I welcome the rain.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 05-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Assistant Moderator

Felicia, your fence looks great!

Sueanne, I did not know palm trees needed to be trimmed. Love your sister's new car.

Lauri, we need rain in Maine and looks like it has finally arrived here too. The fire danger was huge here as it was so dry!

Sharon, hope all is well with you.

I try to get on here to read posts and write posts but am so tired when I get home from work I can't even keep up with my email. Still loving my new job and it is going well. I have been helping train new employees and spending a lot of time working in the baby room. Two new identical twin girls just started and boy do I have a hard time telling them apart. Luckily their mom does not dress them in the same colors so when they arrive we write down who is in what color. We just have to remember to change the color written down if we have to change their outfits! My daughter came to visit last weekend and we celebrated her birthday. We went out to dinner, walked her dog for miles (her dog came to visit too), went to the movies and had a great time. Of course there was cake and presents too. My middle son has moved to Rhode Island and is now working for an environmental firm and loves it. He broke up with his long time girl friend (I am sad as I really liked her but assume it was for a good reason) and my youngest son is almost through his first semester at Johnson and Wales (also in Rhode Island). Both sons are living 10 minutes from each other so get to hang out together which makes me happy though me seeing them very often is more difficult due to distance. I am still enjoying my book group - one meeting left then we are done until starting again in Sept. Church activities keep me busy as well. Hope everyone on here is doing well and I hope to do better about keeping up with everyone. Between reading my book for book group, reading for my Bible study group, work and the usual chores time is often limited. I am just glad life is good. Hi to anyone I may have missed. Time for me to go make dinner!

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 05-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow it's May already!
Some of you know because you're on facebook and have seen my posts. My fence is done. It took 3 men only 2 days to put it in! Great job too.
Today we went to Lowes and Home Depot to buy some wood, gutters for the back of the house. We found these neat copper fence post toppers and some lights to attach to the fence. I found another cactus I like. And we bought a ton more bags of mulch. We are having 75 pieces of wood, my dh calls them lawn timbers, delivered. And a couple of trees. We are making more planters like the wooden ones out from. And a fire pit out back. So we can sit out there and read and relax. It will be a busy summer.

I still have no car. It started on fire almost 3 weeks ago. Supposed to be done tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Thank God we have 2 cars!

Hi Sammi! Lauri! Sueanne! Sharon! And anyone else that's posting to the May Friendship thread. I hope you all get some good weather now.

Felicia

Old 05-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Nine Year Member

Felicia, Been enjoying reading about what you are planning to do in your yard. Miss having my Dh helping outside and indoors anymore. But no sense looking for trouble takes a little longer but i get it done. I stood indoors today since it hit 92* and wanted to start my spring cleaning. Washed down my cabinets with an old cleaner that works great and leaves no streaks. Since I have sun tubes in the kitchen ceiling shows when it has to be done. Cleaned all the counter tops and appliances plus took all the crystal bowls and fancy dishes between my kitchen and dining room and gave them a good washing. They shine now. One of these days I will probably put them away but right now they have memories. If we get rain in a couple it will probably get cooler. Would like to get the carpets done next with my steam cleaner. It really refreshes the room when it is done.

I do take a break to check how you all are doing on the computer so i don't get over tired. Been seeing photos of my cousin in the hospital and chatting with her daughter on F.B. Sorry to say I don't play games on there have to try to keep up with what has to be done around the house and errands. Cannot believe how fast the days are going. Will probably go grocery shopping for a few things and get to Goodwill this week.
________
Sueanne

Old 05-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Nine Year Member

Hi ladies! just dropping in to say hello. I am so happy to read your posts.
Have a great day.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

Beverly Sills
Old 05-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sueanne it's mixed weather here. Cloudy looks like rain then the sun comes out. Forecast does say chance of rain. I hope so. I like getting rain every week to water the plants.
Today is eBay day. I have a lot of stuff to list.

Hope you're all having a great day.

Felicia

Old 05-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Assistant Moderator

Stopping in to say hi.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We are supposed to get a lot of rain today. So today I am going to do some cleaning inside.

Hi Connie! What's new in your world?

Felicia

Old 05-03-2016, 11:34 AM
Nine Year Member

So great to see your post Connie!
I can really use some sunshine.

Beverly Sills

Closed Thread